Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
reccuring theme in a dream for the first time

I have very random dreams every night, but lately there is a reccuring theme for the first time I can remember. Whenever i dream i see the dreams as I see normal life - through my eye's viewpoint. I alwasy stay this way in dreams throughout, but in every dream I have had lately I keep encountering a younger version of myself which I then protect or take care of for the remainder of the dream. I also have encountered myself at present age in some of my dreams. Anyone got any ideas? Am i harbouring something about my past perhaps? any help would be much appreciated

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 london

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: reccuring theme in a dream for the first time

ali,
Encountering yourself in your dreams as a younger you may indicate past experiences where there was a need to for prtection/nourishment that was not wholely provided. This could range from something very simple to something more taumatic. How was your life when you were younger. Did you get the proper love and acceptance from your parents and friends? If you could post a complete dream perhaps I could give a more detailed response.

And thanks for giving your age. Age often has great bearing on how to approach a dream when interpreting the symbols.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

thanks for the help Gerad

I had ( and still do have i think) a pretty stable lifestyle as a child - parents are still together, had a rather nice love/hate relationship with my brother( 4 years older) which is now more love than hate and involves a lot less tale telling!

Funnily enough after i wrote the last post, i have not since encoutered a younger version of myself or any other versions of myself in dreams.

Now though, I'm starting to dream again in my random pattern. Can i ask, is it right to dream every night? I'm quite stressed with my schoolwork right now and I think it might be affecting my sleep as I dream of days at school sometimes and then wake up dreading it.

Also I dream a lot about my boyfriend. Before i went out with him i had a "fling" with his best friend (both of them are aware of the relationships between me and them) and now i keep dreaming I am cheating on my boyfriend with him. I found out that just before my current boyfriend asked me out his friend decided to ask me out. Am i harbouring some feelings for him, even though now i don't even like him as friend? Does it mean I'm not happy with my boyfriend now - who i think I'm very happy with!

Get back if you can, thanks very much

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 london

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Ali,
We all dream, every night. Most do not remember their dreams. During stressful times dreams can be more accessible. One function of dreams is to help sort through those things in our waking life.

The fact you see yourself as a younger you in your dreams may be relating to experiences of those younger years. They do not have to be negative experiences. Perhaps because you are getting older and life is becoming more difficult, the younger you in your dreams may longing for the simplier life. Since you are still very young and have put effort to exploring your dreams, I suggest you do learn more about dreams so you can understand more about your waking life. Most often, for most people, there are unconscious influences the waking mind is not aware of. A function of dreams is to make you aware.

As for your relationship with your boyfriend. I know it seems an important issue in your life but if you let it go the normal course you will work through it. Most likely there will be many more love affairs to come. At 16 you are still very young and should not get too involved in the matters of love. Look beyond the desires of the moment and give time to think about the future. Your education should be foremost in your mind.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I would advise the same as Gerard.

Your education is of paramount importance.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present