Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death

Is there any significance for me if someone else dreams, more than once, that I am dead? Or is a dream always only about the dreamer?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Death

Hi Peggy
This is difficult - more by the wording of your question - 'always',,,
Most usually dreams are about aspects of the dreamer - in some way.
Precognitive dreams are another league.
It seems that you have some knowledge of dream analysis and I think you know this - as an 'outsider' another persons role in helping someone to unlock the message of their dreams is very difficult. Recurrrent dreams are like someone knocking on your door twice - they are trying to get the person's attention, yet we can only see what we want to see or are ready to see.
Perhaps this person is subconsciously wantong to draw your help, or (more commonly) some aspect of the dreamer that you personify is changing for the dreamer.
You are obvously significant for the dreamer.
Best wishes
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Brisbane / Australia

Re: Re: Death

hi peggy,
as justin has stated,dreams are mostly about the dreamer in question,i would be interested to know what your relationship to the dreamer is,this might have some bearing on, your inclusion in their dream.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 england

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: Re: Re: Death

Thank you Steve and Justin.

A co-worker has told me twice that she dreamed she saw me lying in a coffin. We are friends, but not close outside of work.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53, TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: Re: Re: Death

Peggy,
Don't go shopping for a burial insurance just yet. We have to remember that your co-worker's dream is about him/her and less about you. It may indicate feelings about the you the co-worker possesses, or traits you possess that reflect some aspect of the dreamer. Or some other related experience/aspect the co-worker identifies with.

An example: If you possess a characteristic that the co-worker identifies with and yet the co-worker does not actually possesses, or had possessed at one time, and that characteristic no longer exists, then there may be a coffin for that characteristic to be placed for burial. The characteristic, experience or aspect could be a whole range of possibilities.

Perhaps if you can solicit the co-worker to provide the whole dream and post it for an interpertation, we may be able to gain further insights to the dream, and possible the co-worker's unconscious motivations.

Ah, the dream knows more than the dreamer knows.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Death

Well, she doesn't remember the rest of the dream, except that another co-worker's wife was also dead in it. It was over a year ago when she was dreaming about this.

But thank you! - I know now it has to do with her instead.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53, TN

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Death

Peggy,
It sounds as if there is some feminine aspect within her psyche thats she wishes were dead. You, and the co-worker's wife, are most likely feminine aspects within her psyche. If there is some type of personal emotions {example: jealousy} towards you and/or other women, it could also be be directed toward that end.
Even if that is so the personal feminine aspect will have a great bearing on the dream message.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present