Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the dress rehearsal

hi all,
i have been looking at my latest dream with a sense of anticipation,and would be grateful for any thoughts,
the dream,
i am taking part in a play,
i am standing back stage , waiting for my cue to go on ,i am dressed as a waiter,
it is the dress rehearsal,and i am looking forward with anxiety to getting the show going,
i realize this is the last chance to get it right before the real thing,the public performance,
i am not consciously aware of anything coming up that would create this dream, but its obviously trying to remind me of something,
maybe my part in the grand scheme of things,to serve.
any thoughts would be gratefully recieved,
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: the dress rehearsal

Hi Steve,

On a personal level could this be describing the Dream Forum (play), waiting for a sign or message, like this dream!…(waiting for your cue), your current role as a contributor in service to both Gerard during his temporary absence AND the Forum guests + possibly a pun reiterating literally waiting (dressed as a waiter), assuming that role in full regalia, as you have developed the insight/intuition and the accumulated knowledge through your own Journey (dress rehearsal), wanting to participate and share your knowledge although anxious as dream interpretation is not an exact science requiring a mixture of both art and science, of both intuition and the rational mind, in harmony. (anxiety and getting it right). The Forum is a public forum with invitation to all to participate although… it is daunting to put your intuitions and knowledge to the test of public examination (the public performance).

Then perhaps on the deeper level the play is the collective life experience or your Journey, with cue signifying that time to reenter or return, as service to others and yourself is the ultimate goal. The dress rehearsal being that which you have put to practice in your personal Journey. The self knowledge you gained during your Journey when shared will be of much service to the others that seek to travel their Journey. You look forward to the return but are fully conscious the manner to employ to effect a correct return, in relation to the work, to insure success is crucial, as all else depends on this turning point.

Sorry to ramble on...

(Or could you be having thoughts of joining a thespian production? )

Best regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: the dress rehearsal

dear kathy,
you do not ramble,i value your thoughts and insights greatly,
when you can't see properly,you need somebody to wipe your glasses for you,
this is the best we can do,in our humble attempts with interpretation,you do this remarkably well.
i liked your thoughts on the inner journey,this echoed my own feelings.
i decided a while back, when looking at the dream posts,
instead of trying to reason them out,which is an impossible task, with little or no feedback,
and going on intuition,if something jumps out at me ,i will respond,
strangely,this way seems to be of more use
this could be the-waiting for the cue aspect of my dream,
i read last night ,
that dreams (personal myths)are often a rehearsal for, and of life.
this would fit all that you have said,and what the dream is saying.
many thanks
steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: the dress rehearsal

Hi Steve
my sense of this dream is that you are a willing and ready participant in ,,, your life
what is that saying, life is not a dress rehearsal ,,, or could you be holding back in asome sense ?
All the best
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present