Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
weird dream about dead sharks. please help

i have been very stressed out lately and depressed because of some midterm exams. i have been withdrawn from my friends and family and have been very angry and moody.
last night, for the first time, i had a dream i was on the beach. i saw a huge, dead, great white shark in the water about 20 feet away from me just lying in the water. i was amazed and wanted to investigate it, but all of a sudden a person appeared and started ripping the shark to pieces for no apparent reason, and as i looked around, more dead sharks appeared and more people started ripping the sharks apart. it was very gory and i got splattered with blood, skin, and fat, and couldnt help but feel sorry for the dead sharks.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: weird dream about dead sharks. please help

Hi Susie

In my youth, i had dreams about sharks surrounding an island I was on ,,, I now have a bit more understanding of these things so I wm hapy to look at this dream - I would like to take abit longer thatn I have right now, and to think about it more - can you look at some of the info on the site - maybe things on symbols ?

your dream refects you outer / waking state and the info regarding the stresses in your life at the moment is very helpful

JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: weird dream about dead sharks. please help

Hi Susie

you say you have been "very stressed out lately" and you recongise what is going on in your life ("i have been withdrawn from my friends and family and have been very angry and moody) ,,,, that recognition alone is like a great asset that you have ,,, you can already sense yourself ,,, well you can sense a part of yourself ,,,, .
Just as we use writing and speaking to communicate - dreams use symbols; this is a very efficient and personal way of communicating. Some symbols seem to have similar meanings for most people and it seems we are all basicly made up in a similar way.
So to the dream.
the water symbolises your unconscious - that part of you that your (our) waking mind is not really aware of. It is a bit like an iceberg ,, we can only see the tip of it. The sharks in your dream may either be parts of you , people in your life or both ! So which is it ??? well only you will really know - the dream is by you for you ,,,,
Sharks in the ocean/ sea / deep ocean ,, sharps are a no non-sense animal, they are instinctual - they act on instinct ,,, so in dreams this could mean the deeper instinctual parts of you ,, yes we all have these parts of us ,,, it is just that few have the insight to ask the questions. There is nothing wrong with these aspects of you - I could imagine that if your instincts are under threat them a shark would be a good defence. Also we can be very scared of these parts of your nature - especially if we are taught not to know about and trust what we 'want' to do. I mean want in the sense of, it is best for me to do / have / eat whatever -
Sharks being attacked - you are under threat from the outside or you are attacking part of yourself

Have a think on these things and let me know what you think
all the best
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present