Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stranger in most of my dreams

Well its for the last year I have been having really strange dreams and in just about every dream there is this stranger I cant ever get a good look at who always guides me threw everything in my dream for instance there was a fram that I was in a round pit of snakes with a spiral staircase to the top and as I was running up the stairs the strangers was in front of me and as I look behind me the pit of snakes semed to have been rising and behind me were 3 white cats and right when we were to the end of the stairs the stranger told me to go infront f him and to com back for him so I run up and I get him out and he is holding the cats in his arms but this time they are 3 black cats and i woke up right around that part of the dream

but then a few nights later I had probably one of the most oddest dreams I have ever had in my life it started with me driving in the middle of the dessert at night and the sky was full of stars it was just about the most beautifull thing I have ever seen and far off in the horizen I see starts shooting up to the sky and they would explode in to images of flowers aand then I would get closer and closer to it and then I could see a machine and the stranger operating the machine and before I could get to the nd of the road a truck full of army men zoomed by me and the stranger ran away and got away then my dream skips to morning time and I am walking down the beach with army men running around frantickly looking for the machine and then the sand turns thi golden brown and the waters a deep blue and I look around and I move these bushes and I find the machine it was amazing it was a bright yellow machine with 8 bulb looking thins that were very strange then i look around and the soldiers are gone and down the beach comes the stranger and the dream ends right there
so like i said if anyone can help me out with finding out what all this means and to tell you the truth it has almost become an obbsession for me to know

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19, ca

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Stranger in most of my dreams

Angel,
Thank you for your patience. I've looked at your dream several times but only this morning received a good sense of the meaning. This is a learning process for us here at the Forum. Many times I require more time to intuit or 'unconsciously process' a dream. I'm nearly to an interpretation that feels good but must dash to work. I'll post tonight or tomorrow morning...depending on if there's quiet time to work tonight.

Thanks ever so much,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Angel,
Some thoughts on your dream follow. Please know that this may be close or then again not as dreams and dream symbols are very much based on personal perspective, age, etc. If you don’t get an Aha! feeling then please lets look at this again as perhaps the interpretation is not “there”. So please feel free to let me know what your thoughts are regardless if the interpretation rings a bell or not.

You (desert) and your current life path (car). Do you feel your life is lacking in some way? Perhaps your unconscious (night & sky) is directing you to seek or that you need guidance (stars). If you do currently feel in need of guidance it could be showing you that the guidance you seek is a source held within you (you are the stranger, the stranger is you, and is the guide). As you look for this direction do you wish (shooting stars) more than examine with rational intellectual thought maybe even lacking in depth perhaps going about in a mote or mechanical way (machine)?. Or perhaps you tend to live life rigidly, without any spontaneity or adventure, in a mindless, repetitive way lacking the inner joy or sense of beauty life has on offer.

In your dream if the army men felt intrusive or prevented you from doing what you wanted perhaps you engage in self defeating attitudes that prevent you from enjoying life to the fullest and trusting that inner voice. This inner authority, possibly a familial or social learned authority, interferes and prohibits you from doing what would be personally fulfilling. Or if you felt safe at their arrival it could mean the opposite, that you feel a need for strength or to be protected.

Perhaps the dream is asking you to consciously (beach) adapt a new view or attitude (morning), to base your life on the earthy, instinctive (deep brown) and intuitions that come from a deep source within your psyche (deep blue sea). By doing so you may discover (move the bushes) an aspect of your life that is light and joyous, good and life enhancing (amazing, yellow). Possibly this includes feminine ideals (8 bulbs) that others or even your social conditioned conscious mind would find strange or ‘not feminine’. By doing this you remove the self defeating or policing attitudes (army men now gone) and the inner guide you once searched for is free to return.

If you’re comfortable answering a few questions I’d appreciate your comments. If not, I understand. It would help me in my studies to know if you’re an intuitive. I sense from this dream that you are although I could be wrong. That your unconscious symbolizes an inner aspect as a guide and the dessert as a place of transformation seem significant at your age. Deserts are often mystical places in spiritual thought. Are you and/or your family or those you’re close to more spiritual than religious or at least open to such?

Again, thank you for your patience! I’m sorry it took so long for a response however I wanted to get a good sense of the symbolism before responding.

