Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pl interpret my dream

For the past few days I have been getting a lot of dreams, strange and seem to have no correlation at all, and this has prompted me to look up the net. Can someone tell me if there is something that I am being told via this medium.thanks

Day before (day before yesterday)
o I watching a TV show, a naked women appears on the screen, she is young and attractive .The naked women is not facing us , we are being shown her view from the back, she bends so now we can see her bottoms occupying the screen ,she bends even further so we can now see her private parts.

Day before yesterday
oI am sitting with my father and his friend (who is my classmate’s father), she too is present. I have not been in contact with this classmate –we are not friends as such, for about say 13 odd years, though I did bump into her parents maybe 2 years back. Suddenly my father , my classmate and her father all sprout plants in their chests- green plants with blue flowers.
oI have another dream, I am in my parental home, the floor above suddenly collapses though nothing happens to my home, we are all safe. The surprising part is though the floor above collapses I don’t recollect any casualties, and my parental home too is whole.
oI am in the middle of the road the vehicles are zooming past, I want to run across to the other side of the road, but am hesitating, suddenly I decide that to rush past, I see two vehicles approaching me , a huge orange colored bus and another orange colored smaller vehicle. I go under the bus, and am wondering if I am dead, I feel whole and no pain though.

Yesterday-
oThe locality is the neighborhood I grew up, the buildings are also familiar. I am standing in the verandah of my apartment, engrossed in my own thoughts when I suddenly notice that a large multi storied residential building is falling, I wonder if I am imagining it , but I don’t alert anybody, before I can even react, the building sinks into the ground –into a large hole. Some of the vehicles which are plying on the road also starting falling down near the apartment, now this road runs parallel to the apartment –though slightly elevated. I presume that the drivers have got shocked by the sight and therefore have lost control, I now think that this real and alert my family members, my father is also present nearby (my father is deceased and was a heart patient for 10 yrs prior to his death), I hug him tightly (I come from a culture where we are not very demonstrative about our feelings like hugging etc) so that the sight is not too shocking for him and does not affect him adversely. I am deliberating whether I should go and help out at the scene ,but decide otherwise, thinking that I am not be able to cope with what I shall see. The multi storied building which has sunk does not actually exist though all the other buildings in my dream actually exist.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38 ,currently in HongKong, but otherwise in India.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Pl interpret my dream

Hi Priscilla,

Please say 'hello' to HK for me - I lived there for three years a while ago.
Thanks you for including your dreams as a sequence - it may help to review some of the links and info on this site to get some background about dreams.

I feel these dreams are trying to recall something from the past - from your childhood (from the time of your classmate), and that may relate to something that happened in your family (your father, your family home), or that relates to your fathers friend - it may be something that you have kept quiet about at least initially, and did not help out directly.

This dream could also relate to major life changes that you are undergoing - that may seem like destruction of long held, perhaps family beliefs.
Who is the Hindu god that had the flower of creation arising from his belly (?Vishnu). This may link to the female and her private parts - the source of birth??

Dreams have many possible interpretaions and relate to the dreamer - they are custom made for / from the dreamer - so your reflection on the dreams and how they relate to your life is the key. Your feedback may help to explore possible meanings further as well as help to let me know if there are chords that strike you in what I ahve suggested.
All the best
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Justin, first of all thanks for replying.

Well, HK has conveyed her regards to you too, and sends you “greetings of the season” too.

I am currently on an assignment in HK .Yes may be I am in a phase of life where I am experiencing many changes, consolidating my professional position and fate is being very kind to me. I have always been the questioning sort, open to new ways of looking at things but the change I now see in myself is that I am less judgmental about things than previously.

My father has been a very influential personality in my life , in the way I think, react etc, and this was never forced on me, it has been imbibed by the way he has conducted himself in all his dealings. He never had a problem stating things as they were and sticking his neck out where others would hesitate, of course as kids we were kind of uncomfortable at times, but deep down there was always tremendous respect and admiration. Fate was never kind to him though, he has a rough life- tough childhood, not a very successful professional life, and then his illness.

During his illness he was confined to the house, my fathers friend (no there is nothing here)-he was a different kind of a person, a disagreeable sort, he used to come over to chat/discuss (politics/current issues/ideas etc) with my father pretty often. We are Catholics in a predominantly Hindu country, including Uncle (my father’s friend). We do not remember Uncle having a job, his wife was employed, and it was looked at unfavorably in those times. Though it was not like, his wife was the breadwinner as he had investments earnings, but socially he was an oddity, to me he came across as a highly intelligent, but he was the argumentative sort, I guess he had a problem getting along with people. He was not a practicing catholic, and in a country like ours, where we are very tradition bound this was not well looked at in the community. May be today I look at him with respect as he had the courage and did not seek others approval.

