Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
snakes

Last night I had a disturbing dream. The only part I remember is seeing a two-headed snake on a platform. The snake moved towards me and the two heads were taking turns hitting me on the back of my neck. They were hitting the back of my neck because I was kneeling down, sheilding myself from them. I was also begging for them to stop and get away from me. What does this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 midwest

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: snakes

Kristy,
A two headed snake may symbolize two choices in life that are being presented to you. The neck and the platform symbols may be the inability to voice which is the one you should choose. A snake bite may suggest self-sabotage, or in other words, the choicse you have to make are available but you can not make up your mind.

A snake also symbolizes rejuvination, new birth. Perhaps these choices have to do with something that will bring new opportunities to your life. Look and detremine what choices you have been confronted with as of late. Have you been indecisive abouth them? Perhaps it is time to make a choice.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Kristy,

In this dream, I believe that the two-headed snake symbolizes kundalini. Although not too well known in the West, more and more people are learning about kundalini and are having kundalini related experiences. Kundalini is sometimes called Serpent Power and can be envisioned as a source of energy that is coiled like a snake at the base of the spine. When awakened, this energy will (ideally) travel up the central channel of the spine. This central channel is called the Sushumna nadi. Although there are thousands of these channels or nadis throughout the body, the three at the spine are usually considered the major ones. In addition to the Sushumna nadi, there are the Ida and the Pingala nadis on the left and the right side of the Sushumna nadi, respectively.

As the kundalini energy travels up the spine, it rises up through the seven primary chakras along the spine. A chakra is an energy center. It is sometimes described as a vortex of light or a wheel of light.

Now that you are thoroughly confused, what does all of this have to do with your dream? When the two-headed snake bites at the back of your neck, it is symbolically trying to clear blockage or activate the 5th chakra, which is at the throat. It is interesting that the snake is biting the back of your neck. Most of the chakras (2nd through the 6th) have both front and rear openings. I’ve read somewhere that more power or energy is available at the rear openings of these chakras.

As you might have figured, the throat chakra is associated with such activities as talking and singing, and with illnesses such as a sore throat. The throat chakra is also associated with the color blue.

As the blockages are cleared, you may begin to feel a “fullness” or a “hot spot” in the neck region – especially at the back of the neck.

Bob

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Virginia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

To add to the subject of the Kundalini. Joseph Campbell gives a wonderful yet understandable interpretation of the Kundalini in his book Transformations of Myth Through Time. This is a book, a collection of 13 lectures, that is not as well known as many of Campbell's other works. It provides us with insights to the origins of myths and how we can reconcile the mysteries of life.
I recommend it to all who are interested in learning more about the origins of the psyche.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Thanks Gerard,
My understanding is that Carl Jung had a long time interest in kundalini and such; but, until now, I was not aware that Joseph Campbell had written anything on the subject.

Bob

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Virginia

I guess I'm the only one who finds this dream sexual in nature..primal and duplicitous.
I would be interested in what the feeling tone was upon awakening from this dream. Could you share that, please?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Atlanta Georgia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

stats from 7-14-10 to the present