Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fake Snake

Hello – I’ve been having the same daydream/dream for the past week and thought I’d ask for some input.

I am in some kind of contest or obstacle course where my team is competing against other teams that takes place in an outside setting…..a forest perhaps. It’s the end of the race. I am in the lead and am riding a horse across an open field/clearing towards the finish line carrying a flag. Suddenly the horse stops…it sees a snake… and it throws me off its back. Somehow, I do some kind of flip and land on my hands and feet. I slowly stand up, surprised that I’m not hurt. I feel very empowered. I look on the ground at the snake, and I realize that it’s not real. I get the impression that someone from another team put the rubber snake there to sabotage me. I pick up the snake and the flag and run across the finish line. I still won the race, but I don’t care b/c I’m too angry about the snake. I approach the guy who I think placed the snake there. I throw it at him and make a scene in front of everyone else. I say a lot of mean, ugly things to him. He plays dumb and has a smirk on his face, which makes me even angrier. (Ending #1)

Then the dream basically starts over. Except this time, the guy (same guy from dream #1) is my friend and he accuses me of putting the snake in the field. He is very angry. I am so angry at him for speaking to me in the way that he is, but I understand why he is saying it. I calmly and sternly defend myself and tell him that I don’t like how he accused me of something in front of an audience. (Ending #2)

The end. Any thoughts? I’m confused about what the snake represents and why it is fake.

thanks a bunch!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Fake Snake

drshell,
In your dream it starts off with what life is often about, some kind of contest or obstacle course. Your setting, the contest in which you are engaged may have to do with personal growth {greener pastures}.
Since we know you have discovered the inner life and are striving to reach your highest potental perhaps the end of the race signifies you are coming to terms with some aspect of the obstacle course that will provide clarity to your inner search.

The horse could have many representations. Perhaps here it represents strenght, energy, a postive force. The snake may symbolize something that is deemed as evil but in reality it is imagined and not real. Often in life we see things in this way, imagine them to be obstacles but in fact are easily overcome when we realize they are imaginary {perceptions are often fake in the world of social duty/obligations}. The flag may be your identity. Perhaps the snake is some aspect in your life that has to do with your identity, both that you have had to carry with you to finish the race.

The dialog about the guy with the smirk on his face makes me believe this has to do with the inner life as much as it does your waking life experiences. Of course there may have been an experience of such an encounter with a masculine figure. Here the guy would represent those masculine aspects that may keep you from those greener pastures, having to do with anger in your waking life and the actions that provoke mean and ugly things out of you. If there is a real person, male, in your life it would be directed at him also.

I will take another look at this dream later to see if I can come up with anything new. This morning I feel a head cold coming on and my intuitive self is becoming less sensative. I've had a long week already with sevral more weeks of teh same in front of me and becoming ill is not what I need. Some more rest may be the remedy to my intuitive needs.
If you will provide your comments to what I have already stated perhaps that will help clear my head.
Thanks,

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Fake Snake

Thanks Gerard. You mentioned a few things that I hadn't considered.

I actually have some version of this dream regularly... where am I coming out of a forest and running through an open field towards the finish line. Sometimes the horse is there, and sometimes it's not. I suppose this means I am always looking for something. The snake was new to me.

I have to admit that I do have a tendency to make huge situations out of "what ifs" and ambuguities. I wonder if maybe I created a "snake" for myself, and then was angry at myself for doing so.

Another thought...Most recently, I have been angry at one of my male friends b/c I think he has been lying to me about something very important. I haven't confronted him about this, b/c I don't think he will react very well. I understand that generally when people lie, they are angry when someone else figures it out. Perhaps the dream is also my way of confronting him about it.

Anyway, let me know if you have any more thoughts. I hope you get to feeling better.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

stats from 7-14-10 to the present