Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brunette Little Sister

I'm writing a letter to a group of people (I think they are all men) asking for help for my little sister but no one wants to help her because she is not blonde.

I'm not sure what this dream means to me on a personal level, but maybe on the collective unconscious level it is speaking out against racism, and expressing my solidarity with my 'sister's of color', all over the globe? Maybe it is also commenting about sexism???

Thanks,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Brunette Little Sister

Hi May
The amazing creation that is dream, is often able to have multiple messages depending on the perrspective.
As you mention - the collective, or social
yet also often also on the personal level.

It is incredible how dreams can do this

So 'discrimination' yes but could it be your (inner) discrimination ....?

So - are you fair haired / blonde; if so this woman may represent yr shadow.
In the dream are you writing the letter or observing ?
And the letter ,,,, seeking to communicate with your 'little sister' ,,,( who now might have grown up ie: an outdated view about the feminine perhaps ?).

See how it feels?
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: Brunette Little Sister

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the insightful comments and questions.

My dream sister is probably part of me...a younger or more youthful part of me...maybe inner child...or an apect of my shadow... In other dreams I've had of her she has been young, but I did have a dream once when she was the same age as my adult sister and was helping me get dresses in a store and boxes off high shelves, which is interesting because in real life, even though I find my sister helpful there too...I don't really trust her. She waited a few months to tell me my grandmother died for example...among other mean behaviors. Maybe on one level the dream is telling me my sister's attitude towards me in real life has changed for the better.

On the inner level I think I'm going through a positive change as well. I am the one writing the letter, as an advocate of her, and I'm trying to help her. I'm not sure exactly that she represents my shadow. Maybe she does in that I wrote down all the things I don't like about her (my real life sister, after the dream) in real life...and decided that if I dislike these traits so much...then by using common (Psychological) sense, these traits must be mine as well and lurking in the shadows...so I'm growing and facing and integrating unpleasant aspects of my self.

Maybe addressing a group of men represents how I feel about who has authority (men), who has the power to make change in the world (men). Maybe it is speaking about my unconscious views of power, authority and change. On an inner level, it tells me something there is out of balance...why aren't there any women in the group.....why is it just the guys who are in charge.

Writing a letter says alot about communication, eloquence, officialness...it's a very serious endeavor. Is it also a 'feminine' thing...communication...building connections...actually it just came to mind that the act of writing the letter had to integrate feminine and masculine traits to get a job done...

Thanks,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present