Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
face paint

Hi, I had this dream, perhaps one which repeats itself, in a way that it involves paint, pigment and body??? It seemed insignificant, in that there wasn't anything strange or unusual about it, and because I don't remember it too well.
What I remember is that there is some sort of party and we are outdoors, with my friends, I am preparing food and sweets.
Then we decide to do face paint. There are some guys with us, I am not sure if I know them well, but they seem muscular, they may have their t-shirts off, I am not sure, I decide to face paint one of them, and I take the spray, while he closes he's eyes, and spray over his face perhaps even neck. Some other people do the same with the other guys, and spray paint them with different colours. I remember the colours blue, green, and red. It seems like the primary colours were used. Afterwards I remember going out with my girl-friend for some drinks.
It seems like a lighthearted dream yet I get a feeling like it may be about covering up something, or wanting so hard to enjoy myself.
Thank you
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: face paint

Magdalena,
Perhaps your words give clues to the dream, "It seems like a lighthearted dream". Often feelings about a dream provide insights to the dream message.

The outdoors is probably addressing an ego issue. The party is a celebration of sorts and serving food & sweets may signify joy or pleasure.
The face often represents the persona. The faces you are painting are masculine. Paint can symbolize covering up but may also symbolize adornment, as in an artistic manner. The dream symbol of painting guys face suggests there may be some masculine issue that you are trying to hide. I don't think it has to do some much with inner issues as it does the outer world of persona and ego.

I make that assumption because of the description you give of the guys; they seem muscular, they may have their t-shirts off. If thiswere an inner issue the symbolism would be along the lines of a strong structure or feature that is needing to be uncovered. But again I think the dream is addressing something more in line with your feelings of a 'light hearted dream'. As you stated the dream repeats itself, 'Some other people do the same with the other guys'. Of course the other people are other aspects of your psyche which suggests your whole self is involved in this issue.

Look back at the previous 3 or 4 days in your waking life and see if there were instances where muscular men with t-shirts were involved. You are painting these masculine identities in different colors. That may provide clues also.
If this was a light hearted dream then it may be addressing masculine preferences that have been covered up. It would be innocent behavior and not so much a deeper inner issue. Let me know your thoughst and we can go from there.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: face paint

Thanks Gerard,

I don't recall any guys with t-shirts off in the past few days.
I do remember they had strong face features, in the dream,masculine as some would say.
I don't know what masculine feature I may be trying to hide. All I can think off is that I am trying to become a stronger person, and happy with myself, not worrying about things that are not so apparent, or important. Perhaps the idea of strong represents in my mind images of strong masculine.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: Re: face paint

Magdalena,
Perhaps the hiding of the masculine aspect is your desire to show more strength as a person. Strength, not worrying are masculine aspects. You answered your own question as to what the masculine represenst within your psyche.
Be strong, stay strong, strenght with humility and compassion.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present