Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Adulterous father

So in my dream I am told that my father was having an affair with someone that worked at the school he used to. He is a principle of an elementary school... anyways in the dream I find this out and it is rather upsetting to me, but then I find out that he slept with a 15 year old girl. This infuriates me and I am absolutly devestated... I see my father and I yell at him and I start beating him. Hitting him repeatedly, but it doesn't hurt him at all. What is up with this?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: Adulterous father

James,
Unless there are actual waking experiences that have to do with your father that will explain this dream, I would believe the dream is addressing your own inner aspects, with your father representing a 'conscience' figure. These would involve moral opinions which are inherent within you and possibly related to your father's attitudes. In your dream the actions of your father symbolize possible qualities within you, or fears of the conscience involving moral decisions.

The unconscious dream is often a learning tool. You begin to realize and understand aspects about yourself that may not be consciously realized. The school in this dream, although pictured as your father's school, represents contents within your psyche that you are just now beginning to realize {elemntary being new to you}. The affair may represent a need on your part for attention, possibly from your father. Often when such attention is not given to you as a youth, a person will substitute such inattention with acts of seeking attention through addictions. Sex is one of those. Thus the affair in the dream, which id with a 15 year old is immoral. But the dream is not addressing your real father having an affair but inner aspects of your own self. The young girl may represent your feminine aspects. If there was not enough love and attention provided you by your father when you were a child {does the age 15 mean anything to you personally?} then perhaps this is part of the theme of the dream. Your inner feminine self {one that requires nurturing and acceptance} could very well be the stimulus for this symbol. This wounded aspect may seek atttention in your present life by using additive behavior as a substitute for that inattention from your earlier years.

In the dream you are angry at your father and start to beat him. Here the father is you and you areangry at yourself. This mat be from actions, consciously or unconsciously motivated, where you are angry because of your actions. Since it doesn't hurt him {you} then it may be it is unconsciously motivated. You are unconsciously displaying actions in your waking life to make up for what you lost from childhood in your relationship with your father.

If there are actual experiences where your father had some type of an affair then the dream message would be about that. I can not comment on that since it is personal and I do not have enough information about it. If he has had such affairs in the past then you too may be prone to follow suite, thus questiong your own moral grounds {perhaps unconsciously and not so much consciously}. You are acting out those inherent traits of experience {I can personally related to this from my own experiences with my father}.

Look at your waking life and see if there are such impluses and emotions. Was your father a loving, accepting type or was he distant and uncaring? Do you seek monogomus relationships or do you go from one relationship to another never completely being fulfilled from them? Do you feel anger within and are not sure what the anger is about? Ponder these questions and let me know your thoughts. Perhaps we can gain more insights to the dream from your response.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Adulterous father

Hi James and Gerard
I can relate to much of what you have written here Gerard - thanks
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

stats from 7-14-10 to the present