www.powerofdreams.net

mythsdreamssymbols.com

Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,primarily Jungian
5000+ Dreams

Interpreted
Gerald's GO
Rescue Kitty Fund

NOTICE: Age/Gender REQUIRED For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis REQUIRED
My Analysis are FREE. For Compensation Please Donate to My Kitty Fund.
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy
Due to Full Time Responsibilities of Animal Rescue {Cats}
Dream Forum Closed
Private Dream Analysis Available {Compensation}...Request Analysis at mythsdreams@hotmail.com
5000+ Posted Dreams with Interpretations follows 'Dreams - What They Are and Their Function'
Read the following
Dreams - What They Are and Their Function
Dreams are a succession of images, actions and sensations that occur involuntarily in the mind primarily during the REM stage of sleep. Dreams are unbiased, spontaneous products of the unconscious, outside the control of conscious will. The act of dreaming is physical but the contents of dreams is psychological. They are NATURAL expressions of the dreamer's emotional/personal life illustrating experiences that possess strong emotional energies. Although there are literal applications in dreams the primarily language is symbolic, metaphorical of the dreamer's emotional energies.
  • 1. Dreams are about the emotions, emotional energies of the person who is dreaming. They offer advice and a deeper understanding of our waking life as well as the foundations for the emotional energies of the dreamer.

• 2. The language of dreams is symbolic, but also with literal applications {literal waking experinces}. The symbolic images and actions are metaphors for the patterns or motifs for the dreamer's emotional/psychological/physical life. Every character in a dream is a different aspect of an unacknowledged aspect of the dreamer and/or a prevalent situation in the person's life involving actual persons/experiences {dreams will address both aspects}.

• 3. The purpose and function of dreams is to guide the conscious self to achieve wholeness and offer a solution to the problems in waking life. Solutions to problems and conflicts from everyday life, as well as the deeper underlying issues, 'emotional injuries' that stem from the foundations of the dreamer {early life experiences and trama experiences in life}.
    ---Dreams attempt to reveal the authentic emotions and feelings that are often concealed from the conscious mind.
    ---Dreams compensate for conscious attitudes and personality traits that are out of balance.

• 4. Dreams are intentional. Nature provides us with dreams to understand and help heal emotional conflicts/issues. Just as the body has the immune system to heal and protect, the psych{ology} has the dream.

• 5. Dreams possess 'Archteypal' representations. Archetypes are universal, original patterns and images that derive from the collective unconscious and are the psychic counterpart of instinct. An archetype is an inherited tendency of the human mind to form representations of mythological motifs-representations of the symbolic images/actions without losing their basic emotional pattern. Dreams and mythology share the same archetypal images, myths as illustrations of the universal patterns and dreams as illustrations of personal patterns.

• 6. All dreams have at least two meanings or applications. One is the symbolic representation, metaphorical of the emotional energies, and the second being a literal application where a person, place or experience is addressing a real life experience. More about this in the Basics of Dream Analysis section at Power of Dreams

• read more
    Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    my mother and i

i was driving around in a car with my mother, her gm(my mentor), the Manging director(MD) of the company and two other people. I use to be a manager with this company and i still have a good relationship with them. We stopped to check out a building(pastel blue) and the company name was on the building and none of us ever remembered the company having an office in that building. Then the MD remembered it was a place for storing files. On the way back to the car there was alot of mud and sludge in the parking lot, i was able to jump onto the clear spots to get to the car. While i was sitting in the car my mother arrived at the car but she had mud on her shoes. We had to give her a cloth to clean her shoes which delayed us leaving. I was looking at her, the expression on my face was amazement, i was not too pleased but i was not angry either. The car was navy blue.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: my mother and i

Janine,
    It looks as if you searching for something with this dream. Your mother and grandmother may represent some higher inner aspects you are searching for, something that will help 'manage' your life.

Checking out the building probably symbolizes checking out your entire self. The pastel blue is a positive color {see colors in Dream Dictionary}. The thing that you are looking for may be something that you have not acknowledged previously, something within that is unfamiliar {not remembering the company having an office in that building}, or perhaps an aspect that has not yet been realized. You have stored these aspects away, perhaps have forgotten this aspect of yourself.

These hidden 'files' may contain aspects that are muddied, not clear, or perhaps not clear enough before now that you thought important. It may ahve to do with your mother, or could be to do with that higher aspect within, or both. The iner aspect may have to do with reconnecting to the grounding for which the inner Self needs for wholeness. When you look inward you see a cleaning is required, some part of you at least.

Two aspects this dream may be trying to communicate. One is that inward search, perhaps to do with the spiritual search. The other may have too do with your relationship with your mother. Has it been muddied in the past? You may have made attempts to reconcile this recently.

Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can find more to what the dream is trying to communicate.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: my mother and i

Gerard,
    As usual you are so on the money. That is what i felt and you confirmed it for me. I knew it had to do with my relationship with my mother, which is muddied and which i am trying to reconcile. I am trying to come to terms with the reality of who she is, the aspects of her i do not wish to carry on im life and too let go of judgement of her.

I had not gotten the part of looking for the higher parts of my spiritual self. But that is also part of the journey that i am in right now, so you are right. There is an aspect of my higher self that i am trying to reconnect with right now.
    Thanks as always.
    Janine

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: Re: my mother and i

Janine,
    Often it is difficult to discern what the mother may symbolize in a dream. What made me believe the dream was trying to address the relationship with your mother was the mud on her shoes. The higher aspect was less evident but your mentioning your grandmotehr as your mentor left me with the impression that the spiritual aspect was also trying to be addresses. The grandmother would be your higher Self.

Jung's approach to dreams are beyond reproach, at least in my humble opinion. We have to give the credit to his superior thinking when we look at the dream, and are able to see what the dream wishes to convey.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Re: Re: my mother and i

Hi Jainine, Gerald
    The building may stand for her father, the mud is a symbol of the underworl. She is indeed trying to reconcile with her mother from her own dad's daughter position (i.e. the company is a men's world, dad's world) Anymus? Reconcile with her mother... I'm trying to do the same thing with mine, and I tell you, a building is not the right place; mother needs extensions to be in a good mood. Can't say anything elese since apparently I'm in the same situation, only from a boy's point of view. The presence of grandmother is interesting; appealing to grandma to approach mother is a common thing in symbology: this I think is a happy thing.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35, Caracas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: my mother and i

This dream has gotten more hits than any other. Mostly because it is featured on the front page at MDS. It provides insights not only to the personal aspect of the relationship with the dreamer's mother but also the higher spiritual aspect. Jung states that all dreams have at least two interpretations. I find this to be true with dreams posted at the Forum, at least in the dreams of older adults. Younger people's dreams most likely address more than one issue but it is sometimes harder to discern exactly what aspects beyond their present condition that would be.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present