Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Archetypes, Fairy Tales & Mythology

When we look at personality types and how they are influenced by the archetypes, we can go to mythology and discover clues to their associations and also clues our own personalities. My personality/psyche is aligned with the trickster. This particular page from Crystalinks.com of the trickster is uncanningly so descriptive of my true psyche. I am not God, or Loki or Merlin, but I share so many traits of the trickster, psychologically. And this is my true self, that person I desire to be in my waking life.

Another archetype from fairtale that is often discriptive of many women is Cinderella. An example of the shadow archetype is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

By exploring the myths and fair tales, and understanding the underlying psychological conotations of those archetypes that fit the individual life, we can discover hidden clues to our personalities, motivations, fears and desires, and other important aspects that can help balance our lives. And all of these symbolic characters are available in our dreams as messengers of those aspects.

Note: Many of the links {denoted in red} are pages I have designed over the years.
Not only am I the Dream Master , I am also the webmaster

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Archetypes, Fairy Tales & Mythology

Gerard,

Stop it. (not really but ?? synchronicity)

Wednesday night I had a dream with a fairy tale mythical feeling & scene at the end.
Because the initial dream 'stage' was set as doctors, illness and cure I felt it to be a significant dream. Have been working on it since Thursday morning. Been racking my brain for two days trying to remember the fairy tale. Finally realized last night I need to get to the library to pick up Grimm's and Anderson's because both were favorite childhood books.

Thanks,
K.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Fairy tales as we know them today, have undergone many metamorphoses over time.

The fairy tales of the West originated, it is believed from The Thousand and One Nights and also from Russian folklore.

Writers such as Perrault, Grimm and Andersen distorted the tales, turning them into contemporansous tales of morality, often obscuring their original meaning.

An example of how a story can change over time is that of King Arthur, who over thecenturies has been a savage warrior or King of courtly love (Tennyson, etc al) amongst other 'incarnations' It is the Tennyson/Morte d'Arthur version which is so beloved of todays tales, but each generation makes Arthur theiir 'own', gives his life resonance and relevance to contemporary times.

Writers such as Marina Warner and Angela Carter (both 'feminist' writers) have explored fairy tales in much of their work. (The Company of Wolves, The Bloody Chamber etc)

I have a book, a compendium of various literary acaademics theories/writing with an excellent bibliography for further reading on the history and meaning of fairy tales, which I will have to excavate, as it is in storage and I cannot remember its title, save for thaat it has 'fairy tales' in the title!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

After the last post I viewed the Cinderella page and reviewed anima/animus info. I knew this fairy tale dream was related to a 9/29 tiger dream. (Very sorry! meant to reply to your tiger dream although only to relay I, too, had a recent tiger dream. In my case it described both an inner & external fear, with much conflict, of the 'beast' within. Still working this dream to get the key.)

With review of the Animus info I identified the dream theme. Although I still haven't identified the fairy tale...will continue working on that. The dream describes leadership and intellect are unindividuated animus issues indicating a need to develop the higher feminine to achieve progress. Oddly enough my new job involves teaching and a (very minor!) leadership role in both the community and peer group.

Perhaps this dream is trying to convey I'm working in the direction and to be mindful of the goal, within the community, the peer group and personally.

K.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

stats from 7-14-10 to the present