Thanks ever so much,
Kathy

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Thank you very much for taking time to help me out I really appreciate it and as for you question yes my family is very spiritual to tell you the truth I scare them sometimes cuz I have a tendancy to have deja-vu"s on a very regualar basis that was going to be my next question what do deja-vu"s mean and what are there signifacants? again thank you very much for all of this information it is very helpfull thank you again.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Angel,
Thank you for your response and answering questions. From your dream I sensed you possess an intuitive aspect. This is a wonderful aspect that if you work to develop will guide you in both your inner development and outer life.

Regarding déjà vu - read a Dec 13 post by Steve titled déjà vu. It's a good starting point in looking to define déjà vu. Both Steve & Gerard have great insight into this aspect and function and perhaps if they have time can provide additional comment.

Regarding your family & spirituality you mention your frequent déjà vu experiences tend to 'scare' them. The spiritual usually view déjà vu as a natural part of selves and one of the connections to the source of All therefore more accepting of this aspect. Dogmatic religions tend to view this as something unnatural, something other worldly, even though the very texts they rely on for their ‘religion’ sometimes describe a déjà vu experience as visions encountered by their prophets and sages, their ‘holy men’.

By questioning spiritual or religious I should have been more clear. Follows is an excerpt from a previous post by Gerard regarding the difference between the two:

“spiritual/metaphysical as opposed to religious- Religion is based on the dogma of man, taken from a context of spiritual nourishment. Most religions deny the role of nature as a part of its dogma. Spirituality incorporates nature as a vital source of understanding and recognizing something within ourselves that resonates with the rest of nature. Whereas religion is a product of man's recognition of a spiritual aspect, spirituality is an aspect of nature within man/woman that is derived from the deepest resources within the soul.”

Again, thank you for your post & response. Please feel free to continue posting dreams and questions here at the Forum. As I said earlier, developing this intuitive sense is a positive action and will offer you the guidance you seek.

Many thanks,
Kathy

kathy thank you very much yet again sorry I didint repond earlier, from that no my parent arent i guess but again I have had anothe dream just last night i was parked in my car inside this kind of barn its hard to explain but my car was parked to the left side of the barn and ant there was a big opening at the n end of the barn wich I was able to see the beach and I was tryin to get out of my car but before I tried to I saw the waves getting rough outside so I decided to stay in my car and the waves keped getting bigger and eventually got into the barn and floded the barn about half way up and I look outside the car and see allot of yellow fish but they looked simaler to catfish and justt floated out of the barn threw the opening and woke up and havent gone back to sleep its gotten bad the past 3 weeks I have been averaging about 3 hours of sleep a day kind of trying to getmyself tired to the point of not dreaming but it manages to get me still : / thank you again very much.

Hi Angel,

It's possible all three dreams are connected. It appears you are experiencing doubt about some matter in your life which could be the source of your anxiety and sleep disturbances. Some inner conflict which needs addressed and resolved hence coming through in your dreams and waking life.

Will look at this tongight. I would like to first look at this dream then at all three together. Although understand I can not determine what that conflict is as it's personal to you. At the Forum by communicating with each other we hope to help others identify an issue so they can begin to resolve it.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Angel,

Perhaps you feel stuck inside some situation or contemplating a direction in life that is not what your outer self, conscious ego, desires. Left can often symbolize feminine aspects of emotions or intuitions, heart rather than head, the journey of the real life in doing what you want and know to be right for you (vs doing what others expect of you, etc.) The barn may be symbolic of a place outside your true self where you have stored or invested efforts and energies that you need to or wish to turn elsewhere. Or it could be a place linking conscious instinctual reactions to unconscious emotions and or attitudes. Seeing an opening at the one end could symbolize a new influence or new found inspiration entering your life or an opportunity to seek such. The beach may indicate there is something within the unconscious that the conscious mind needs to acknowledge. And possibly that you keep trying to return to what is familiar to you rather than accepting and nurturing growth to adapt or accept changes and circumstances in your life. The waves could be unconscious emotions or attitudes held within that want to made conscious or even showing you need to draw in the power of those feelings or emotions. Perhaps you fear or experience being swept in by those overwhelming emotions in the unconscious.

If you can identify the source and make peace with it the nature of the true spiritual self, being symbolized by the yellow catfish, of creativity, independent spirit or even those feminine aspects like intuition, can be free to grow and develop and take you through to that next stage

That you are having doubt, as shown by anxiety and sleep interruptions, may itself imply the answer. You perhaps seek confirmation from the outside however it’s that outer Persona that seeks what is not in harmony with the inner Self. At first it may be hard to part with the outer self desires as they are very strong and difficult to overcome. Yet once you understand that which you will gain you will find peace of mind.

Thanks,
Kathy

stats from 7-14-10 to the present