Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mask

A short dream...but woke it woke me up.

I was asleep (in the dream) and somone was trying to break into my room. As he (i knew it was amle) enetered my room he was holding a face mask over his face. It was not a scary mask, but a "theatrical" mask on a stick. I woke up but was afraid that I didn't know who it was.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: mask

To be sure...it was a thespian mask...but I don't recall whether it was the happy or sad face.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

sorry for the spelling above...i wrote the entry at 2 in the morning. But the figure was a MALE (not a "amle").

Ta...

hi ,
masks can represent the personna,the face we show to the outside world,
it could represent another person that is intruding on your life,and your unconscious perceptions of them,
are you aware of a male,partner or otherwise,who may have not shown his true face yet?

but much more likely represents an aspect of your own personna that needs to be uncovered,
the fact that the room was a bedroom,might suggest that ,intamacy,sexuality etc may have something to do with it.

hope this helps.
steve

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m-uk

Thanks Steve

Here's a question...could it be both those things..cause there is someone in my life whom I perceive to function at the level of persona (if that's the right way to say it)... And, in the context of that relationship I have had difficulty ...ummmm feeling/being "myself" (or something like that.

Or, from a Jungian perspective, is it most likley to be an aspect of myself?

Anna

Also..Jerry has responded to this dream elsewhere and I wanted to conrtibute his excellent and useful response for anyone intersted in the archetype of the trickster. Here it is:

Anne,
Interesting that your dream had the man holding a thespian mask on a stick. Joseph Campbell uses the illustration {I think it was in the Power of Myth} of the trickster walking down a road wearing a mask. One side of the mask portrayed one image and the other side another. As he walked past people along his path they saw different images. This caused much confusion when the people from opposite sides of the road came together to discuss the strange fellow.

Now the importance of this may or may not fit your life. But it does illustrate how easily a person can be fooled, often by one's own intention, or unconscious inattention. The fact that the man was wearing a 'thespian' mask may symbolize the acting out of a pattern of behavior, or there is an act being perputrated upon you.

Also look at the masculine identity that the dream may be trying to convey. The room may be an aspect within your psyche and this masculine side of you is entering, perhaps trying to fool you into thinking one way or another.

But the trickster represents other things than just that of tricking someone. He/she can also represent the wise aspect. He is the shaman, the clown, the magician. Here is a page that may further explain the role of the trickster.

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/bodhisattva/trickster.html

You may want to look deeper into your own personality traits to see if indeed your character is best exemplified by the trickster archetype. To make him fit into who you really are pattern wise it would have to have representation of you personality and psyche in many different aspects and not just one of the above mentioned. If it is just one then the dream message may be addressing one area that has affected your life and may not be addressing your own personality type.

Re: Re: mask

hi,
i think gerards response covers it,
as youn say ,it could be both,but i would have to agree with gerard,that it most likely refers to an inner trait,
try to see which part of the dream mirrors some outer experience,then look for the inner,you may find something in either,the outer and inner may be relecting each other as in your present situation.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m-uk

stats from 7-14-10 to the present