Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the mandala and rejuvination centre

hi all,
i wanted to post this latest dream as it contained a few symbols that i have been talking with ojiavathi about recently,namely the mandala motif.
the dream,
i am with jane seymour(the actress),
we are being shown to a room in a rejuvination centre,
the male guide,tells us, that whatever happens in this place,happens on the outside.
i notice jane seymour is old looking and i am also aware that she is about to be made young again,no doubt a ref to the immortal goddess(feminine)aspect.
she is walking around the room clicking her heels in anticipation,
i look out of the window,and wow!
there is a field of wheat,like velvet swaying in the breeze,in the centre is a huge circle,
the circle is a patch of vines,all absolutly bursting with fruit,i am in awe.
now thats a mandala,a symbol of the self.
i would be happy for any comments.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: the mandala and rejuvination centre

Hi Steve,
Great dream & info. I recall only two dreams with possible mandala presentations.

One was a four square court (posted on Forum some time ago).

The other dream, from a few months past, contained two possible mandala symbols. Overall the dream was about a rite of passage, then scene changed to incorporate an 'ancient' stone castle/university and leadership passed from a queen/professor to successor, a younger woman with both inner and outer beauty. First a circular stone perforamnce stage where the top level was even with ground level and the four levels descended into the earth was outside the castle/university, so the stage was the lowest level (circle within circle, very similar to Jung's Psyche diagram). Second, the young woman ascended four stone steps to meet the queen/professor, who stood at the top, to accept her new position of governance and leadership. If I had to liken the step configuration to something I've seen before then it resembled a Mayan or Incan structure, pyramid base with flat top, but with only four steps.

I usually doubt when looking at these as symbolic of mandalas. As I'm at the beginning of self work I find it difficult to determine if something is a mandala symbol. Are there methods you employ or more based on accumulated knowledge or 'feels right' in determining if it is a mandala?

Thanks much,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: the mandala and rejuvination centre

hi kathy,
i actually had a dream many years ago instructing me in recognizing mandala/self motifs,

usually we are objective observers in dreams or we are playing a role,
i imagine looking down on the dream from a height,
its like looking down on a map,you get to see the relationship of part to part,and part to the whole,
sometimes as you have seen yourself,a mandala image is obvious,
your mandala dreams are obvious,and contain individuation motifs,the four steps etc
especially the young woman ascending the steps to meet the queen/professor at the top,
the two that are really one,
the pyramid,an ancient structure,
another version would be ascending a mountain to commune with the gods ,
this imagery has a lot of stuff similar to my own experiences in dreams,and only goes to show that jung was right,the collective unconscious runs the show,and it is this our conscious ego's need to accept,
this would be symbolized in your dream,as the acceptance of the queen/professors new position of governance and leadership.great stuff.
if you imagine hovering above this scene taking place on the top of the pyramid,you would see the young woman moving not up,but towards the centre of a concentic mandala(pyramid with steps),in the centre,the unified self.

regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: the mandala and rejuvination centre

Steve,
Amazing! In my thinking I had to decipher which one of the two each ‘pair’ was, had to be one or the other but I could not decide which so I used the / thinking at a later time the symbolism would be more clear. It had not consciously occurred to me a setting and or characters could be a union of two.

Sound advice. I’ll use your method of looking from above at dream images. It's like a fouth dimension to the dream.

Interesting about observer or playing a role. Again, something I was not consciously looking at in my dreams. In nearly all dreams I’m an active character. In this dream, once the young woman appeared I was an observer except for explaining to another observer how looking inside the successor to see her inner beauty when combined with the outer beauty wholly justified her as the right choice to succeed.

This dreams directs continuing ego work in the Individuation process. Perhaps to look more closely to the inner beauty inside all seems to be a good start...

Many thanks!
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present