Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream

I had this dream where I had ashes, and the taste thereof, in my mouth. I couldn't spit them out and had to wipe them out with my finger. I normally wouldn't care about this so much but this is the second time in a week where I have had some kind of filth in my mouth and I couldn't get it out. Do other people have this kind of dream, and could it be more than just something psycological, (I.E. something in my diet)?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Korea

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: dream

Hi John,

As the others here remind us, the interpretation must fit with the dreamer. This could be way off the mark or close enough to possibly serve as a catalyst in your own examination.

Were you recently a witness or party to something that you found unacceptable, difficult to accept or disapproved? Or spoken words that were harmful or negative? A situation where a particular group (them) was reduced or 'burned' by negative emotion & action? I wonder about group because you wrote them which is plural rather than it which is singular & nonspecific. The dream may be showing you your inner feelings about this asking you to make a complete change by removing the source.

Think about the few days before the dreams and see if anything strikes a cord. Also, curious about the other dream. What was the substance, the filth? Could have bearing on the interpretation.

Appreciate your thoughts. If you can respond maybe we can get closer to the actual meaning.

Thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

When I said them, I meant them as in the ashes. I wouldn't say it because I had to run my finger through my cheeks several times to get "them" out. In so far as thing in a group, it tend to not be so much a part of the group setting. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of it being a prevalant thing, or if it was just me. As far the the "filth" was concerned...I don't think you want to know what kind of filth it was. Quite nasty, and no I'm not into that kind of thing either. I was hoping that maybe somebody could tell me that something I had changed in my diet or exercise could make me have dreams like that.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Korea

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Re: dream

hi,
i have never had a problem with the idea of dreams containing health/physiological issues,how many of us have needed to go to the bathroom in a dream only to find on waking up that we really do need to go.
your diet could be the cause of the taste in your mouth .
when i read your post,i wondered if you smoked,or had maybe kissed someone who did,and found this distastful,as the saying goes ,sometimes its like kissing an old ashtray,
i would think though that kathy's thoughts would be nearer the mark,but only you can decide where to start looking.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Could this dream of ashes and filth signify maybe something you have done that you feel guilty about and you want them out of your mouth pronto?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Hi John,
Thank you for your response. The unconscious uses dreams to communicate many things our conscious mind does not recognize or comprehend. The dream does seem to describe an unconscious view that something? is dirty or repulsive and normal action to expel (spit) this undesirable is not working so you must use an external process (finger) to accomplish the removal.

Have you made a radical change in your diet? Or possibly recognize a need to make such a change?

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

John,

As for this dream being a result of something in your diet, that's not a norm. If there is an emotional issue tied to it that has caused stress, then that could be a real possibility as a stimulus for the dream.

Give consideration to the different responses made to your dream. You provided a response to the posts, therefore you are thinking more about the possibilities. That alone is a catalyst to evidentually understanding your dream, if you pursue it.

if anyone tells you they can give an exact interpretation to a dream, watch your wallet

Part of interpreting dreams is to stimulate the dreamer to focus attention to the dream, which will hopefully seduce the dreamer to really think about the possibilities offered and give some real brainpower to thinking about the dream.

Dreams speak in the language of metaphorical symbols that are not permanently fixed. You don't read a dream by literally interpreting it. The actions may be literal {trying to get the taste of something out of your mouth} but the symbols are most often metaphors, reflecting the different aspects of who you are. Anyone with a fundamental understanding of dream psychology, especially Jungian psychology can provide some real clues to the universal associations. But the personal aspect is different, often known only to the dreamer. The more known about the dreamer the more an interpreter can help with the personal aspects.

a house is a universal symbol and is most often a symbol for the dreamer. But exactly what aspect of the dreamer it pertains to is personal, and thus only the dreamer can know for sure their meaning{s}. The house will be constant but the metaphor will vary depending on the individual.

Jungian psychology provides us with an understanding of the universal, and the archetypes. The personal aspect is much harder to discern.
Those members who post possible solutions to your dream do so with a real desire to do their best. This is a learning place, and hopefully a healing place in some small way, if there is that need.

If you will provide a response to Steve's, Connie's and Kathy's replies to your post perhaps they can better answer your questions and the message of the dream. And of course the dream is about you, your life, and any insights to the dream will also be new insights about yourself.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present