Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spider dreams

I'm new to dream interpretation, but I have been having this dream, its a short dream, I dream that I'm in bed asleep, I open my eyes and I see this huge spider coming down from the ceiling, and just as the spider is about to land on me, I wake up and Jump out of bed as if it were on fire or something and I have to make sure there is no spider in the bed before laying back down. I have had 4 of these dreams , the first dream there were 4 spiders, and the last 3 there has only been 1 spider. It doesn't even seem like a dream , it seems so real, I dont even want to get back in bed sometimes. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks

Re: Spider dreams

I have heard that spiders mean good luck or maybe comming into money Good Luck I hope I'm right for you
Angela

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Spider dreams

hi,
a spider is a symbol that would definatly hold personal associations,aswell as collective,either way they can represent irrational fears.
the fact that the number of spiders has been reduced to one from four would suggest,either a compounding of a problem,the four spiders join to make a much bigger one,if that is the case,
or some sort of resolution is taking place,was four now one,
there is of course the little miss muffet story,
which would suggest some sort of sexual anxiety theme,especially as the bedroom was involved,
on a more personal level what do you feel about spiders,
feel free to feedback,
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m-uk

Thank you for your feedback.This does make some sense when I look at all the stress Im going through, as far as spiders personally, I dont have a phobia of them, but I can't stand them either. I did forget to describe the spiders legs though, it didn't have 8 distinct legs, they were all tangled up, it looks like hair instead of spider legs and I read that tangled hair is symbolic of uncertainty and confusion in my life, But I don't feel that is true. Now Im really confused!! (yes thats ironic isn't it)

hi,
just a thought did the spider radiate any gender,
was it male ,female or just a spider.
steve

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m-uk

No gender, just a spider, a skinny spider but it was very tall not a big hairy fat spider.

hi again,
the tangled legs could be a metaphor for the mess you are in ,ie the stress you have or are going though,
it may be a pun on the idea, that it is a problem to be unwraveled,
does the saying ,
oh what a tangled web we weave,when we first practice to decieve,ring any bells,
can you think of a relationship ,where you feel trapped,does the spider remind you of someone,
spiders can represent the devouring mother priciple aswell,
by this i mean anything that nurtures and protects as a mother would,a religion,a group of some sort,even a real mother,but that has become overbearing,
keep digging and you will get the ah ha moment,
once again feel free to feed back.
regards steve.

ok so I gather that the the tangled legs is the stress that needs to be unraveled, I think that is right on, but I cant figure out the spider, I have been fighting with an aunt and my cousin, and on top of that my 1 yr old is having more health problems on top of the ones he was born with. These dreams started when I was arguing with family and that was when there were 4 apiders, now that Im not talking to any of them and trying to focus on other things, there is only 1 spider. But I can't figure out the spider, it does not really remind me of anyone I know, but my aunt always tried to be the mother I never had, and the relationship did start to become overbearing especially when she started calling her self grandma to my son.So maybe she is the spider, but why? and what purpose does it serve for her to be the spider? anything I can do about it?

hi,
after what you have said,the spider may very well be a metaphor for the situation with your aunt,only you can really decide,
you must have made some positive decisions
to reduce the amount of spiders (things bugging you)
down to one,
i don't think its your aunt thats threatening to devour,but the repressed negative feelings about the situation,perhaps it is these feelings that need to be expressed(unwravelled) somehow,
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50-uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

Steve,
Tanks so much for your input, it has helped alot. I think Iam starting to get it now. Also this is a pretty awesome website, so much info! thanks for everything! -Samantha

stats from 7-14-10 to the present