Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cats bringing dead animals as gifts into my home....

I've had two dreams this week full of animals - specifically dogs and cats - but more cats - and they keep bringing me dead animals - sliding in and out of houses, coming through screen doors, etc. looking for me - all the people in the dreams (and I don't recognize any of them) keep telling me the cats are looking for me to give me their gifts!

I should add that I am not a cat lover and have never owned a cat.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: NY - 38

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Cats bringing dead animals as gifts into my home....

hi,
cats can be of the feminine instincts,mostly relating to the intuitive self,
those psychic abilities etc,
perhaps you have been recieving intuitions from your unconscious,have you followed them through?,
these intuitions might be in the form of dreams,
dreams are gifts/messages from your deep knowing self, to your conscious self,
the trick is to understand what the gifts/messages are, and apply them to life.
something is definatly trying to get your attention.
just like a real cat bringing its catch home,
hope this gives you some clues,
thanks steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Re: Cats bringing dead animals as gifts into my home....

Laura,

Interpreting only a specific symbol in a dream is like overhearing only a fraction of a conversation. We don't know in what context a symbol has been presented as the accompanying symbols are all interrelated and lend to the full meaning. In this, the following is really more a guess than an interpretation.

In Nature wild cats do not readily give over food to other members. Their survival depends on eating as much of the kill as possible since they do not know when they will eat again. It can also denote position in the hierarchy of the pride. Domestic cats understand their food is provided by another and this gift giving is a reciprocal act symbolic of their love, strong bond and gratitude to the gift receiver.

In dreams cats often represent typically feminine traits of intuition, nurturing, emotion, etc. Perhaps in these dreams the cats represent some feminine aspect or traits that you search for. And that by recoginizing, accepting and honoring it you receive it's gifts. Or possibly the dead animals are symbolic of a need to overcome some animal instinct which can be achieved by use of your feminine aspect.

That you are not a cat lover or have ever 'owned' a cat could denote the unconscious may be using archetypical or collective unconscious symbolism/ language in these dreams. For more on archetype and collective unconscious see the links to the left.

Thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present