Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dog and father dream

ok this one threw me. i dreamnt i was starving, so much i could feel the hunger more than anything. the hunger also had a small muted sound to it, like a hum. so in the dream i killed my dog and cut her up and began cooking parts of her. while i was eating the dog i would all of a sudden realize what i was eating and be horrified. then i would forget and remember all over again what i was eating. each time it was a horrible realization. this happened like 5 times. when i finished eating i went to the Virgin record store on michigan ave. and there i saw my mother and these mobb like guys who were telling me that they were going to kill my father. they said he owed them 9000 dollars. i wandered around the store and could not find my father there. i knew if the mobb guys found him first they would kill him, so i felt like i had to warn him. my father was not in the store. so i told the mobb guys i would pay his debt, i did'nt have the money but i kept trying to think of ways i could get it. then the mobb guys got real close to my face in a very threatening way and told me "he has one year, one year and we're going to kill him." so i told them again i would take his place. but all they kept saying was he's going to die in one year.

this is strang i would offer my life in place of my fathers considering we are not at all close but are very civil. my dog and i on the other hand are very close. help me out with this one.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 chicago

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: dog and father dream

Amanda,
The hunger in your dream may be that hunger you are searching for in life, not of food but of acceptance from someone in your life. The best candidate would be your father. This may be so even though there have been some problems in the relationship. This has probably affected your own masculine aspects which would show up in your waking life.

Question? Do you have a problem with overeating? This may be the masculine aspect that has been affected, a lack of discipline when it comes to eating.

I sense that there have been those times in your life that your father was not there when you needed him. Metaphorically this would translate to a lack of discipline in your life as it is today {perhaps to do with an eating problem?}. The mob in your dream would be those inner aspects that are trying to get back at your father, or get his attention. Since you unconscioiusly blame him for not being there when needed then the dream would show this as a mob trying to get him. Also unconsciously your masculine self is under attack from those other aspects of your psyche about the lack of discipline in your life.

If there is not a problem with overeating there is probably some other area that lacks discipline. Let me know your thoughts to my interpretation and perhaps we can expand on the dream possibilities.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

thanks gerard

i guess your right on, not so much with an eating disorter, but i do lack the disapline of knowing when enough is enough. i have had addiction problems for the last couple years. sometimes not so bad but the last i went all the way with it, as far as it can go ya know. total junkie. i dove right into to the life style and took it to it's furthest possibilities.

as for my father, we have never even had an arrgument, he and my mother split when i was 1, so we were kind of on the one weekend a month basis. we have a pretty friendly relationship. but that's as far as it goes. but i can see were your thought comes in. it's not a surface feeling of neglest i have about my father but i can see that it may be there underneath. just because i'm an adult now and realize the responsibilites you should take as a parent. i think that's why i'v made an effort not to be a parent myself for fear of repeating the relationship i have with my parents (or lack of)with my own children.

what about the eating of the dog? that part freaked me out most. while i was eating i would realize what i was eating and get really sad and horrified. then i would forget and be fine and the remember again and over and over. and i totally love my dog -- you know i'm one of those 30 yr olds with the child substitue --a dog.

thanks
amanda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 chicago

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Amanda,
Dogs often symbolize those aspects associated with protection. Dogs are guardians. The discipline problem may be your own undoing, consuming that part of you that provides discipline. Dogs are often symbolic of the masculine {cats the feminine}. So the possibility of eating your dog is re-inforced by the masculine associations. The feelings of sadnes would be from a lack of discipline.
This symbolic language shows how the dream should not be taken literal. It has nothing to do with eating your family pet.

If there are other areas in your life where discipline is a problem, you may want to look into those associations. Dreams try to inform the waking conscious of those aspects/conditions in your waking life that are out of balance.

Have you hugged your dog today?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present