Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
At an impasse?

Hi All,

Was looking over my dream journal, trying to spot if the dreams can answer why I haven’t recalled many dreams. For several months now I dream but recall very few. In reviewing the dreams & titles I see a repeating pattern of conflict, death and sex. Together they seem to describe an impasse or being stuck in a cycle of non acceptance of self & masculine aspect(s), and a need to find both within for union of balance. Any thoughts or recommend a resource on working through such a cycle? I understand posting just the titles is not much info but an overview of the repeating themes may provide enough for some insight & feedback.

1/2 Keeping Agreement & Not a Drug Addict
1/4 Out of Work & In Demand
1/6 Spiritual Retreat, Assemble a Carb, Murder, Moving & Misplaced Blame (long dream)
1/8 Fear & Punishment for Being Different Although Peaceful & Beautiful
1/10-1 Nelson Dying & Daughter's Inheritance
1/10-2 No Thanks, Not With Him
1/17 Unknown Cause of Death, Autopsy & Frustration
1/19-1 Night Journey, Accepting Differences & Lesbian Sex
1/19-2 Lettuce, Sex & Semen
1/26 Telepathic Lover
1/30 Orgy & Energy
2/1-1 Visitors from Dream Forum
2/1-2 Tomasa Found Half a Ride
2/1-3 Email, Business Closing
2/10 Flood, Old Man's Suicide & Retribution
2/15 2 Deaths & Meadow Mountaintop-repeat ref 2 Circles dream
2/23 Interview & Sounding Alarm

Thanks much,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: At an impasse?

Hi Kathy

For me when I have had those spells where I cannot recall my dreams I felt it was like being given a rest, perhaps to assimilate what I ahd been thinking, or to be able to attend to things in my waking life - I just watched, and the dreams returned; after all it is not the dreams per se that are important.
Sometimes I wonder if my psyche patiently is waiting for me as I catchup.

I had a dream about 'blockage' (in the water pipes of a pool ,,, I was swithcing the pump on and trying to force the flow ,,, only just in the past day or so did the penny drop. The real learning point of the dream was not the block or the pump that would brn out if I kept forcing - it was that I did not have the answer to the blockage, that I cannot fis the blockage myself, that 'outside' help was needed

Look for the patterns yes, but trust in the integrity of your own endeavours, and your psyche will do the rest - I reckon
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australai 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

kathy,
if its any consolation,i know how you feel,
i too am at an impasse,reflected in a few dreams of late,as leaving the road and getting bogged down in swamps.
in these same dreams i have made efforts to save myself but to no avail,they have all concluded with the same theme,waiting for help to come.
i wouldn't get to worried about not remembering your dreams,what is for you ,will not pass you by,
you will remember when you need to.
i have found that it is easy to suffer from withdrawal symptoms after dream work has been such a meaningful part of life,
sometimes we just need to call a halt and take stock,
i am sure you are aware that none of this stuff can be forced or speeded up,it all happens in its own time and in its own way,
a zen quote,
when the student is ready,the master appears.
regards steve.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m-uk

Kathy,
Comments on what Justin and Steve had to say. Of course both these very intelligent gentlemen are well versed in Jungian psyche and when they post there is knowledge. The Forum is fortunate to have such dedicated and gifted contributors.

"Well put Justin". We must not forget to include all aspects of life, including the least desired of any artisian, social duty. Do your best no matter what aspect and the 'Force' will be with you. The psyche seeks balance for the total integrated self. And there are helping hands within nature that lend themselves to you, this is the metaphyiscal. Thats what sets Jung apart {and Campbell}, he not only believed in but he documented the metaphysical aspect of the psyche. There is a spiritual {as different from religion}/ creative aspect within us all. And it is the bliss Campbell instructs us to follow.

Impasses. Steve is right, when you really need to remember your dreams they will avail themselves to you. Or you will forcefully set your mind to rememebering your dreams{I've done this a couple of times}, when you think you need to do so.

And how can I not address Kathy's post. She has been there when things get thin, interpreting dreams for all who seek support. Often that is what the Forum is, in many ways, a place that offers support. Kathy gives much of herself in this service. Her contributions are greatly appreciated.

The journey of the hero is an everyday task, just as it is for all of us. Our dreams are about our individual journey. What ever is happening in our life, with the accumulated influences of past exeperiences, is what the dream is addressing, projecting our own life's story on screen to our sleeping brains. After interpreting a dream and getting a good sense where it matches in the waking life, and the deeper and perhaps still undiscovered unconscious, put it into perspective. And remember, this is important, it's not the destination that counts, it's the journey. The often mundane tasks of each day are the accumulative results to come to pass.

From the list of your dreams the one constant that is prevelent is the opposites. But that's life; the conflicts, big and small. And there does seem to be a pattern of evolving, and growing. They are subtle in many ways but so is life. Seldom does the one big' change come all at once. It evolves.

Gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Justin & Steve,
Thank you both for your insight & support. This time has felt uneasy. Probably is withdrawal behind the uneasiness. It’s as though there’s a shape shifting or morphing going on and during the flux I’m uneasy because I can’t see or understand the new ‘form’ yet. Almost as though these dreams would clue me in but without recall I’m blind. Must be important for me (ego?!) not to know or understand yet. As you say I’m sure it’s timely and the reason will be apparent once this passes. I do have a tendency to push or attempt to 'forge ahead' when faced with an obstacle. Or maybe better put !

So, I’ll try to trust the Psyche, relax and remind myself to just leave off it.

Thanks again,
Kathy + = ?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: At an impasse?

Hi Kathy

I think there is something greater afoot at present - I too feel that I am in a major transition time and there is little I can do (on the outside).
On the inside I am trying to rejig my perspective to that of a blank canvas and see what emerges.
I have had insights into dreams that have been siting with me for some time (Years) - where I see the deeper issues the dreams were speaking of; and how limited my understanding. (The post referring to Marion Woodman was one of the synchronistic triggers).

This is longer than I intended - really wanted to convey that I feel 'somethings up" as Jerry would say ,,, and I think it is affecting more people than just me

All the best
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australai 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Gerard & Justin,
Excellent points to consider from everyone. I gratefully accept the insightful advice offered by all.

The social duty aspect is a factor. Recently much time spent ‘achieving’ at work taking away from Self work and Bliss. It is purposeful as the goal is a livable income with much more time to devote to Self and Bliss in the near future. And to this, you are correct in the metaphysical aspect! Those helping hands present as I have accomplished the goal & start a new position, fulfilling both desired aspects, with current employer in a few short months.

I’ll let it go until either it comes back or I feel a pressing need to force it. As the post to Steve & Justin, I’m unaccustomed to being ‘without sight’. Thanks for the Zen Steve. I now understand…I don’t fully understand. And with this is an opportunity for discovery, with patience it will present in good time.

And to Justin, yes, you mentioned some time ago feeling a global shift in consciousness on approach. Perhaps this is what many of us currently intuit. I like the idea of a blank canvass. It opens unlimited creative possibilities.

"What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other?" George Elliot

My contribution to the Forum is little enough. I can only follow where others have led. I feel service to others is a basic principle of living a gentle life.

With that said I will be absent a few more days due to work and what feels like strep throat coming on. Did anyone get the license plate of the truck that hit me?

Kind regards,
Kathy

stats from 7-14-10 to the present