Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mt. Rainier eruption

I was on a bus, like a school bus and my fiancee' was with me with my daughters rabbit. We were near Seattle and I looked toward Rainier. I saw the volcano erupting and pointed it out to everyone. I don't remember what happened next but I was in a sort of a nursing home as Mt. Rainier exploded and destroyed like the whole valley. My fiancee' was outside with the rabbit playing with it and I called her in. We started going through the facility, which still had power and started reassuring the patients that we would help them. Then I woke up. I usually am very good at interpreting even the most scary of my dreams, but this one has me so afraid and sick that I can't think straight. Help!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 Near Seattle

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Mt. Rainier eruption

I could really use some help on this one. I've been unable to sleep well for days since I've had this dream.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Raven,
I believe your dream is addressing some aspect in your life where there is indecision, perhaps having to do with a long term commitment. There may some past experiences in your life that have tainted your view of this particular aspect. Is there any indecision about your relationship with your fiance' or other aspects in your life? Past experiences may be influencing your thinking about this particular commitement. You may need constant reassurance in this area to help you overcome the indecision, an inner need to be reassured.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Gerard, that was amazingly insightful. I've been married before but my ex-wife left me for my brother and I'm not super-keen on getting married again. I'm love her very much but don't see why we need to get married.

I think you're right in that I do need to feel some reassurance that, even if I don't get everything I want, I'll not be made to suffer again, just for wanting a life companion. I think the volcano is my fear erupting out into my conscious mind. Now I believe I can face it. Thank you and blessing be on you.

Rave,
I'm happy that I could be of help. But I must admit the real credit goes to Carl Jung and his insights to dreams. There is no doubt in my mind that dreams can be interpreted by using Jungian psyche. Naysayers should take note of the many people who have posted dreams at the Forum and have been helped by dedicated Jungian contributors. Dreams do have meaning and by following Jung's lead we all can discover what lies within the unconscious world of dreams.

As for your dream, the volcano metaphor is not hard to understand. Rabbits often symbolize indecision. People who are close relationships are usually representative of themselves, or more correctly your relationship with them. The nursing home led me to believe there was a need for inner healing of some type. And the patients {aspects of your psyche} who needed re-assuring offered insights to your own needs. Also, upon awakening you had a feeling of being sick. This led me to believe there was something within your life that was causing real stress. And with your 'fiancee' being a central character in your dream, things just added up and took me in a certain direction. A bit of intuitive mind helps for sure. The power of the feminine psyche.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present