Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ex boyfriend and wrestler

I had this weird dream the other night involving my ex-boyfriend whom I lived with for nine years in Massachusetts and the long ago wrestler Capt. Lou Albano. I was walking with Capt. Lou in front of my ex's mobile home and at the time my ex was outside watering the bushes and flowers and he sees me and comes over and does not say a word to me but punches out Capt. Lou. Now this is weird cause Capt. Lou should be the stronger one no? My ex was pretty big - 6'1" and 350 lbs. built like a brick sh** house lol! I really don't understand this dream?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 - long island, new york

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: ex boyfriend and wrestler

Connie,
Capt. Lou may be symbolic of something you are still wrestling with, perhaps to do with your ex-boyfriend.
Your ex watering bushes and flowers may represent what could have been, sa relationship if watered properly on his part would have grown. His punching the good Capt. may be your own masculine self. You are still wrestling with something that you perhaps should be over.
Does that make any sense to you?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks Gerard for the message but you see my ex was the violent big bully to me and I don't understand why he would knock out Capt. Lou being that Capt. Lou was the wrestler. Unless, I am wrestling with the fact that it's over and I don't want it to be; or I still have feelings for him. He was so good to me when I moved out to Massachusetts but then the dark side came out and it was an ugly side. If he could not fix something he would throw it at you. This may sound funny to people but very true - He was trying to put an entertainment center together and hit his own finger with the hammer, of course getting angry but then he turned around and started chasing me with the hammer but I was quick enough to escape out the door. He could not figure out working with a computer when he got it so he took his fist and busted the keyboard and pulled the mouse right out of the wall with half the cord hanging in the outlet. The immaturity, selfishness, and violence took a toll on me and I had to leave and did. One morning after he left for work I threw my most important stuff in my car and headed for New York where I am now. I heard from his sister that after I left he met someone and she stayed with him 3 months and left. He does not deserve to live like a human being cause he is not that. Thank you for listening! p.s. he went to battering counseling and paid $250.00 but it never helped him. He should live by himself the rest of his life. He does not deserve anyone!!!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Connie,
I believe that is the message of the dream, you are still wrestling over the past relationship with your ex. Perhaps his punching out Capt. Lou represented your ex's temper. Capt Lou may may also represent that masculine aspect within you. Perhaps the Capt. Lou within you {your masculine aspect} should be stronger than your past feelings for your ex, since he was so violent with his temper. It is not uncommon for one symbol {in this case Capt. Lou} to represent two or more aspects within your life. Here he would symbolize your wrestling with possible remaining feelings for your ex, your ex's temper {we know how real wrestlers act, they either have a temper or pretend to} and lastly the good Capt. would represent your own masculine aspects, those that may not be as strong as you thought the Capt. would be. It sometimes seems strange that dreams would represent so much with so little but it is the way of dreams.

One final comment. As for how dreams function, often they provide insights to what you should do about asituation in your life. The last sentnce in your dream narrative states, '{Capt. Lou should be the stronger one'. The dream may be telling you that your own masculine aspects needs to be stronger that whatever leftover feelings you are wrestling with with your ex.
Hope that helps clarify my thoughts.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you very much Gerard. You have answered my question. Have a wonderful holiday season!!!

stats from 7-14-10 to the present