Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Twins

Hi

I dreamt last night that I was giving birth to twins. My mother (deceased 7 years) was holding my hand and there was no sign of a partner. I gave birth to a beautiful boy and girl and I named them beautiful names (which I think I'll hang onto, if I ever have kids,
Can you tell me what this dream could have meant?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 and Ireland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Twins

Hi Princess,
Giving birth often symbolizes possible new developments that could/are take place in your life.
Your mother may represent a higher aspect of yourself, particualrly the wisdom needed in making choices. Since there is no partner {are you single} you may have anxieties of having to go it alone in these decisions. It may also indicate the feminine aspects of the decisions, more of an emotional thing more so than one that is just practical.

Since there are twins your dream may be addressing two possibilities concerning this 'new birth'. The birth of a beautiful boy and girl suggests that this new birth will bring balance, harmony into your life. The names you gave them {which may have some significance} may mean by making the right choice it will be a perfect fit. But since you had a boy and girl either may fit.

Are you currently facing choices in your life that involve two possibilities two possibilities?

There is the possibility of deep desire to have children and the dream is addressing those desires. Part of having children is having a partner. That too may enter into the equation {the two possibilities/desires is to have a partner and children}.

For some reason I sense this dream is addressing two different subjects/aspects in your life. Although this is very common in dreams I get a strong impression your dream is doing just that.

Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can gain more insights to the possible dream message.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,

Thank you for your reply. I am, indeed single and do worry that I will not have the joys of having children and a loving partner. I am also living away from home and though I love it, I feel now that maybe it is time to move on. Had I met someone and was in a loving relationship, this thought wouldn't even enter my head. Its just I feel, at 36 that I have nothing to show for my life, where all my friends around me are having children and are in loving relationships.

Thank you

Anne-Marie

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Princess.
There it is. Your dream is most likely addressing those fears and anxieties of love and children. The twins, male and female, may be the desired male you wish for at age 36 and the feminine aspect of motherhood. Your mother is that person who indeed was that desired mother you wish to be.

The desire to move on may be the second aspect to your dream. Giving birth is giving new life. Since the dream is about you then perhaps the messaqge is also centered on the thoughts of what new things you need to do to give meaning to your life. You are in the early stages of mid-life {something many people at this stage of life do not wish to think about-midlife} and these thoughts of new directions in life are quite common. The question is in what direction do you proceed.

Besides being a place for dreams Myths-Dreams-Symbols is also about the journey of life. And helping to lead us on that journey is Joseph Campbell. Campbell's taught his students {and for those such as myself, still teaching} to 'follow your bliss', that thing in life you truly wish to do, that thing that does give meaning to life. For me it was dreams, the psyche and designing Myths-Dreams-Symbols. It is not about money but about what the soul desires. That is the thing that will fill your life with true meaning.
Campbell told us that we have two chances in life to engage our bliss. One is in our teens and early twenties where we put our energies on career and our future. All too often we think of the money and not our bliss. The second opportunity is at mid-life. And again most do not take the oportunity to engage what the soul desires and remained focused on ego matters. So much baggage to sort through. I realized my second chance at the age of 42. And fortunately I engaged my bliss. If I had not this conversation would not be taking place. I would still be wondering about like Moses did in the Exodus. Just can't find that right place to settle.

Do you have any desires toward art, music, poetry, or anything that your soul identifies with? Perhaps the dream is telling you that the balance you seek {the twins, balance of masculine and feminine} is not only your desire for the other and motherhood but also your bliss. And the amazing thing about following your bliss, taking that journey in life that the soul longs for, is when you engage that bliss you will find bliss. Everything will fall into place. Everything.

"if you follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. You begin to meet people who are in the field of your bliss, and they open the doors to you".....Joseph Campbell

Food for thought.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Love

Princess

stats from 7-14-10 to the present