Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rape

Hello, I was hoping you would be able to tell me what this dream might mean...

From what I can remember, I was being raped by this girl. I was overtaken and I couldn't get away. She wouldn't let me go. All of this happened in the street. Then, I found myself in a room with a large group of people and she was in the group. I tried to stay but I had to leave. I was outside and I found her leaving because she was uncomfortable.

I woke up...

I found one interpretation that was about power, control, anger, and other very destructive emotions. I was just recently humiliated in class by someone else. So, I'm sure this had something to do with the dream. But, do you have any thoughts?

Aaron

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14, Tenessee

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Rape

Hi Aaron,
These are strong dreams and it is great to reflect on them - my comments are not directly about your dream but some background might help.
Growing up / Adolescence can be a time for us all. We experience intense feelings and emotions that we have not felt previously. We start to see the world differently. I think especially for men today this is difficult - because of the necessary civilizing influences of society (we cannot behave like cave men ,,, and yet probably experience much the same feelings).

It is hard stuff to explain but the world is made up of opposites - like men and women, wet and dry, moving and still; and these opposites are always see-sawing, looking for balance. It is the same inside us - we are made up of different parts, and when we grow up we start to experience the different parts of us. All are good - when things are balanced we are healthy and happy.
Sex is a union of opposites - man and woman coming together. This is a physical thing - but a similar thing happens inside us too (I am speaking to you as a man).
Much of society today does not know of these things. They are difficult to explain and hard to talk about because they are so personal - perhaps this is why the uncomfortable feeling.

Your dream is along these liines, I hope it makes sense. If not let me know and I'll look at it again.
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Well, your interpretation makes sense in some aspects. But they way I see it, the other day in school I was "raped" of diginity. I was talking to the class and I guess I did some sort of hand flick and didn't realize it. Next thing I knew, some kid was making fun of me and calling me gay and he wouldn't stop. I was almost pushed to tears, in fact had I been alone, I would've. Things like this stick with me and I often dream about them, normally in a twisted way. This dream is one of the onlt ones I have ever had to bother me so bad! Anyone else want to comment? Please?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14, Tenessee

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: Rape

Aaron,
This fits very well, makes sense. It also fits with how we as men deal with aspects of ourselves that may be seen / interpreted as feminine ,,, this is pretty common in schools. It is especially hard if you are intuitive,
All the best
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Aaron,
Here is my interpretation from last night to this dream. Jutin makes some valid points that you should consider also.

The Interpretation
If you were humilated by a female in your class, then the dream is most suredly focusing on that event and te emotions affected. Rape is often about humiliation. Humiliating to the woman and often a primary reason why some men rape, to humiliate women {which may even have something to do with your personality/psyche, or maybe not}. The dream could be a simple as that.

But the feeling of being overtaken by a woman may represent some deeper attitude you have developed that affects waking life in general. A dominating mother would be an example.
That, or other developed attitudes could help form psychological problems or attitudes where your feminine aspect {see Anima/Animus to understand this concept}dominates the masculine, so much so it affects your personality and behavior. In your waking life you may feel inferior to women and through your actions either feel a need to be submissive {and not just around women, men also} or take the opposite behavior and lash out at women. That could put you in a position where women will want to humiliate you. They dislike you beacuse you dislike yourself. This will come through especially to intuitive types.
But this is just an example. You know yourself, or should get to know yourself so you can recognize ant faulty plumbing psyche wise.

In your dream with the large group you have the actual scene of your real life humiliation. Psyche wise the group may be all those other aspects of your psyche. Among those aspects is the feminine. If the feminine aspect is not in a balanced position then the natural instinct is to want to bring about balance
{one function of dreams}.
If there is an unbalance attitude towrad the feminine, your dream would dislay a desire to stay and help bring balance to your feminine, the 'she' in your dream {she was in the group}. But the hangup with the feminine in your waking life cause you to have to leave in the dream. In your waking life {outside} you find this feminine aspect perhaps in some person. This person may be uncomfortable around you, or your own feminine aspect may feel uncomfortable with some masculine person or your inner masculine.

Furthermore
Having read your dream post Weird Movie-Like Dream we may getting closer to that feminine aspect that is humiliating you, innerwise. The incident of the humiliation by the person at school may be just a coincidence and a stimulus for these dreams {although I doubt that would have made any difference}.

Something else that you may need to consider is the fact that the humiliation in your real waking life as described in this dream may be a consequence of your own doing. If there is a disconnet with the feminine other people may sense this and thus take it upon themselves to humiliate you for no good reason. This feminine disconnect can be sensed by some people and thus a negative reaction is given. Something to consider.

Let me know your thoughts. I see you have posted another dream Ghost In The Forest. I will loook at that dreeam and see what may be in it that gives us further clues to this feminine disconnect.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present