Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bear dream interpretation

I had a vivid dream last night and trying to place it. Not sure if it is a warning or advice.

I was out in the country and saw a bear (black) chasing a person in the distance. It was several hundred yards a way. The bear then decided to come in my direction but was a distance away. Two women where driving a odd vehicle and passed me by. I waved to them for help and they stopped. The next scene myself and the two women are up a mountain side on a ledge. The bear (brown)is trying to get to us, and is quite close, but can't and we are safe.

Currently I am quite stress with job hunting, finances, etc. Any pearls of wisdom would be great

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Bear dream interpretation

Bob,
The first impression I get from reading your dream is that it involves some feminine aspect within your life. Bears often symbolize the feminine and with the two women driving the odd vehicle I gather this is the best possibility. See Anima/Animus to better understand these feminine aspects.

The bear being at a distance may indicate it has yet to reach you, or you haven't quite grasped its purpose or relationship. The person it is chasing at first is you and when it turns to 'you' it may mean you are finally realizing its intentions or you are finanly beginning to acknowledge it {dreaming about it is itself an acknowledgment}. The two women are probably inner aspects that have passed you by and the odd vehicle may suggest that this feminine qualities are odd to you, not something you would normally associate with. Waving to them seekiing their help suggests these feminine aspects could be of help in some situation in your life.
A posibility: There may even be some instance in your waking life where females could be of help but since you are independent {perhaps you think of accepting the help from a woman as not masculine}.

The second part of the dream paints a better picture that fits you actual awaking condition; trying to overcome {mountain} stress in your life, being on a ledge. The two women would represent other parts of your psyche, with you and the two making 3. The bear, being an aggressive {an a seemingly masculine trait} yet still feminine forth part would make it a whole {in Jungian thinking 4 represents balance and wholeness}. The bear may symbolize a more aggressive feminine side but because it is feminine it does not use the approach that the masculine would.

Perhaps the message is that you need to approach your difficulties with vigor and dsicipline but not to worry so much about it. Women tend to worry less. An agressive woman trait would be one of calm fortitude but not letting the stress get to you.

Does this fit? Are you the type that would rather force yourself to worry over a situtaion instead of doing all that you can and not worry about the rest? Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can determine more of what these feminine aspects are about.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you for the reply. It makes sense. Several parts stand out; namely doing the best I can and then letting it go. Given the daunting financial hurdles it is overwhelming. In addition to poverty, I am defending a dissertation in a week. The poverty is more anxiety provoking. I do have female family members that could help, however, borrowing money from them is also anxiety provoking (male ego). I was relieved in the dream when the bear couldn't get me because of being on a different ledge.

I checked out bears in the dictionary and it made reference to "mothers." Ironically, I don't have contact with my mother out of my choice. Long history and she was a rather violent person in my youth. However I frequently wake up from sleep in the morning calling her some derogatory a name, e.g. "You're a #@*%^." This doesn't happen when my girlfriend is over. Many different levels to this it appears.

Bob,
Very good. Your mother could very well fit into the equation with the bear. Dream interpretation can better address the universal aspects but the personal is known only to the dreamer. I applaud your making an effort to look at the dream dictionary for posible relationships to your dream. You discovered by yourself an aspect that only you could know.

As for the feminine. I have put together a new page on Anima/Animus as of yesterday that may help you with this most important aspect of the psyche. As for the feminine in your waking life, perhaps it is time to get past anxieties of asking for help. That is a masculine quality that often keeps men from finding balance in life. Just like a man who does not cry. As long as you keep these things bottled up the more likley they are to become worse.

Thanks for the follow-up. And I hope you can work your way through this difficult time in your life. There are better days ahead.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

I WAS WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHAT MY DREAM MEANS ABOUT A BEAR. WHEN I WAS GROWING UP WE LIVED IN AN OLD HOUSE MY DAD BUILT AND AS I GOT OLDER WE HAD IT KNOCKED DOWN AND REPLACED WITH A MOBILE HOME ANYWAY ABOUT A YEAR AGO I HAD A DREAM THAT I WAS AT THE OLD HOUSE AND FOR SOME REASON I LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW OF THE KITCHEN AND THERE WAS A BEAR LYING UNDER THE CARPORT AND WENT TO GO GET A GUN TO SHOOT AT IT AND IT TOOK OFF BUT WHEN I WOKE MY SELF UP IT WAS LIKE IT REALLY HAPPENED IT HAS BOTHERED ME FOR A YEAR KNOW AND THE OTHER NIGHT I HAD WOKE BECAUSE THERE WAS A BEAR FACE IN MY DREAM COULD YOU PLEASE HELP?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 ok

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Kate,
Look at the Dream Dictionaries
and try to determine what symbolic meaning the bear may have. It could be something that relates to those years when you were growing up since the dream takes place in that period of time. If it is still bothering you it may indiacte some past experience that has not been resolved.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

stats from 7-14-10 to the present