Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question to all about details of posted dreams

I have been given serious thought about requiring a questionaire for everyone to fill in when posting a dream. Age and gender and some other details would be a requiremment and I would have space where more details about how the dreamer can be expanded beyond the dream. I know this would be an inconvenience but the object is to provide good, sound interpretations of the posted dreams. It would turn some people off but I really want this forum to be a place where real help is offered instead of just giving interpretations willy nilly using incomplete information. I would do my best to explain the importance to those who wish to make a post when they visit the forum.

I am not just concerned about those posts that do not provide age and and/or gender. It is the small things that may have a bearing on providing a best direction for the dreamer to really understand the dream. I want to set up the forum in the best way so to do the best good. Some dreams are not so difficult but most would be better served if a bit more imfromation were provided. How one feels when they awake from a dream, the mood of the dream, some things the dreamer may not think to provide when posting.

And also I believe it would help very much when younger people make a post. Those dreams can be very difficult since that age tends to focus more on persona and ego than dreams of older persons.

I've yet to figure just how to go about this process if I do decide to do so but have thought about it from time to time. I would like the input of all of the regulars, your thoughts, the positive and negative possibilities. There is a lot of value expertise among you and I value your input.

And let me say once again how great a job all are doing in helping with dream requests. Please feel free to continue your interpretations and advice. I have a few more weeks of demanding job requirements and help would be greatly appreciated.

And I must admit I am gaining new experiences about the dream by your posts. To be honest, and if you are really interested in learning to interpret dreams, actual experience is the best way. We all can be wrong at times but the more you apply yourself to actually interpreting dreams the more you begin to understand them. I spent a lot of time at other different sites interpreting dreams a few years back. And I've had the forum up at other times prior to re-establishing it early this year. I learned from practice. And when you knowingly use Jung's approach to dreams yo put yourself in a frame of mind that invites a Jungian 'look' at dreams. Sorta like yoga. It takes awhile to train yourself but once you do, WOW! You enter a whole new world of possibilities.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Question to all about details of posted dreams

Gerard,
More details about personal meanings would be helpful although I'm not a good source for what specific information. I do find it easier to interpret my own dreams if I jot down a description of each character, a description of how I view their personality.

Ref Jung's Man & His Symbols "Each word means something slightly different to each person, even among those who share the same cultural background. ...a general notion is received into an individual context and is therefore understood and applied in a slightly individual way."

I'm not proficient in working with dreams of young people. Still watching and learning. One or two I've been comfortable with, as I feel there's something 'special'? about them...not sure how to describe it.

Sorry I can't respond with more depth, death imminent. Hardware failure approaching. Lot's of humming and odd noises (the computer, not me...when it dies then it'll be odd noises from me in the form of wailing and gnashing of teeth). May be absent for a bit.

Thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kathy,
Thanks for your thoughts. I think if the dreamer will post certain information it would help narrow the possibilities of the dream symbols and metaphors. I may design a page that is accessible by the dreamer and not make it manitory. The whole point is to help give the best interpretation of the dream.

I hope you get your computer problems worked out. Computers have become such a big part of life it is hard to do without. My mother is faced with the new medicare prescription boondoggle and if it weren't for my computer it would be near impossible to figure it all out. But with it I have been able to provide her with the best alternatives. Won't be long before the computer will be more important than our televisions. Our should I say the computer will become out televisions, telephones all wrapped in one machine.

Gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Gerard,
Sounds like a good plan.

Just did the same Medicare drill for mom on Sunday. Shame on our 'leaders' for making this so complicated for seniors. This is a population, who for various reasons, have difficulty with many every day activities. Let alone a whole new layer of bureaucratic bs. It took me a while to get through the information. Luckily, I ended up on the AARP site which was a magnificent source of information. Made it easy to read and understand.

Computer is now relatively quiet. Still need to get inside & take a look. Hopefully it's just a new power unit or fan.

Thanks,
K.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kathy,
Ditto. I also ended up at the AARP site and will recommend to my mom to go with their plan. It doesn't surprise me that the plan is so disorganised. When you have a duffus as president you get these insane plans. Or no plans at all {Iraq}.

Gerard

Hey folk, just an FYI on the health care issue.I took my Mom's issue to her Dr. who is helping her pick a plan that meets her needs. The Dr.'s are also discusted with the whole deal and seemed very helpful.

