Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream about dad

My dad passed away in April of 2002 and I was very depressed cause I was always more close to my dad than my mom. I asked him for a sign (anything) just that I would know he would always be near. Two days after the funeral I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and I got this weird feeling like someone was nearby to my left side. All of a sudden, I smelled the aftershave that my dad used to put on. I was so very happy that this was a sign that he would always be near. Now, the other night I had this dream that my dad was standing at the top of the stairs in his house with his arms outstretched looking at me. He was not happy or smiling. He had a very serious look on his face. I called out "dad, dad" and started walking up the stairs. As I walked up each step, he kept on looking at me not saying a word - then all of a sudden he vanished. I was really shaken up by this dream because of the fact that I never dream at all. What could all of this mean? I am so very curious????

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: dream about dad

Connie,
Belief in contact in the afterlife is a personal thing. But there is no way to prove, or disprove it. But what we do know is that memories remain and the affection and love do also. The event in the bathroom is not fully explainable. But if you believe your father is with you although he has made the transition from life to whatever lies beyond, then no one should question that.

As for your dream. The house in your dream is probably you, the cumulative parts or aspects. The top of the stairs may represent your thinking aspect. And the main topic of thought is your dad. It may also represent the masculine aspect reaching out to you, insisting that you be strong {a masculine aspect - strenght}. Perhaps this is a quality that has been lacking in some areas of your life and the 'strong' father is there to help illuminate the need for thgis strenght within you. This is serious stuff {the stern look on his face}. You want to head up the stairs, be that strong person your dad asks you be to.

Also your dad in your dream may represent those qualities he possessed. Was he a strn type person who was not prone to show his emotions? This may be a quality you have inherited. Or it may just be a quality he possessed that left an impression and is used in the dream for symbolic purposes as I stated above. His vanishing may represent his vanishing from the mortal plane. But within your head and his presence and guidance still remains.

Dreams are symbolic of the dreamer's life and condition of that life. Whatever affects that life and causes an imbalance, the dream will showcase that imbalance and try to help sort it out. {the addge- you always feel better after a good night's sleep has meaning}.
Your imbalance may be due to the passing of your father and the remaining pain that you still possess. It may also have to do with your own masculine qualities as I prescribed {see Anima/Animus in left column to better understand these masculine/feminine qualities}.

As for your dad visiting you. He has really never left, at least not in your heart.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you so much Gerard for your answer about the message I sent. Yes, my dad might have been a strict dad but had so much love in him for me. He had a ton of patience. One time my son got into my jewelry box and tangled up all my chains and my dad sat at my kitchen table for at least two hours getting everything untangled. I had an autograph book when I graduated elementary school and he signed it as follows: To My Darling Daughter, God bless you with courage for every task, the faith that you need, the help that you ask, the joy of fulfillment and work well done, in a rich life and successful one. Your loving Dad. I have only one brother, no sisters. My brother is an attorney and made sure to grab everything now that my parents are gone. He has the house and all the money. I got nothing; absolutely nothing. I do have one thing though - it's my father's love. I believe my brother will see someday how wrong he was for being so greedy. All my friends can't believe what a rat he is. My parents had a will made out years ago and my brother made sure that he got everything. I wonder if this dream has anything to do with this; but I really doubt it. Thanks again Gerard for your reply!!!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

I have to say that I do believe in this. My mom and I talk about her dad a lot. I didn't get a chance to meet him because he died on Christmas Eve 1990 and I was born in '91. Anyway, after his death my mom wasn't handling it well. So one night she had a dream. In this dream her and her dad were sitting at a table talking. They both knew he was dead and they had a conversation. In the end he stood up and hugged her. When she woke, she felt SO much better.

Eerie, as I wrote this I got a chill!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14, Tenessee

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Connie,
I don't see anything in your dream about the 'brother rat'. Of course your dad's unhappiness in the dream could be addressing that. And of course your dad would probably be unhappy about such events as the division of his will. This may be playing on your mind {the dream is about you and your emotions} and is depicted as an unhappy father looking down on the whole situation. But that is only conjecture on my part and not something that is spelled out in the dream.

Gerard

Yes Gerard! My dad would be very unhappy the way things turned out between my brother and I. In a way I am not surprised at all the way my brother took it all because of the fact that he has always been selfish as far back as I can remember. What I am happy about though is two days after the funeral I smelled his aftershave in the room. I always talked about life with him and how none of us "live forever" and he used to make me laugh cause he said, "don't worry I will come back to haunt you. Thanks dad! you can haunt me anytime you wish. I think that his serious look on his face was the fact that he is not happy the way my brother is treating me. I call him but he never answers the phone. I leave messages and he never returns them. My friends tell me not even to bother with him cause he is a rat b*****d. I hope someday his conscious gets to him.

Connie,
The thing about life, and I firmly believe this to be true from my 55 years of life and experiences, is that 'what goes around, comes around'. We all must face those bad choices and actions we make. Nature has a way of equalizing things. And we don't have to wait for a 'judgement day', it happens in this life. I think your dad would be very upset about how your brother acts but would want you to take the high road. Do good and good will always comes to you.

Gerard

Thank you Gerard. Yes I believe also what you are saying about "do good and good will come to you" I always believed that "you should do unto others as you would like done to you" There is a time for everything under the heavens as the song by the Byrds goes. To everything turn, turn, turn, there is a season, turn,turn,turn; a time to be born and a time to die. Too bad some family members are miserable creatures like my brother. Every dog gets his day!!!!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present