Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
attonement with the father motif

hi i would love to have some thoughts on this dream,

i emerge out of the sea onto an island inhabited by japanese soldiers,
most of which are fishing to supplement their diet.
i know that i am not allowed to lift up my head but keep it bowed,
the comandant has a dog which slips off its lead,i dive for it and catch hold of the lead on my second attempt.
the comandant isn't as horrible as i first thought,
my first assumptions,
the japanese soldiers and commandant,reminded me of star wars,the empire,and darth vader,
based on this i felt it was reflecting the,
attonement with the father motif from the hero journey theme.
a japanese pow camp,you would have to conform or die,
i did feel in the dream that i wanted to rebel and express my anger,but had to stay disciplined .
any thoughts.
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: attonement with the father motif

Hi Steve
I know you have a huge amount of dream knowledge and insights so I'l just mention some things that struck me on reading yr dream.

Coming out of the sea and onto an island - out of the unconscious into the consciousness ,,, ? salvation, being saved, isolation, being cut off from the mainstream.
Only to find japanese soldiers - could these be aspects of your shadow ?
Kepping your head bowed is initially sounding like reverence yet here it is reminiscent of (forced) suppression ,,, and the commandant. The leader of the 'dark side' - reminds me of similar dreams I had in relation to mother figures keeping me locked up or held back in some way,,, so it may well be a father symbol.
The dog - initially restrained by the commander is interesting. The dog may represent honest natural talents that have been / were repressed and have been freed - The dog gets away and you go after it ,,, but you don't quite have it and then you do !

what do you think
all the best
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Brisbane Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: attonement with the father motif

Hi Steve,

At the end of your post you said you wanted to rebel and express your anger. I am not too sure what this dream means but I feel there are some positive ideas in this dream, like coming out from the sea onto an island. It signifies to me a symbolism of life, as well as the Japanese fishing - they are searching for food. Why do you feel that you came onto this island?
Also it seems like a special encounter, where you crossed your paths with the Japanese soldiers.

Sorry if this hasn't helped much,
take care
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: attonement with the father motif

hi ,
many thanks justin and magdelena for your thoughts,
on delving into this dream ,i realised it was about discipline through difficult times,
i am at the moment, struggling against the thou shalt system,but i know through self discipline i will survive.
this dream reminded me a lot of empire of the sun,the movie,i don't know if youv'e ever seen it,
it is a very powerful film,about a boy surviving a japanese pow camp.
this movie helped me understand the meaning of the dream.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

stats from 7-14-10 to the present