Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
white spider

Hello

I had this dream today, early morning, I think it lasted only few minutes, it was quite strange.

I remember seeing beautiful birds, perhaps small parrots, colourful. I think I and others wanted to capture these birds. I remember seeing big cages with birds inside.

I open one cage and somehow from the cage a man appears, instead of a bird.
He seems strange and unfamiliar to me, I am somehow afraid of him. We're inside a room, and it feels like a working environment, perhaps even an interview room.

He's wearing clothes, not colourful like the birds I saw before. He has a big white spider on his shirt, and I am afraid again.
The spider sits on his shirt for a while, somewhere on one corner of his chest, and then moves to the floor.

I quickly then move out from the room, and shut the door, screaming for help, while the man tries to force the door in the other room, trying to open it.
I am scared the spider will appear from beneath the door.

The spider was quite prominent in this dream, and it was white. I know it may be a positive or negative symbol, but in this case I was afraid of it.
Also I don't quite understand the change from caged bird to human.

thank you so much
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} melbourne

Re: white spider

Magda,
The birds in the cage may indicate a need or desire to escape from something. Changing in to a man may suggest that you which wish to escape is a masculine aspect. This may not be a familiar trait, something you are unaware of or have not acknowledged. You are covering it up {He's wearing clothes}.

The spider may refer to a powerful force protecting you against self-destructive behavior, or some aspect that you will not or can not acknolwedge. It is a part of the coverup {clothes}. Once it moves to the floor {made known to the subconscious, ready to be acknolwedged} you shut it out. It is persistant {the man tries to force the door in the other room}, indicating it needs to be acknowledged.

Look at your waking life and determine who fits where in this dream. Looking back at your previous posts it was hard to determine who in your life would fit here. The man in your dream may represent someone in particular but probably symbolizes a masculine quality, perhaps a stubbornness to acknolwdege something.

Let me know your thoughts.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: white spider

Thanks for that Gerard, I found your response quite interesting.

I attempted to look back at my previous dreams, and I see things and symbols reappearing:
1. desire to get away, to detach, to resolve, to fight sadness
2. masculine versus feminine
3. the inability to resolve the problem, the difficulty.

I haven't noticed a few things in my previous dreams,
like in the one 'reflecting conflict?' and 'white spider'. I find that there is something different about them, well I am not sure, but maybe?
The kiss on the head in 'reflecting conflict' dream speaks to me of 'blessing' like Justin suggested in his post. And then the white spider, you suggested may be a powerful force that is protecting.
I haven't thought of that dream in that sense. But it is interesting how change is quite hard and that sometimes we fight against it - maybe that's how I see this dream.

The masculine quality may be the stubborness like you suggested or perhaps 'strength'?
I'd like to be stronger yet everytime I develop a habit of letting myself feel sorry for myself, when something causes a slight sadness - the overwhelming emotions.

Otherwise who could fit into this masculine role?
My father? My boyfriend? My brother? -who are the important men in my life. My father like I said earlier is not very close to me, although I find that sometimes I relate to him better than to my mother, maybe because I see her as the dominating person in the family. I would though like to feel closer to him, I feel like I missed out on communicating with him, and he with me.
Now my brother? I don't know how he'd fit in this dream, although on some part i'd like to be closer to him too at times.
My boyfriend? Well he listens to me when I try to explain why I am sad which is very hard and difficult to speak about. I spoke to him about the sadness and anger I had in the relationship with my mother, and he helped me there, and talked about his experiences. I think I have dealt with the sadness in taking things that my mother says to heart, although sometimes I still do because she's still my mother.
When I speak to my boyfriend about my sadness now, I think he finds it difficult to help me, because no longer it is a mother-daughter issue, and it is harder to explain where this sadness comes from. We have acknoledged though that maybe this vulnerability comes from insecurities in my family bonds etc.
I do get sad though about the little things he might say, or do, like him not being able to see me because something might come up or one of us is busy with something, or if he says something 'in a light-hearted way' and I start analysing and thinking about why I got sad in the first place, feeling insecure about 'us' as a couple, even though deep inside I know he loves me.
However I do find him stronger than me, in being happy in the moment, and patient. I know he wants me to be stronger too.

I know I tend to go on and on...but to summarise it all,
I am afraid of loosing love, friendship etc, and am still finding strength in myself. Although many of us still juggle with this, don't we?

