Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
aeroplane

Hi

my dream was about being on a holiday, but more vividly I remember being on a plane and being close to landing. The plane was very close to the ground and funnily at times it didn't feel like an airport below us, because I remember some kids or young girls playing with a tennis ball which hit a window of the plane that I was looking out of.
Then I remember that plane hit a road sign as it was approaching landing again.
I don't think the dream was frightening , but I find it peculiar, any ideas on what it may symbolise?

thanks
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: aeroplane

hi,
just one question,
were you arriving on holiday or returning from holiday?
this might have a bearing on the symbology on the ground,
regards steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Hi Steve,

I think I was returning, but couldn't be sure.
How does this affect the dream?
What would it mean if I was arriving?

Anyway it felt like returning,

thanks a lot

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: Re: aeroplane

hi,
your dream seemed to me,to contain some elements of the return/hero journey motif.

in the hero/heroine journey motif ,the return is a difficult stage,
all this wonderful magical stuff we find in a matching magical world,ie the unconscious,the dream world,why bother to come back to this real world at all,

it could be a compensation dream,correcting a lopsided conscious attitude,
maybe you have been feeling pretty darn pleased with yourself recently,
and down to earth with a bump!you didn't notice the signs,(pun)
its worth playing around with ideas and puns,something always clicks,
but only you can decide what it is.
hope iv'e given you something of use.
regards steve

regards steve.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Hi Magdalena,

I think maybe Steve might be on to something when he says, a journey has come to an end. I know for me any dreams of an airplane coming in for a landing generally means something in my life has come to a finish. I've had these types of dreams periodically and I knew at the time this was so. I have had dreams of airplanes in mid-air and knew then that I was in the mist of journey. The same would go for airplanes just taking off - embarking on a new journey. Could it be parts of your life has finished it's cycle?

Another thought to think about.

kd

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Thanks everyone,

I find it hard to understand what this dream meant, I don't feel anything is coming to an end, but perhaps I feel something different about myself.

I do feel really good at work at the moment, I am only working casual there before i go back to uni, but i feel i am really enjoying what i am doing, and feel surrounded by friendly colleages.

On a more personal note I happened to feel more calm with myself for a moment, yet I felt a bit pessimistic thinking that my habit will re-occur in the future, I know we can't feel happy all the time, but i was and still am afraid of continuing my old habits which occur for example during a confrontation with a loved one, when i would take it to heart and cry and get really upset, being afraid of loosing them or them not loving me enough when particular words were exchanged.

Even though I feel now I have 'walked backwards'in the last week or two, by not solving anything and feeling like I have lost control with my feelings and reactions, I also feel that there is 'perhaps' a slight change for the better.

I don't understand the hero/heroine journey motif Steve, I might have a read about it on this website.

thanks a lot everyone

Re: Re: aeroplane

hi magdalana,
jung stressed the importance of trying to relate your dream to some myth or fairytale,
as dreams are your own personal myth.
there are many sites containing joseph campbells hero journey works,some very academic,
one site i recomend,is easy to grasp,
don't be put off by the term hero,it also means the feminine aswell,just remember to change the archetypal ref to masculine,ie the wise old man for you ,would be the wise old woman etc,
try this one.
www.//mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/smc/journey/ref/des1.html
if you have any questions,just post them.
good luck.
regardfs steve.

Hi Magdalena, Up the air, where the planes fly is calm, like the way you are feeling now?, then you said, you will return to uni, that could be the landing?, to confront your emotions, the window, could be a protection you have, or the plane could be yourself, you will find the way to land, to confront. You did not feel frightened on the dream,
We are here to be happy.
best wishes
Marie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 FL

stats from 7-14-10 to the present