Although I am not a regual here, I have found that information in working with people is very important if they want to give it. I assume nothing until I get a fairly whole picture. Part of this is building a trusting energy. This forum seems to have that. I also agree that it could be voluntary. Sometimes people don't know what to share and and certian questions can help. I think age issues are essential given the passages we go through.
I think the internet can be intimidating and communication through writing can be misleading.
Perhaps you could try different forms of this idea and see which one works the best.
As far as Jung goes, I agree that in practicing, it opens new doors to our vast and varies abilites to use our dream work in changeing our worlds. I also believe people have developed thier own significant symbols and this could be taken into consideration.
For example, I dream a lot about the cross. I am not a religious person. Because of these dreams, people can assume that I am.
just some ideas
Leslie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52 Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Thanks Leslie for your thoughts. You make a good case for having as much info as possible when dealing with people. And also about how the internet can be intimidating. I am leaning toward designing a page that is volunitary with suggestions that will help in interpreting posted dreams. I want everyone who visits the forum to feel at home but I also want it to be a place where dreams are addressed in a proper manner and that requires the assistance of each dreamer when they make a post. Those memebers, regulars or otherwise, who wish to contribute to helping people understand their dreams will undoubtly be much better prepared to do so if the dreamer will expand on the dream beyond the dream itself. I would like to take as much 'guessing' out of the process as possible.

A quick example would be a recent post about zits. If I had known before hand that the dreamer indeed did not have problems with skin care then it would have led me to suggest the zips symbolized something or someone else. Follow-ups often help clarify such things but it would be easier if more were known before hand. A prepared page offering suggestions about what to add about a dream may have helped the dreamer understand this fact when they made the post.

Thanks again for your thoughts. It is this type of input that helps me better understand how to best serve those who visit the Dream Forum.

Gerard

Dream posters should not be concerned about giving personal details - after all - we are meant to be giving intimate details of our dreams and to my mind - CONTEXT is all.

Name, Age, Ethnicity/Religious/Philosophical interests/origins/parentage/siblings/dreamers views of their own childhood at that time and now, relationship/friendship history, children, hobbies/interests, career/academic background, known fears/prejudices, state of health, current state of mind.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Hey Gerard,
I think that could be a really useful way for people to self-interpret their own dreams aswell, having thought provoking questions and showing more pieces of the puzzle. Great idea!
Katharine

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19 & Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

I know all about the new medicare plan lol cause I have it. I am on social security disability. Fell back in 2000 working at a restaurant I was working at holding a large box of food. I have spinal stenosis and 3 herniated disks. Right now medicaid covers my prescriptions but starting January 6 you have to have a plan that will cover the medicines you are taking now. Alot of people are confused over this, and I don't blame them. Whenever there is something that is not understood about the plan, just call the medicare people up and keep on calling until you get the answer you are looking for. I hope your mom's pick out the plan that suits their medical needs. Regards to all

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

i could use some help please

i am a natural dreamer and usually they let me know when something in the future, usually close to the time that i have them. but lately i have been dreaming about spirits, passed on relativee ect.

up until recent i never thought it was a big deal having dreams of the pass people until i had the one revealing a womans name on a tomb stone and the years. the dream started out with my fiancee and myself in an old apartment that was the first floor of the disceased family but there was only one door and as i enter the main door the front door of my apartment stood infront of me and to the right and left were stairs the enter the grand house and that part was up for auction. one day i decided that i wanted to take a look at the house because i really wanted it. so first room i entered was the dinning room that started on the right then moved into the double staired foyer which lead to 10 or 12 bedrooms. the carpet was what seemed to be red but over time it had gotten a darker moroon. it was obvious the house was old and needed to be cleaned. as i was walking through the house i knew there a lot of happy times and good relationships between the family. i was almost as if i had seen there faces before. i acted like i was walking down the right side of the stairs for my view in a formal dress and at that split moment everything in the house was like new. anyway as i was going down the hall making my way through the house there was another doubled stair case and foyer, but it was darker colors with brown and bronze with a lot of dust. out in the back of the property was a horse race track. and within the grass barriers was the headstones of laura r. cama and neil l. cama 1800's i had the urgency to have that house because 2 young teenagers were putting their money on it for the 2 time. i felt like i needed to protect it almost like it was apart of me. as i was walking along the race track i asked about the family and all i remember is that they had at least 8 to 10 children which none had wanted the house after their parents died

spirits i can handle but i dont know about names. what is this dream trying to tell me. please i need clarification in what this dream is telling me. in one instance i think it has something to do with my dreams of the past.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21 tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present