Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I constantly dream of rats

Hello Everyone, I am new here and I would like to say hello first. I am TERRIFIED of rats. The other night, I had a dream I was getting married and saw a large white rat. It woke me up because I am so afraid of them.
Then, last night as I was drifting off to sleep, I started to dream (right away it seems) I was walking down a hallyway and it was blurry. I was able to focus and I saw a row of rats eating and running. I snapped awake.

Right before I woke up the second time, I dreamed of yet another rat. This one tried to bite me and was showing it's teeth. I had to climb to get away from it.
Nice way to wake up.
Does anyone know what this is about?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Los Angeles

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: I constantly dream of rats

hautehippe,
Rats can symbolize those things that are gnawing at you. Look to your waking life and detremine what it may be that is bothering you. It is probably something within the last several day that has been on your mind and you have givena lot of thougth to. You may not be able to get it off your mind because it is bothering you so much.

Another possibility is the actual fear of rats. Have you recently encountered rats in some form or another? It could be from a movie or conversation that has stimulated your fear thus projecting it into your dreams.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

There might be something to that. I worry about everything...
I do have some things that are weighing heavily right now.
I just wish they could surface in a different way!
I am mortified by mice and rats. It's an outright phobia.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Los Angeles

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

hautehippie,
Those things that are really troubling you may end up as the central themes {motifs}in future dreams. If you have a dream of a particular type of vermin, one with a particular characteristic, color, etc., then the dream may be pointing to a certain sress that is prevelent in your waking life. If you look at the rat{s} and take that characteristic and compare it to your waking life then it may shed light on some aspects of that particular stress you may not be aware of. You can also post the dream here at the Forum for assistance. Besides myself that are others who can help provide insights to your dreams.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present