Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
handicapped lady

Dear Gerard,

I hope you are very well.

In my dream a friend I knew a few years back was visiting me. (her name is Anne and ‘anne’ means mother in my language). She is an aristocrat so I was proud that she was coming to stay at my house. As I was showing her around my house (which had a cold, gray and old feeling) she was calm, polite and friendly but I could tell she was not herself because she was hiding something. Then I asked her about her husband and she told me that she had a divorce and I understood this was the secret. Then I told her that I thought this was actually good for her because I knew they werent compatible, that they got married because it was appropriate for their families and that I knew she fancied other men while she was engaged and any of these guys would have made her happier.

Then I ask her about her child as I had heard that she had a baby. When she understands that I know that she has a child she stops hiding this as well and says “actually I came here my child but she has problems”. Then I see the child – a handicapped girl in her twenties who is in a wheelchair. I look at the child and realize she looks a lot like me, only she is younger than me and has short brown hair (I have long blond hair). I look at this woman/child in the eyes and ask her how she is (and think that she looks like a really nice and warm person), and child/woman smiles and says “I am fine thank you” but then gets emotional and starts crying and turns away and then my friend says ‘she is really touched you asked her how she is because nobody ever does’

And then I woke up feeling sad.. Thank you very much for your interpretation of this dream..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 Turkey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: handicapped lady

Fish,
I am going to read the dream in a way that I see it, using you as the focus of the dream. Then I will let you fill in the rest. I can see the perimeters but the indepth issues can only be understood by you.

An old positive aspect that has to do wisdom. You were/are feeling low, perhaps depressed. There was/is something that you were/are hiding within. You had/have unconsciously separated yourself from a masculine aspect. This masculine aspect wasn't a fit with who you were/are.

Out of this came a new aspect. But there were/are problems with this aspect also, something that perhaps you did/do not want to admit to. This aspect crippled some part of your feminine self. This was a past experience when you were younger. You are getting to know this aspect again. You pretend everything is fine but inside you are injured. Getting to know this part of you again will be helpful, perhaps healing.

Let me know your thoughts to the interpretation. I have not gone back to review your other dream because I didn't want to let it influence my intuitive Self when looking at the new dream.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hello Gerard

Thank you for the interpretation which I think is spot on again, I know this dream has to do with my feminine self, body image and my fear of forming new intimate relationships etc. because this is what I am finally working on after years of escaping to the mind, (getting too intellectual, too career orientated etc). But I am still confused about the dream and also from bits of your interpretation. Which part/aspect do you suggest I ‘get to know again’, the feminine or the masculine? And can you please explain what you mean by your first sentence about wisdom? And do you think is it OK to assume that the ‘me’ in the dream is really ‘me’- the me who does the day to day living, and the two other women (the crippled lady who looks a lot like me- and the friend, Anne, who probably represents ‘conformity’ to me) are also aspects of me and I should pay attention to how they manifest themselves in the dream? I am still confused about how my ‘Anne aspect’ and the ‘crippled girl aspect’ relate to each other and feel that this is somehow really important..

(I am happy you didnt go back to the old dream as well, as I feel my reality is changing fast so thank you)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Fish,
The first thing that needs to be realized are those things that may be hidden, repressed or just ignored about yourself. What emotional issues have been in your life recently? THis would be part of the feminine aspect that is seeking to be acknowledged. Something that has not let you 'be yourself' {as stated in your dream}. Also look at new/recent events/experiences that are causing you problems. These two things, the hidden aspects and the new/recent events, are probably related.

Dreams are compensating your waking life, providing information about your life that you may some conflict over {as well as positive aspects}. Your dream seems to be addressing some emotional issues {gets emotional and starts crying}. Also the waking feelings you had with the dream {And then I woke up feeling sad} punctuates these emotions. So compare the dream to your waking life and determine where it fits. The significant phase of life that you are in {as you stated in your dream post 'storm and flood'} may have something to do with these emotions.

Let me know your thoughts and if you will more about 'the significant phase of life' you are in and perhaps we can match these dreams to your life.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present