Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stabbing Self

I have a recurring(a few times a day) daydream where I am lying in the fetal position and I stab myself in the stomach. Sometimes I twist the knife. I do not feel anything and then I just go back to my life.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Bloomfield, NJ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Stabbing Self

Hi Sara,
I am interested to hear your thoughts on this 'flash' that you have.,,,
It reminds me of the Japanese suicide, 'har kari' - can you catch any fleeting thought or feeling just before you have this flash? what are you doing, saying or thinking just before this flash?
would like yr thoughts
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: Stabbing Self

Sara,
Being in the fetal position may indicate something that has not yet developed, or developed properly. Since it is you who stabs yourself, it may indcate something you have {or even have yet to do, something you wish for but can not have due to frustrations of some type} have done and can not stomach. Twisting the knife could indiacate self guilt, something you can not forget about, it twists inside you.

If you do not feel anything may suggest you are not aware of these emotions and go about your life. This would indicate repressing certain emotions pertaining to this thing that you can not 'stomach'.

Question. Have you had the desire to have children and have yet to do so?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Stabbing Self

Your question brings up something that I thought I was dealing with. I do have a desire for children and have not yet had any but there is one child I do long for. I used to babysit an infant (starting at three months) for her grandmother. The grandmother took the child in because her mother was going to give the baby up for adoption. When the child was 2 1/2 the mother decided to have another baby and wanted her other child back. An old judge was impatient and did not get all the facts before he ruled that a family should be together. She has been gone for just over a year now. There were problems in her home and now she is in foster care. Her grandmother is trying to get her back. Over the year that she has been gone I have prayed every day for her safe keeping and if possible her return. I don't think I ever really talked to anyone about how tough this was for me. After all I was seen as just the babysitter. What bothers me a lot is that she was so young and probably will not remember me and everyone else who loved her so much. Is this consistent with themes in my dream?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Bloomfield, NJ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: Stabbing Self

Sarah,
Thanks so much for your response. This dream shows us a lot about dreams function, using the metaphors to express deep emotions.

Your response is very consistant with the dream content. It fits the real circumstances of your desire to have children and the emotions around those desires. It also seems to, at the same time, affirm your emotions for the infant you babysat. These are natural emotions. Nature provides that mechanism of natural mother love and protection. The mother instinct is all about caring and loving and it works as long as there is that healthy psyche {psychology}. We have children not just for legacy {the natural instinct to pro-create} but to share our love. Almost all animals {if not all living things}. have the pro-creation instints but are not capable of showing emotions {other than some primates}. . Dreams are about the emotions.

Disecting the Dream.
The fetal position could adress several personal aspects. Babies in the womb developes in thw fetal position. The fetal position could also symbolize your concerns for the child you babysit, you are incapable of doing anything about it, thus the fetal position of being helpless {as infants are without the mother}.

As for the stabbing, because of the unrealized natural desire for children there could be possible feelings of guilt. Certain personal issues may be so stressful it is causing guilt. It could also be touching on those natural instincts of caring as it has to do with the child you babysat. Especially since the child is up for adoption. The circunstances surrounding the child and how it has turned out or some other personal reason} may cause a feeling of the knife twisting inside you.

Perhaps, since there is so little if anything you can do about the circumstances of both desires, the dream is merely repeating how you are having to live your life. You have become num to the pain and emotions and must carry on with life. To give time and energy to the emotions of your desires will cause pain, thus it is best not to 'feel anything'. Since there is not a baby in your stomach {womb}, there are no feelings there. The dream has its own language.

Interpreting Dreams.
I can only read the universal possibilities of the dream. The circumstamces as to what the dream is trying to communicate can only be known by the dreamer since the dream is about the dreamer's life. Jungian psychology provides a set of guidelines when looking at the universal aspects and they are most often amazing correct. By matching the metaphors in the dreams to the true waking life, most often you can see the relationships, even though they can take on strange symbols and actions.

I often get a feel for a dream. That is why I asked you about your desire to have children. When I read the dream and think about the possible metaphorical references of the symbols, I intuitively sense things that are telling. Since I know so little about the dreamer I can only give so information about the dream, and give my thoughts to the possibilities. From your response we can see the universal and the personal coming together, the relationship between the two.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present