Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snakes

Hi my name is Robert this week I have dreamed about snakes. The first dream I was walking with my wife we were at a party then all of a sudden I was in somekind of garden when she saw this snake it was pretty big and it was coming at me try to bite me but somehow I was able to make the snake go for my hand when the snake went for my hand I smashed her head with some kind of wood with nails and nailed it to a tree. then it was all over I just couldn't believe what had just happened. Now last night I had another dream about snakes but this time I saw 2 and there were pretty big. I was with my family in the back yard somewhere at a party I believe. When all of a sudden I saw this 2 snakes coming from the side of the house and my oldest daughter happened to be very closed to them so I yelled at her to move out the way
so she started to run the she panicked statred crying and I told her to run she did and got away, by this time I saw my youngest daughter 2yrs old running with her back turned away from the snakes obviously not knowing at this time there was only one snake the other had dissapeared I got very anxious thinking the snake was going to attacked her so I ran after her the snake realized I was coming she quickly turned and lauched at me I caught her with my right hand by the head a little below lets say and the snake opened her mouth to try to bite me and one of her fangs punctured my hand a little bit but there was no poison that had come out, and I was just now holding the snake in a choking position just walking with her the snake was not moving I got so caught up showing the snake that I really do not know if I had killed her, the I just woke up told the dream to my wife and she said its only a dream don.t worry. Days before when I had the other dream she told me it was bad to dream about snakes but if I had killed it it was good, weird dream ha! please respon to this dream its bothering me very much. I do not know if this is bad enemies because I just got a managing position starting January I was wondering if there is any relation to this because I know some of the people that are going to work with me. Thanks for taking the time to read this Waiting for a response . Have a nice day

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Snakes

In your dreams could be an attitude you have, vigilance and readiness to attack?, you managed your nature, or your waking life. Then is another snake, that you don’t see, it’s disappeared in the underworld, it could represents your spirit, your unconscious.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 FL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Thank you Marie for responding .I did not think of it like that I thought of it as if someone is trying to hurt me, I just did not understand why in 2 separate dreams 2 snakes wanted to attack me. About the other snake that you said it might be my unconcious, why would it be with the other snake and then just dissapear? is it because I do not want to face what is coming? or is it like you said I am ready for what is coming in terms of my new job? Ready to get started and to attack the new tasks? thank you have agood night.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Robert
Some things strike me as I read yr dream ,,, and as you may know dreams speak on various levels and need to relate the dreamer ,, what is happening in their lives inside and out - and dreams can relate to both aspects of yourselves in the one dream image.
For example, snakes could refer to the kinds of people we encounter, and also that we are undergoing a rebirth - snakes shed their skin and become new.

- your wife and yourself walking in a garden ,,, the Garden of Eden and the biblical story ,,, maybe you can reflect on this story form the bible.
- you smashed it with wood and nailed it to a tree ,, also pretty biblical ,,,, Christ was 'reborn after being naile to a tree ,,,
- Althought you describe the snake as a 'she',, I am not sure if you continue to refer to the snake as she throughout ,,, ?

- snakes attacking yr daughters ,,, the feminine
- bite you aon the right hand ,, consciousness,, the right hand of God ???
- then you are holding the snake ,, choking it ,, do you have this relationship to women?

What are your thoughts?
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi JC I thank you for responding to my dream. You mentioned that it has to do with the biblical era.When God was nailed to the cross and the he was reborn, then you mentioned the right hand of God.Maybe I am being reborn and God is on my side blessing me with this new start. If that is the case I am very grateful and humbled because the past 2 yrs have been hell, and I did pray very much for a new start and I bleieve God finally decided to do it at his time. Pepople sometimes do not appreciate what they have and do no thank God enough I believe it takes a lot of faith What do you think? About what you said it all makes a lot of sense, one thing I did not know really if the snakes continued to be a "she"
also I did not understand what you mean about me having a relationship to women like that. is it meaning that I am abussive? because no I love women especially my wife. I was very glad you responded to my dream you made me feel very comfortable because I feel vey close to God, and may god bless you and your family. Have a wonderful Christmas and by the way I will visit Australia one day I think you live in a beautiful country. I sincerely hope a response from you thank you.

Re: Re: Snakes

Hi Robert
There are many ways to look at the meaning of dreams - in an Old Testament sense God spoke to the people through their dreams ,,, Jung has a more academic explanation, and from another perspective we are created by the Divine and so are ourselves part of the Divine so it makes sense that we have contact with part of our origins.
Whatever the worldly explanation, one's personal experience confirms that dreams do speak to us - it fits that the symbols that your unconscious used in your dream are christian and religious if that is your belief system. This is just what I saw in the dream. The real 'proof' (such as it can be) is that the dream interpretation 'clicks' for the dreamer. An outside perspective can really help interpretation ,,,, sort of like trying to see the forest for the trees.

In reference to 'she' I picked up that you refered to the snakes as she ,,, which I seem to recall was implied in the church were I was raised (or tit might have been my fathers projection on to me ,,, and so I am very sensitive to it).
I did not mean any reference to how you feel about your wife - sorry if that seemed to be in there.

I agree that people (of which we are part) are often not grateful for the blessings we receive on a daily basis - the breath we take, the gift of our senses ,,, many miracles to sustain our existance.

Of course as a Christian this time has added significance ,,, and maybe potency - death and resurrection ,,,, great timing ,,, go for it
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

The idea I had when I read your dream, is like you have the skill, dexterity to perform your new job, could be also a solution offered, you have to show your strength, your character. You have a sense of danger, this is what the archetypal image (snake) is “saying”. Two snakes can represent also two opposites….
In my grandmother culture it will be a good sign, she always kept a snake inside of bottle, hidden in her store, it gave her good luck in her business. The three could represent individuation, and could be related with the disappeared snake?, is not clear to me, but you should write both dreams very detailed, and see what is happening in your life. Sometimes when I have an important dream, I understand it after 6 months or so. Good luck, and Merry Christmas
Marie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 FL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Hi Justin I want to thank you for responding to my dreams you have a wonderful way of explaining things.I especially like the way you talk about the bible I wish I could understand it better. I hope you had a Happy New Year best wishes and the best of luck. Sincerely yours,

Robert

P.S. I feel a good connection between you and I maybe we can keep in contact with each other, I love your spirituality I wish I knew someone here in Florida like you. my email address is xavior2be@yahoo.com I would like to keep in touch. Have a nice day

Hi Marie thank you for your input about my dream. It is great to read other peoples response and look at a new perspective. I never heard about putting a snake in a bottle before for good luck, I hoped it worked for her. Thank you again may you have a Happy New Year best of luck and health.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present