Well, I cannot actually understand why my father appears in my dreams, he has passed away almost 11 years back, and it is only of late that he appears in my dreams.

Thank you again for sparing your time and helping megain some insight. Wish you the very best too.

Priscilla

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38 ,currently in HongKong, but otherwise in India.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Priscilla,

Thank you for your reply (and conveying my well wishes to HK; I was very at home there).

I shall reflect on your dream with the info you have given.
Dreams as very personal affairs in so much as they are specific for the dreamer - feeling, intuition and a willingness to be honest (to one's self) are the keys.
Dreams often speak on two levels - giving commentary on ones waking world and at the same time commentary on ones inner world.
The characters in dreams may well represent parts of ourselves - like actors in a play used to illustrate some qwerk or attribute. Other characters in dreams are more 'reproducible' and are called archetypes.
The father figure in your dream may well be an archetype.

My feeling is that yr dream reflects something of a highly personal and private nature (the woman's private parts) ,,,
The two men (there might be a clue in that) ,,, and the sprouts form their chests' ,,,,, perhaps your masculine side is sprouting compassion. It is still likely worthwhile looking at the mythology here even though you are Catholic (there is lots written on this stuff). The symbology is so rich here - the chest being the heart centre (4th chakra0, the plants being birth and nature, the blue colour ,,, well Shiva's colour is blue ,,,,

Keep chewing the dream over, gently
All the best JC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: Re: Pl interpret my dream

Hi Priscilla
As I mentioned before I thought there may be deeper symbols in your dream. Dreams delve into and can use many symbols from our collective (ancestral) consciousness as a means of talking to us.

Shiva - the destroyer ,, yet whose dance of bliss (in the Nataraj) is for the welfare of the world. He dances in the "Hall of Consciousness" that is the heart of man. ... the plant that bloomed out of the chest.
Shiva crushes the demon of ignorance that is caused by forgetfulness. Does this tie in with the destruction of the buildings? Are there aspects of your life where 'ignorance' is collapsing?
However it is not just mindless destruction - Shiva, Brahma (the creator) and Vishnu (the sustainer) are all part of the trimurti (?Spelling)(three aspects of the divine).
Shiva's dance represents the destruction and the creation of the universe and also the cylces of birth and death ,,,, ??? the females private parts?.
Also the awakening of dormant energies that will aid in future creation.
The unborn Shiva is represented with the symbolic female genital form the yoni.,,, just like in your dream.
Shiva and Vishnu are both blue skinned. Vishnu holds a lotus flower.

Against this - Brahma is said to arise from a lotus arising from Vishnu's navel ,,, well some poetic licence and the heart is where it is all at after all ,,, is it not?

This is a lot to take in - especially given your background. I have very dear friends who are christian Indians so I have some knowledge of the issues relating to life for them ,,, none the less I would encourage you to look into this further. If we really want to consider the meaning of our dreams it is hard to disregard the language the dream used ie: the images.
Jung did a mamoth amount of study into all this - Joseph Campbell also spent a large part of his life looking at symbols across cultures and beliefs ,,,, go for it.
I am interested in your thoughts
Justin

Thank you Justin ,for putting it into a cultural context.

I am attracted to Hindu philosophy by it “catholicity”!! in the truer sense, it is after all a part of my heritage, religion is an accident of birth or history. But I am not very familiar/delved into symbols etc though i may have absorbed these subconsciously, though I am familiar that trimurti (yes you got the spelling right) is something like the trinity. The notion of religion also constantly evolves and after some time one starts seeing it in terms of metaphors. Fortunately or unfortunately my mind is very good at accumulating trivia and tidbits of any information that I come across.
Like you put it must be something deep in my subconscious, I need to pay more attention to it and study it further.

Thanks again for sparing your time,
Priscilla

I am glad I haven't offended you Priscilla. I was tempted to observe the 'trinity' aspect but decided not to ,,,
In reference to the dream's message I am interested how things evolve. The dreams present themselves for a reason ,,, even if it is just to bring something to the attention of our waking state. I think accessing this information about ourselves helps us to grow as we are truly meant to.
As you put it, by paying attention is a 'great key'.
Namaste, Justin

Namaste to you too Justin,

I shall need study this further and also keep a track of my dreams and happening to see if i can make sense/listen to the promptings.

Thanks for aiding me in my journey of self discovery.
Dhanyavad,
Priscilla

stats from 7-14-10 to the present