Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SNAKES

I HAD A DREAM LAST NIGHT I HANDED MY 9MONTH OLD SON TO SOMEONE AND TOLD THEM DONT TAKE HIM OUTSIDE THERE ARE SNAKES OUT THERE THE PERSON TOOK HIM OUTSIDE AND THE PERSON ENDED UP BEING A SNAKE HIMSELF HE PUT HIM DOWN AND ABOUT 50 SNAKES SURRONDED HIM I RAN OUTSIDE AND PICKED HIM UP AND THE SNAKES JUST LOOKED AT ME WHEN I GOT BACK INTO THE HOUSE THERE WAS A BIG WHITE SNAKE WITH HUGE FANGS HISSING AT ME LIKE HE WAS GOING TO BITE ME BUT HE COULDNT BECAUSE OF THE WINDOW LATER WHILE SITTING THERE A SNAKE WAS BETWEEN MY LEGS IT IS BROWN BUT FRIENDLY

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} FEMALE

Re: SNAKES

Angela,
Snakes often symbolize many things and there are several possibilities in your dream. One is the fear of letting your son out in a world that is so full of danger. The snake would represent the dangerous people that may try to harm him. If this is the case the dream is merely reflecting your inner fears about the health and safety of your son. Have you in recent days had thoughts about letting others take care of your son and the fear for his safety?

Another possibility has to do with a fear of sexuality, even though this is less likely the message of the dream. Your 9 month old son may represent the physical pain of labor, giving birth. There may be some inner conflicts with this aspect of motherhood that you may not look forward to in the future. Since the snake that you let take your son {in your dream} is male then there may be some association with males and having sex and conceiving a baby. What makes me think of this possibility is your last sentence in the dream 'THERE A SNAKE WAS BETWEEN MY LEGS IT IS BROWN BUT FRIENDLY. This would indicate that sex itself is a pleasurable thing but the childbirthing is not.
Is there that reluctance to giving birth because of the pain involved?

Also look at the dream dictionary at Soul Future and see if there are posibilities that snakes may symbolize that fit into your waking life. That is the one criteria that let's you know if the symbolism is the correct one, it fits your waking life.

Let me know what you come up with. Does my suggests fit or any in the dream dictionary?

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

ALWAYS A FEAR OF ANY CHILD BEING KIDNAPPED, TAKEN AWAY, OR JUST PLAIN LEFT AT THE BABYSITTERS SO IM SURE THIS IS TRUE HE SLEPT IN MY ROOM IN HIS PACK AND PLAY FOR THE FIRST 5 MONTHS HOWS NOW SINCE GONE TO HIS OWN ROOM IN HIS OWN CRIB WHERE THERE IS A WINDOW YEA YOUR RIGHT THANKS SO MUCH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} FEMALE

Angela,
Your follow-up post seems to fit my first usggestion to your dream. You have a fear, perhaps too much so, of something happening to your son. Snakes could symbolize a fear of death, in this case your son's. It can also symbolize a devious, sneaky or dangerous person, a snake in the grass. These are the types of people you are afraid of on the 'outside'. The big white snake may be symbolic of this type person and he is outside the window {your son now has his own room with a window}. He can't bit your son because he is protected by the window. The window may also symbolize your awareness of the possibilities of such dangerous people.
The brown snake that is friendly is not so easy to understand. Snakes are often symbolic of sexuality. Here it could represent the birth of your son {between your lges}. This is a positive thought of having your son.

The basic message of the dream seems to be your fear of your son being in danger. This is common for a new mother, we all fear for our children. But there may too much of an obession with this fear. Whereas you need to be aware of your son's safety at all times, worrying too much about what you can't control is not good. Provide all the love and prtection that you possibly can and the rest will take care of itself. Unless there is someone in your waking life who is a real threat to your son then the possibilities of someone taking him are so very remote. And when you are a good parent who protects their child at all times, it is next to impossible.
Be happy you have this new bundle of joy. Don't worry so much. 99% of the time we worry for no reason. If you do all you can to protect him, what more can you do?

By the way. Congratulations on having a new baby boy.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

THANK YOU VERY MUCH HES MY SECOND MY FIRST IS 18 YRS OLD FRESHMAN AT PSU HES DOING GREAT ALSO THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP YOU PUT MY MIND AT EASE HAVE A NICE HOLIDAY

stats from 7-14-10 to the present