Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream concerning money transaction

Have suffered financial difficulties after recently starting a business. Have considered selling a pice of my property on which my home is situated, and found an interested builder. I am scheduled to meet with him tonight, as he is ready to put "an offer on the table." Last night I dreamt that I met him in either a coffee shop or fast food establishment to discuss. He was on one side of the cash register, I on the other. My son, who is 25 & works with me in the businss endeavor, was laying on a coach nearby. The prospective buyer began talking to me in a whisper & explained that although he would have liked to offer me $530,000.00 for the property, he had already spent $400,000.00 out of pocket in initial paperwork & approval submissions, and therefore had to offer less. With that, he pulled a large fold of cash bills from his pocket. I then asked him why he was whispering, and would he please speak up as I was having difficulty hearing. My son was looking at us, but I could see he was unable to hear the conversation. With that the dream ended.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48, New Jersey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Dream concerning money transaction

Laurie,
I see you have posted another dream besides this one. I will give an interpretation to the first dream without looking at the second. Then I will look at the scond and see what if any relationship there is between the two. The scond dream may shine more light on the first dream.

My interpretation:

The dream seems to be addressing your concerns over selling of the property. Is there some sentimental value to the property that causes you not to want to sell it? The fast food establishment, does it have anything to do with the business adventure? But the fast food symbol could represent your fears about doing things too fast. He, the builder, in your dream may symbolize inner opposing conflicts in having to sell the property, as well as the price being offered {two opposite sides of the cash register}. The price may be more about what you have put into the business, time and effort, than the actual monetary value of the property. Your son may represent his actual self, as someone who is a part of the transaction but is on the sidelines {he is inactive, laying on the couch}. Perhaps you are making decisions that you may not want him to hear, or he is involved in {the reason for the whispering}. The money spend on paperwork may be the effort you have put into the business, the great part of which is toll and labor that you have spent and can not recoup. You may be getting a fair price for the property but not enough to replace all the effort you put into the endeavor. But at the moment it is the cash that is important {pulling a large fold of cash bills from his pocket}. Is there any conflicts with your son about what is transpiring?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,

Wanted to let things take their course before responding to your take on this one. Strangely enough, the builder picked me up from my home & took me to a coffee shop to talk. I breed Chichuahuas & they can get a bit overwhelming, especially when I have an expectant female, which was the case, so I suggested we go somewhere in order to talk in a quiet environment. Sure enough, when we went up to the counter & started placing our order, I found myself on the lft & he on the right side of the register. This was the only physical possibility, as the rgister sits in the middle of a small counter. I should also tell you this place was his coice & I had never been there before. Gave me a bit of a strangely secure feeling, as though it was a "been there, be prepared" kind of thing. Anyway, the offer was substantially lower than I had expected, while he wants more land than originally discussed & I was prepared to part with. Yes, there is emotional attachment - knowing my spiritual beliefs, I should also tell you that the area he is looking at is the far end of my yard, where it is wooded & abutts about another 45 acres of uninhabited land that is about to be developed. This land has been a grounding force for me, a place I can go on my own, take a deep breath, hike during the day, look at the moon at night. There is also a beautiful maple tree who has been my good friend along with a couple of grandfather oaks that all stand on my property & would have to come down. These are the material & spiritual reservations I have with selling the land, but if I can't work the deal, I will probably lose the home that has been the only real home my son & I have known together. Anyway, met with the builder again yesterday & gave him a counter offer which he needs to think about. Said he'll gt back to me in a couple of days. As with my reply to you on the other dream matter, pulled the 9 of swords Saturday night & have had some sleepless boughts. Any input?
Much appreciated,
Laurie

P.S. - my son's input is o.k. with this, as long as we don't lose our home.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Dream concerning money transaction

Laurie,
The more info you provide about the personal aspects of your life at the current moment the more the symbols in this dream seem to fit the concerns and events having to do with the stresses you are confronting. Often dreams of the personal nature are not as straightforward as this one seems to be. A lot has to do with the individual. Those such as yourself who have investigated the world of other possibilities{beyond those of our christian culture} benefit from knowledge not accessible to those who are unaware of the possibilities. That may explain the straightforwardness of your dreams. Having knowledge of symbols through your experience with tarot probably provides your psyche with less barriers that the psyche must confront as it has to do with truth of the ego.
As for the number nine, in almost all aspects that this number shows itself as a positive. It has to do with the Muse and Goddess in Greek mythology.
Chinese mythology has the number nine as symbolic of the supreme sovereignty of the emperor and uses the number as the ulitmate masculine {which is feminine}. Nine throughout all cultures in history has significance cumulating in the ultimate symbol of 432,000 in Buddhism. Even in tarot it is seen as a positive aspect in most cases {DruidCraft Tarot - Nine of Wands, Nine of Swords}. Of course there are negatives to all the
possibilities, opposites, but they depend more on the negatives that the person possesses. I would think your take on the number nine in your response is
due to the stresses in your life. Perhaps it is merely a need to accent the positive that will turn your fortunes in dealing with your current life's situations. I am a believer in fate as something we can control merely by placing our 'faith' in the positive realm of our own nature. I live by the addage, 'do all you can do and don't worry about the rest'. Fate takes over from there and positive results occur. This is the message of the hero/heroine of myth where the helping hands of fate are always there to assist in the journey.

The next several days will tell a lot to how your fortunes will turn in your dealings with the builder. But there may still be possibilities of not having to even sell the property. Perhaps fate will interven and provide relief to these negatives in your life. Turning to the spiritual Self {beyond religion can offer} may hold the key to these possibilities. Let's hope so. Turn to your spiritual aspect and hope for teh best.

As a note of reality, in case there is no relief from having to sell, Joseph Campbell teaches us that life is tough and presents many barriers to overcome. Again the hero/heroine of myth has many dragons to slay. The first Buddhism sayin is 'life is all sorrowful'. The hero/heroine confronts the barriers and overcomes whatever obstacles is in the way to achieving the spiritual path. I wish I could give a remedy to what you should/could do but I am limited to this mortal body as you are. Give your energies to the spiritual aspect.
Best wishes and stay positive.
Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,
You are truly a wonderful person - can't thank you enough for the encouragement. I have always been a warrior, and don't intend to become negative now. Come too far for that.
Anyway, I am surrounded by loving presence and have faith that the universe will guide me.
Thanks again,
Laurie

stats from 7-14-10 to the present