Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crystal Kissing Stingray

I was at school and was in English class. I noticed that the class was huge and even had bathrooms. There was cross-country tryouts down in the fields and somehow I was dragged into it. I was on the field when these two girls started chasing me. I ran as fast as I could to get away from them and the coach thought that I was running to try out and let me on the team. Then he showed me how to make an E flat by tapping my foot. So I was like, "Okay...You can play music with your feet?"

Now I was confused. I asked one of the girls how to make music and she had no idea what I was talking about. Then I was down at the fields again, except this time it was more like a pool course thing. We were to get an injured sea animal across the pool and to the other side. The first animal I was assigned to was a stingray and I was like, "I'm not touching that!" And the coach said, "Just don't touch its tail." I said, "I'm not touching anything that could hurt me!" He rolled his eyes and said, "It's just the Crystal Kissing Stingray, it's harmless." At that moment it jumped out of the water. It had the mouth of some sort of catfish. It tackled me and kissed me, hence the name Crystal Kissing Stingray.

The next animal I was assigned to was a manta ray. I was okay with this animal since it was harmful. So I jumped on its back and it swam me to the other side. I was so happy that I picked it up over my head and something happened. Kind of like a quick black moment. Then my mata ray was gone and there was a teacher standing next to me. HE HAD EATEN IT!

Any ideas?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 West Virgina

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Crystal Kissing Stingray

I've got some questions about your dream.

You are in a classroom at the beginning of the dream. Was there a teacher present? If yes, was the teacher male or female?

And, a teacher was present at the end of the dream. Was this teacher a man or a woman?

Thanks, Bob

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

The school that you are in is the school of life. You mentioned that the classroom is huge with a large number of students. The classroom even has bathrooms. This implies that the education process is related to elimination. This may be the elimination of problems or some type of psychological or spiritual impurities.

You are next being chased by two girls. They may be some sort of anima symbols. They may be chasing you because they want more attention. Due to your running ability, you get on a cross country team. You are apparently doing a very good of keeping away from your anima.

Your coach shows you how to make the sound of E flat by tapping your foot. Your coach is probably some sort of higher version of yourself. He may symbolize the Wise Old Man archetype. Or, he might be a positive version of your shadow.

But, why are you tapping your foot to make an E flat sound? I suspect that you are tapping your foot (rather than your fingers, for example) to symbolize the journey that you are on.

The E flat had me going for a little while. However, I believe that a dream will often have a spiritual meaning as well as a psychological one. With this in mind, I believe that the E flat sound is associated with one of the chakras, probably the fourth chakra, which is also called the heart chakra.

You asked one of the girls how to make music and she did not know. Her lack of knowledge gives an indication of the anima’s stage of development.

The scene shifts and you are assigned to an injured stingray. Note that you are at the pool after you discover that the girl did not know how to make music by foot tapping. The implication is that the injured stingray is somehow related to the girl’s poor musical ability.

Let’s take a look at the stingray. The stingray is not your typical fish. It is more closely related to sharks than the typical boney fish. It also has a venous tail that can give a painful sting but is rarely fatal to humans. It is a flattened fish that is often found near the sea floor. It has a diamond or almost a square-like shape.

It is not exactly a secret that the fish symbol is associated with the spiritual, in general, and Christianity, in particular. The fish’s shape is associated with wholeness while the venous tail may be related to the anima at her worst. I believe that the fish is either a symbol of your relationship with your anima or perhaps a symbol of your anima.

The coach warns you not to touch its tail. Thus, the stingray’s tail is the source of your problems with your anima. The stinging tail is probably a reflection of the stinging, venous things that are said by a less developed anima.

The coach explains that it is the Crystal Kissing Stingray and that it is harmless. Thus, the anima’s sting will become less dangerous as you become more a whole person.

At that moment, the fish kisses you. The kiss could be the kiss of one friend for another, but I believe that is more like the kiss of a girlfriend or wife. But, what is the significance of the crystal? Apparently, the dream does not show an actual crystal. This is probably because the crystal is inherent in the stingray. That is, the crystal is in some way a part of the fish. There are all sorts of crystals from quartz, to salt, to diamonds. Which kind of crystal is it? Does is matter? Probably, yes. But, given that the dream has a spiritual as well as a psychological meaning, I believe that the crystal acts as a catalyst. It is a catalyst that that has a healing function. When you kiss the stingray, both you and the stingray are healed.

You are next assigned to a manta ray. Although the manta ray has a tail, it does not have the sting of a stingray. From a distance, the manta ray could conceivably be confused with a stingray. However, the manta ray seems to be slightly less square or diamond shaped. The distinguishing trait of the stingray was its tail. The distinguishing trait of the manta ray is its mouth. Here again, we see a symbol of the less developed anima. The manta ray’s large mouth symbolizes the primitive anima’s desire to gossip and use her words to harm others.

You are jump on the manta ray’s back. Thus, you have obtained control over this aspect of your anima. You then raise it over your head. That is, you have raised your anima to a higher level.

As the dream ends, you learn that a teacher had eaten the manta ray. (I took another look at your dream and realize that you mentioned that the teacher was male.) When your teacher ate the fish, he symbolized your assimilation of your healed anima.

This closing of the dream brings it to a complete cycle. You began your dream in a classroom and ended your dream with a teacher.

Hope this helps,
Bob

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61

One thing that I do not understand is "anima." What does this mean? I think if I knew the meaning behind this, then I would be able to better understand your interpretation. Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Wv

Okay, so I looked it up. Is there any way you could broaden your interpretation to everyday English. Not trying to be rude, but I don't understand any of the dream terms!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Wv

stats from 7-14-10 to the present