Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
war

Hi everyone,

I dreamt of a war, yet I felt I was in another year, back in the past. (perhaps because of the different type of clothing and type of guns, etc)

I remember a mass of people being scared and ushered close together.

I remember catapults being thrown close to me, and a rubble of concrete. I remember how when the catapult was thrown it took a few seconds for it to 'explode' just like a grenade. I tried to run away from those catapults.

I was also hiding behind some tall grasses, it felt like I was on top or around a hill, and the landscape felt like out of town.

I know that anything associated with war would symbolise negative emotions. What more can I get out of this dream?

thanks a lot

Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Re: war

Magda,
This could be the war within. The internal battle between aspects for dominance within the Self. Perhaps the concrete rubble are the deeply held beliefs developed in the past about your self that work to tear down. The effect isn't immediately felt or noticed as it takes time for them to 'explode' or come to surface. Possibly holding in or suppressing. Running from the catapults may be the negative emotions, fear, that causes avoiding rather than facing these beliefs/emotions. Hiding in the tall grass/hill could be a picture of your true Inner Self hidden within, your true Nature. Outside of the internal battle within.

Thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Thanks Kathy,

I appreciate your response, you are quite right.

I stil wonder what this mass of people symbolised?

The end of the dream, hiding behind grasses, is positive in some way, in knowing or searching the true self.

cheers
Magda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Hi Magda,
Could be society, family, aspects of Self...one or all. I say all because dreams hold several meanings, multiple interpretations are the norm for my dreams. One interpretation could be close however there is probably more than one message to a dream.

It's possible the mass of people could be indoctrinated beliefs, teachings, adherence to rules, expectations from society and/or family you've subscribed however work to hinder expresion and development of your Inner Self. Maybe fear of conscious examination of what in your life or your Self is not an expression of your true Self.

An honest assessment of what it is you fear could lead you closer to the meaning of this symbol.

Thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present