Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Married in 80 days

I dreamt that I was on my way to work and on the phone with a psychic and she was doing a reading on me via cell phone. She told me that I was getting married in 80 days. I was very distraught about this in my dream because it meant that I was not marrying who I thought I'd be marrying. Also, when I arrived at "work", it was not the place where I am currently working. I then disconnected my call with her. Is there a chance there's a signifcance in the number or the fact that I was supposedly talking to a psychic?

Weird

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 NJ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Married in 80 days

Elena,
In your everday responsibilities you take time to consult your true self. You are needing/trying to coalesce your life and need to do it within a certain time {when are you actually getting married?}. You find yourself not in your usual mold. There is a disconnect.

The dream may be addressing inner questions having to do with your marriage. Is there some uncertainty/apprehension {which is normal}? You feel the approaching date to the marriage and you feel some disconnection. Perhaps your intuitive self has questions to the marriage.

The psychic is probably your own psyche. You are consulting your innre resources for advice.

What are your thoughts? I would be interested in knowing whjat the 80 days may signify. Has to do with the date of your marriage?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks Gerard, I especially liked what you had to say about the psychic being my "inner psychic". The thing about the getting married is that I'm NOT getting married. There is someone who I've set my cap for, but my "marriage ideas" have only been in my own head and I've never voiced that to him or anyone else.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Elena,
Since you have not consulted anyone about your 'marriage ideas', there are probably questions you have concerning whether he will accept them. Doubt is often a theme in dreams. You may be 'doing a reading' intuitively of how he will accept those ideas. And also 'doing a reading' of your own princilples also, wonedring if indeed they are acceptable. This is your inner' psychic at work.

'Not marrying who I thought I'd be marrying' is probably dealing with those same doubts. What if he doesn't accept your ideas? Will he that person you thought you wished to marry? Are you the person he thought he was marrying, or are you someone {the ideas} else that he may reject?

If there is doubt showcased in a dream it often is more than just a doubt that is being addressed. Perhaps it is best to mention your ideas before you get married. Most problems in life can be avoided if we take the time to do all that can be done prior to any actions taken. Hindsight is 20/20 but foresight is invaluable.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Elena,
I had almost forgotten. Is there any significance to the 80 days? Or the number 8? Numbers often provide valuable insights to a dreamers psyche.

Gerard

I looked up the number 8..symbolized powerful activity and forecasts huge money and 0 symbolizes perfection. Haven't really put those together yet as it pertains to the dream itself. With regard to the "not marrying who I thought I was marrying" and addressing it, I'm afraid it's NOT possible to do so. But the doubts you spoke about are definitely very real.

Thanks for your insight.

Elena,
Eight is the number for perfection in some instances. It is actually a reference to the number 4 which Jung saw as perfection, or wholeness. 2 x 4=8. I have always looked at the number 8 as connected two togther, as in marriage, Your reference in your dream to getting married in 80 days may well represent that. And it does not need to be a physical marriage. It could be a connection to your inner psyche.

The psychic mentioning the number 80 could have been a stimulus to include it in your dream. But the actual reference is about the connectiveness to your waking life and the possibly doubts and anxieties about your pending marriage. As for psychics in general, I would take what they say with a grain of salt. They use generalizations to make it seem as if they are addressing something exclusive to your life.

Two antidotes to the above
As for generalizations. A professor asked his students to read a paper he prepared describing their individual astrological readings. Almost all of the students said that the astrological statements fit their life perfectly. That is until the professor told them he had given them all the same reading. This is a true story.

As for the number 8. In my last marriage my wife had a licence tag with the number 888. This was just when I began studying dreams and the significance seemed to equate itself to marriage. The combining of two perfections. But unfortunately we divorced, which whne looking back I know was a mistake. So perhaps the synchronistic occurance of the tag with 3 8s was really telling me I had made the right choice in marriage. But because of my Shadow I made the wrong choice in divorcing. If you had the 3 8s together you get 24 which added together equals 6. The number 6 is 9 upside down which can often symbolize the opposite self, or the shadow. Just a thought. And a possibility.

Gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present