Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Death

Hello Gerard,

I dreamt this morning that my Grandmother (Nanny, as she was known) has died. I am taking my son to her viewing, we walk in the room, and her casket is tucked in a corner. I go over and see that she has the American flag covering just her face. I take it off and her legs kick up and she is alive and mentally disabled. My Mom says they took her brain but not her brain stem, that is why she is that way. In time she will die. There is a small piece of metal on her hand, my Mom is saying to Nan "you wouldn't let them take that because I gave it to you." I think this may have something to do with why Nan is still alive.
I am then outside her house on a deck, the area is messy, and I see a door and a shoe? at a lower level.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Death

Maureen,
I am goingto break down the symbols so you and others have an idea how I approach a dream and come up with an interpretation. Then I will give my interpretation. Perhaps by breaking down the symbols it will help you with associations in your waking life.

The Symbols & Motifs

Dead Grandmother- May symbolize the female aspect your innate wisdom is not functioning

Taking your son to her viewing- The male aspect of your inner child

Room- An aspect of self - note your association with both the room and contents in question for further clues

Casket {coffin}- A completion or ending
Grieving or a feeling of sadness
Laying something to rest, letting it go
Taking leave of something or someone

Corner- Feeling hemmed in

Flag- Pride, identity

Face- The manner in which you present yourself to the world
A façade or persona

I take it off and her legs kick up- Removing the facade and those principles that supoort your foundation become active

Alive and mentally disabled- You are adjusting but not mentally coherent

Mom- Your wise, feminine side

Brain but not her brain stem- Your intellectual ability, the thinking self is functioning but not the other aspects that support proper functioning of your whole being

Small piece of metal on her hand- Your strength, power, courage or spirit {metal} that needs to be communicated {hand}

Mom is saying to Nan- Your wise feminine self addressing the subject of the innate inner wisdom
Because your innate wise self is not functioning does not disable the total wise feminine self

You wouldn't let them take that because I gave it to you- Not letting the need for facade to diminish your innate feminine wisdom

I think this may have something to do with why Nan is still alive- It is this feminine, intuitive feminine wisdom that keeps you functioning, keeps you going.

Outside her house on a deck- The waking aspect of your life connecting to the inner wise self

Area is messy- This part of you is not in proper order

Door and a shoe? at a lower level- An opportunity for realizing these apsects of yourself, removing a barrier {door} that supports the principles you need to live by

The
Interpretation

The dream seems to be trying to communicate a need to acknowledge, to yourself and others, that some aspect in your waking life is a facade, a cover-up to how you really feel.

Your innate feminine wisdom is not functioning properly. You look to your not yet fully developed masculine qualities to help with this feminine aspect.

This probably means you are putting on a good face, looking strong {a masculine quality}, but this is part of the facade.
You need to communicate your true feelings {a feminine trait} before you can be your true self, feel whole and happy.
You may feel hemmed in and it is your duty to go along with what others say or feel. You have to put on a facade, present yourself to others as something you are not.

You think about removing this facade but that will help you mentally but in real life it will pose many problems still. You are probably giving a lot of thought to doing just this anyway. You refuse to give in completely, your wise self is promoting itself. The wise self is still very much alive but the waking life is still a mess. You sense that you need to communicate your true feelings but it is not something that is a high priority.

Let me know if this interpretation touches on some part of your life. Perhaps we can determine more of what the dream is trying to communicate to you.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Maureen,
Something that I did not mention that may be important is the title of your dream; Death.

Since this is the title it probably has a real significance in your life. Something has died or is dying within you and that takes away a vital part of your true self. You can not be that person you want/need to be and may prevent you from living that harmonous, happy life you seek. Until you resolve these issues you are unable to function properly.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hello Gerard,

Thank You for such a quick reply, and for making my dream an example of interpretation. I have been studying interpretation and still sometimes struggle, particularly with some of my own dreams.

My "Death" dream I'm sure has to do with emotionally coming to terms with a pending divorce and the ending of a connection with my husband. The marriage not only ended, but the person I was certainly is no more...the woman I *was* has died, in the best way. I came out of my "mourning period" about a month ago after two years of deep inner work and healing. My inner world and outer world are starting to come into balance...my self esteem is in tact...and I feel empowered again.

So now I am at Stage 2 of the game. I am attracting opportunities that reflect where I want to be professionally and personally. I have recently re-opened lines of communication with someone I very much love, and have loved for a long time. We've had ups and downs, but some how always manage to find each other. I am wanting to "get it right". I've had an energetic shift of sorts these past few days, there's been a great feeling of change, and he is a part of that. I want to communicate with him and say what is truly in my heart, but tend to hold myself back as not to scare the hell out of him.

My dreams and intuition have been the source of navigation as I struggled these past two years. Thank You again for your insights, and any that may follow.

Gratefully,
Maureen

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

stats from 7-14-10 to the present