Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stairs, Court room

Real scenario: Family court debacle involving my 5 yr old son and my ex, to whom I was never married, and co-habited with briefly (first 4 months of pregnancy. I left him in Dec 99 - physical and extreme pscyhological violence. Police state that he is highly dangerous & follows through with threats and will get everything he wants and the legal system will do nothing to protect my child or me. How prescient. This is exactly what has happened. He has sexually,physically and emotionally abused my son and has never been investigated for this, despite my son telling a psychologist in graphic detail what his father had done to him, and despite glowing reports about me and my relationship with my son from a plethora of witnesses, paediatricians, psychiatrist. My son was a highly articulate, intelligent child before this debacle began. Ex partner is a hospital doctor, with history of disturbing conduct both personally & professionally & has never been investigated or pscyhiatrically assesed (which I have - clean bill of health, no history and no problems currently).

National press have my documents and wish to run story. 2 barristers have opined that this is the worst case they have worked on in 30 years (each) for corruption.

Dream:

I am walking up a broad, sweeping staircase, quite slowly. A warm, soothing, yet sumptuous feel. Warm cream painted walls with a golden hue/light and golden details in features on wall/decoration. A touch of deep red, either in luxury carpet or in detail on wall (cannot ermember exactly, just remember it being there on staircase) This looks nothing like the family courts (which are pretty dark & grim!) and is reminiscent of a stately home.

In court room, the (male) judge tells my ex, who is sitting with his 2 attorneys (which is weird as he litigates in person in real life) that my ex has a very weak case. I am litigating in person (in waking life I always have representation). Depite the judges insistence that my ex's case is weak, he and his (two male)associates are laughing, almost manically as if they do not care what is said, as if victory is theirs, no matter what the judges opinion.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Stairs, Court room

s,
I suggest we look at the judge {as well as his two male associates} as aspects of your masculine psyche. You see your ex's case as weak but the masculine system that you have had to navigate always sees things different. The system laughs at you while at the same time pretending to sympathize with you. The counter influence of the opposites often present themsleves in dreams in such ways. And perhaps your own masculine position is weaker than projected.

As for the first part of the dream. Navigating the legal system has been a slow sweeping endeavor. The colors you describe could very well be how you see yourself. In what context does this play into the scheme of things?

Let me know your thoughts.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard

Thank you for your considered replies to both os my postings.

The staircase was to my right (i.e a sweeping curve up a right hand wall) and also brought to mind a theatre. (probably connotations of 'performance' 'empty words' - who knows?!).

I always fight other peoples corners and cannot abide bullies/injusice, but no-one has ever fought my corner.

I am perceived by most as compassionate, yet assertive and invincible. My partner and my son (as well as my late mother) all know how sensitive and soft I am, so you are probably correct - my masculine side requires development.

Treachersous, pscyhopathic stepfather in developmental hinterland probably did not help that much, but I thought that as I was aware of this, I could escape 'template lifestyle' problems ie. creating a facsimile of my history or a polarised/negative view of men. One has to be aware, but even in awareness, we often make stupid, stupid choices in life. And thats the word. I am culpable> I made the choices and I allowed these mistakes to ocur, despite my better judgement.

(No I have never had therapy. Maybe I should have - I would not be in this mess now!)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

I note that there are 'replies' which I have read/posted against and 'Views'. How am I able to read 'Views'?

Re: colouts and how I see myself.

Sunny, warm, glowing, nurturing, golden.

Passionate, sensous (in all ways, not just the standard 'sexual' which is how many woudl interpret this. I love the natural world, verdant countryside, rivers, streams, coastal areas. Music, dancing, food, cooking, culture, teaching (English Language teacher and ex publishing/media), harmonious environments. Dislike loud noise, instant gratification culture.

Also: analytical (but not cold), witty, kind, playful, embracing, creative, enjoy writing (don't take this staccato/short hand posting as an example!)

My son and I are both Taureans with a Leo ascendant.

My younger brother used to practise astrology. I understand that the astrological ephemeris is based on the postions as seen ,whilst the astronomical ephemeris is based on the actual position of planets/constellations.

i.e. in astronmoical terms (as my brother would use) he would say taht most ephemeris are inaccurate and that many people calculations can be up to 30 degrees out. i.e. Born 2 May - thikn they are Taurus Sun, but actually Aries etc.

According to him I have Pluto and Uranus in Leo in first house. Saturn and Venus in Pisces in 8th house. Sun, Moon, Mars - Taurus - 10th house.

My son has Pluto in Scorpio in 4th house. Taurus 10th house. Moon Virgo/Libra cusp.

His father: 21/4/69. Possible Virgo ascendant - guesstimate i.e. process of elimination when figuring out other factors about his character/parentage etc. Aries sun )(maybe Pisces/Aries cusp), Gemini moon. Mars in Scorpio (Ouch!)

Re: Re: Stairs, Court room

s,
At the top of the main Dream Forum page is the caption 'Switch to Board Style'. This will let you see the number of people who have viewed your posts as well as the number of responses.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Stairs, Court room

s,
I am not a student of astrology. I do believe that astrology has its place but not that of providing true guidance to everyday life's problem's. The symbols used in astrology are often similiar to other metaphysical philosophies. But in my opinion it ends there, as a true science. Just as the moon has influences on humans and the planet, there must be some influences of other extra-terrestrial bodies on our planet. I rely more on proven science that I do on spectulative philosophies. I do not dismiss them outright but I do not take them as a formative way of living life.

Gerard

I do not 'believe' in astrology, but given your 'belief' in numerology, it was my understanding that the two are linked (as in many philosophies) with regard to philosophical undertakings of this nature.

I trust my 'instincts' or whatever one wishes ro call them, ('common sense'/intellectual analysis/ a hunch - animals have it, many humans have lost it/refuse to acknowledge it) and when I do not pay heed to them, it is to my detriment.

What then, of my dreams significance, now that you know the full picture with regard to my sons and my situation?

S,
Jung (apparently) used to say, 'but what does the dream say'- implying that the dream is 'correct' for us. Outside interpretations must fit for the dreamer, but are reallys useful for their outside perspective, sometimes seeing things from an angle we cannot see ourselves.
As I read your dream I get the message, 'no one wins out of this' ,,,, i don't know why.
Would it help to go back to the dream symbolically?
* the court room - a place of reason + justice
(supposedly)
* the judge - a higher power, a higher part of you?
* you litigating alone - separation of self ; separation of ego from Self?
* yr ex + his team - parts of yourself, that you thought you had separated from, or _____ whatever your feeling are towards these folk in waking life (but felt towards part of you)

Very trying (I was going to delete that, but it might mean more than I intended),,, good luck
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Dear Justin

Thank you for your reply.

I had considered the symbolism of the dream and how they may represent parts of my character/psyche.

The fact that I am embroiled in a legal debacle is represented in the dream. The legal system/ideology is androcratic.

It is established that the family courts in the US and UK are fascist to say the least.

The overriding feling of the dream is, as you say 'no win'. I am no defeatist. I analyse situations and people from a myriad of persepctives. My instincts/common sense tell me to withdraw from the battlefield (with my son)and fight this battle from a distance as to endeavour to fight in situ, can only mean annihilation (for me). That's euphemistic for 'run'!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present