I don't know what this masculine aspect could then relate to...or what it is that I am trying to acknowledge, it may be a while before I figure it out, I feel like I know what it may be and then not have a clue at all. I'd like to know why I'm struggling with the masculine/feminine aspects, and what exactly they mean.

thanks Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} melbourne

Re: Re: Re: white spider

Dear magda,
You are well on the path of your own self discovery. You are really working at your stuff - Congratulations.

You wrote - "I am afraid of loosing love, friendship etc, and am still finding strength in myself. Although many of us still juggle with this, don't we? "

Yes - this is the essence of REALLY 'growing up' - finding love within ourselves, so that although we may be sadened by loosing a loved one we know that we are still ok on the inside. To know that we are love and that we are still ok, infact we are more than ok ,,,

Masculine /feminine - Gerard has put some great links on the site.
Some of my own thoughts on the masculine - directedness, goal orientated, sense of purpose, desire to break through (freedom), capacity to sustain

And I think spiders in dreams can ne symbols of protection and deeper 'unseen' connections.

JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: Re: Re: Re: white spider

Dear Justin,

thank you. I am aware of the things that limit me, and my desire for happiness. It's just that now and then there's this 'blockage' and the easiest way is to let yourself develop an easy response to that, like crying and feelings of weakness.

it's nice to dream then of white spiders
which speak of protectiveness...

it feels nice to know that we're all on a similar path, sharing our dreams, in this 'dream forum'.

thanks again Justin

It does sound as if you have found the key to the cage door, so to speak.

You have imprisoned yourself with self doubt and wish to take flight. You need to assert yourself more, be good to yourself, occupy yourself with thoughts and deeds away from your boyfreind, develop your own sense of who you are. be proactiev, not reactiev with regard to hanging on to every nuance/comment that others have/make.

Do a college/university course,/exercise/meditation/different caree/charity work/ whatever. Find something you love and you will feel better and love yourself more (not narcistically, but with regard to 'acceptance')

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Magda
There is another aspect of the symbolism of your dream that I meant to comment on -
"I remember seeing beautiful birds, perhaps small parrots, colourful. I think I and others wanted to capture these birds. I remember seeing big cages with birds inside."

Birds can be symbols of transcendence ,,, 'beautiful birds'.
From "Man and his Symbols" - edited by Jung ( a great book, not too heavy, good Jungian dream overview) , page 146-147.
- 'we encounter them ... in the dreams of contemporary men and women who are at a critical stage in their lives'

,,,, "and others wanted to capture these birds"

Iin reference to dreams, again from the same page of the book above - dreams "provide the means by which the conntents of the unconscious can enter the conscious mind, and they also are themselves an active expression of those contents"

Magda - we are only metered out what we can handle and are ready for ,,, you must be ready for this one ,,, act through love

JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Magdalena,

As in another dream you had about spiders..I think maybe the spider in this dream may symbolize your feelings regarding your mother. Spiders may represent a dominating mother, for either men or women, I put a link up about spiders in reply to your dream about many spiders.

I think your relationship with your mother is complex. Clearly she is a very important person to you and you love her, and clearly at the same the relationship is causing you tremendous pain. I think that your dream is also offering you solutions with showing you your difficulties. This dream, taken in light of your other dreams...shows a similar pattern...it reveals a problem and with it..a solution. In this dream, the beautiful birds are a symbol of transcendence...you will overcome..you will gain tremendous inner treasures as a result of working through the emotions in this relationship, other relationships...and waking situations. In the jewellery dream where you are cutting gemstones...if they may represent raw emotions like depression and anger, you create a beautiful necklace.

In one of your dreams you dreamt your brother and mother were burning you. On an emotional level the meaning is clear..there are many levels to dreams.

I wish to recommend keeping up with your dreams, as I am sure they are healing for you, and keeping a journal and finding someone or several supportive friends to help you work through the relationship with your mother. It is good to share with your boyfriend, but don't let him be the only one who is supporting you. I don't know the background with you and your mother, but mother daughter relationships are important and when it is painful can affect you emotionally. I hope that you can find someone near you who you can share with...and the advice of the people on this forum is amazing...follow your bliss.

Good luck. Please let me know if anything I wrote resonates with you or rings true.

Also, the spider may represent something protective..it can have many levels of meaning..but if it represents domination (mother) and is white, white may be a symbol of death, not literally but as a way of being;change...your relationship with your mom could change for the better..though not easy but with some insight you gain you could be able to manage the relationship in a way that protects you from harm and helps you understand why your mom is the way she is (to develop compassion and heal your heart, and to know her limitations so you may begin to satisfy those emotional needs that she cannot give you elsewhere.)

Best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present