Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Narrow corridor, 2 glass doors to houses/flats , broken glass

I dreamt of a long thin white coridor, excet it felt like analley i.e. outside, not inside.

At the end of the alley/corridor was a freosted glass door, which I took to be my home.

As I looked at the door from the corridor, ther was another door to its lft, set into teh long wall of the corridor (i.e. at 90 degrees to 'my' door)

I did not feel very comfortable there and knocked on the other glass door, hoping to gain entry.

It appeared to be some sort of club/night club, yet it didnot appear to be nighttime.

I am aware of a big male doorman blocking my entering. Teh door closed and then I looked agin at the door ant the glass in the (club) door weas smashed.

Except that it was not smashed as normal glas would have been, not erally even as safety glass woud have been, although I ermember thinking in my deram that it was like safety glass, and almost thought I oculd detect the meshing which consitutes fire door glass.

The glass had imploded into teh building from the door, but appeared to be moer like molten perspex, i.e. looked like suspended animation.

The 'glass' appeared liquescent, yet looked as if it had been blown in as there was a big hole in the middle of the top half of the door, with the 'molten ' bits frayed all around the outside. Looked like a freeze framed picture of a glass door being blwon in, but with no fragments of the material, just the molten appearance.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Femaile

Re: Narrow corridor, 2 glass doors to houses/flats , broken glass

Hi S,

Sorry for the delayed response, sometimes the dreams take some thought and are not served by a hasty response.

On one hand your dream reminds me of the reports of 'near death experiences', with the long white corridor. It is a passageway, something that connects two worlds.
It is describing the way things are ,,, probably both in waking life as well as in the other dimensions. Are you in a transition of some sort at present ?
The frosted door, the safety glass nature is like a barrier that we cannot see through clearly or break through, yet it is a barrier all the same.

Taking this further, the dream addresses your relationship to these barriers.
As a woman the 'glass ceiling' phenomenon may be familiar to you.
However there may be more to it than that - how do you relate to your intuitive side / the feminine aspects of you?
I am guessing that these aspects make you feel uncomfortable. Rather than look at these aspects you prefer to get on with what is going on in your life.,,, as you may want to now, but something is preventing you.
How do you relate to authority figures ? What are the barriers in your life - do you feel obstructed by those more powerful than you (be it people, or organisations whose structure is around power)?

Any thoughts ? your feed back may allow me to be more specific.
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

I haveposted here before with info about my situation and it is understood that 'authority/the system' is the cause of my problems - so yes I do now have a problem with 'authority; which is not 'in my head' but a reality. This in turn has made me wake up to the fact that justice is not always served, wrongs are not always rectified and that corruption such as that which I and my son have been subject to, is almost impossible to overcome.

The only way forward is to trust my instincts - not the imposed androcratic system and its unnaccountable nature - which I didnt trust - but once you are trapped by the 'machine' you can try beingheard, but it does not work.

Yes you are correct - a transition is taking place - I no longer feel frozen with trauma and terror and have regained the strength to move on.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Femaile

Re: Re: Narrow corridor, 2 glass doors to houses/flats , broken glass

Hi S,

I did not look back at the prior posts, although I wondered if you were the same person who has posted here some time ago.
I tried to just look at the dream as it was - letting you put it into your context.

Does the 'door on the left' mean anything to you ? It seems to represent 'another way'

wishing you well
JC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Justin

Thank you for your insight.

One could say that any door represented an alternative route/other way, although with two present in the dream ,one being a perceived 'home' albeit an undesirable position/place (in both the dream and in waking life) and the other being an alternative.

I understand the breach of the barrier, i.e. the broken glass, but the freeze framed, almost liquescent glass - maybe this implies a flex in the situation - that all is not as impermeable as once believed, that one does not need to necessarily smash ones way thorugh, but that opportunities will open up (quite literally in this case as there was a gaping hole in the door!).

In the dream, I remember being transfixed by the fact that the door was broken at all as it seemed impenetrable and also, as I have mentioned just now, the actual visual aspect of it - broken door glass just does not look like this in waking life (unless it is molten, perhaps).

I will say that in recent weeks the fog has cleared in my waking life and I have been able to really get on with collating legal evidence etc. This situation really was not 'just in my head' it is a very real and debilitating situation and those concerned have been relentless in their pursuit of control/power/abuse of both my child and me.
(the abuse has not stopped, Ive just managed to claw my way out of the mire, so to speak and distance myself from the immediate, traumatising and paralysing effects of it all)

Hi S

There is obviously a lot in this in so many ways. It is no easy task, and you are certainly 'doing your bit'.

What you say is interesting because glass structurally is not a solid, rather it is a liquid ! it is in infintesimally slow movement. This is why very old windows (with less 'structural integrity' than the current glass) shows waves in it.
So there may be more to the analogy than initially seems.

The 'door to the left' may be a reference to the feminine, intuitive, unconscious. It is similar to the fork in the road, the high - low road etc so I thought there may be something in it.

good luck
JC

Thanks Justin

I always say that nothing remains in stasis 9although it may seem like it!)

The slow changes in the glass are perhaps indicative of the extremely slow (!) changes/developments in my situation.

Fluidity exists in all things - even if at first one cannot perceive it - as with glass. This is reinforced in the dream by the blown out/liquescent appearance of the glass.

Justin

Is glass a liquid or a solid?

I have just been reading an article regarding this subject matter, which may interest you and others.

math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/general/Glass/glass.html

Hi S

Thanks for the pointer, I got onto this link via the Australian mirror site.

part of the Conclusion ,,,, "another state of matter which is neither liquid nor solid' ,,, the experts + your dream put it much better than I did.

Although it was suggested in the article that we should use everryday experience to define something I am hesitant ,,,, (it is like 'common sense') ...

JC

stats from 7-14-10 to the present