Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Past Me and Present Me Colliding

I was in Target with my mom and I found these bonsai tree seeds that I really wanted. But now I needed the special soil for them so we all went to the back of the store and I decided that I would rather go to the mall. So I walked out (Target and the mall we basically conjoined) and I was in the mall. I thought that I'd better tell my mom but the door I came in was a one way door and I couldn't get out, plus there were officers there that I feared. So I walked to the middle of the mall and climbed a golden ladder. I was at the top and I looked at someone and started spinning uncontrollably. Then if I would look at someone else I would slow down and so on. So I get down and my mom is down there.

"How did you find me?" I asked.

"They gave me this." She said and handed my a security video tape. So somewhere I popped it into a VCR and watched it. But at the same time I was litterally there, so it was kind of like I went back in time. Now I was staring at the door where I came in. I watched all these random people walk by and I was like, "Where am I?" Suddenly I walk in and look in the direction that the present me was standing. My mouth dropped open and I let in this gigantic sigh and turned my head very fast and walked in the opposite direction. I thought my past me had seen the present me but it became apparent that I didn't.

This dream, I believe, is full of symbols. Like for example, the one way door. Does anyone have an idea? I found the dream funny and still laugh at it! I think I woke up laughing.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 WV

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Past Me and Present Me Colliding

Steven,
Some thoughts follow.

Target, there with mother: The overall theme of the dream, targeting the relationship with your mother, how you may now be developing new levels of independence and seeking your own identity as a normal stage of development.

Bonsai tree seeds: Normal trees that through meticulous & specific care techniques are shaped into miniature versions of full size of the same species. Exactly the same on a smaller scale. Perhaps an unconscious recognition in many ways we are much like our parents as we are rooted in their teachings. Also a reference to how the mother cares for (shelter, guidance, protection, etc) and greatly contributes/shapes the psychological aspect of her children.

One way door could be passage with no return combined with authority figures. Could symbolize passage from childhood to teen years and natural development of the internal authority that marks this passage. No going back...Perhaps you have mixed feelings about making this passage, of gradual independence, shown as desiring to return to her, not leaving her behind for fear of her feelings of abandonment although this is a normal stage in the relationship. And possibly a desire to communicate with her these thoughts and feelings.

Climbing golden ladder may symbolize this new development in your life, step by step, toward becoming an adult and also toward developing your individual Self, leaving behind some of those external lessons as you now gain a greater understanding and wider grasp on the world. Spinning may refer to being overwhelmed or confused, both about the wider world in general and possibly this stage of growth with exactly what is correct for you now.

The security tape could hold possible dual symbolism:
1. Reference to your unconscious and dreams. The unconscious records what the conscious deems nonessential and what the conscious does not record due to the ‘sensory overload’. Dreams being the unconscious communication of what those unconscious records.
2. Looking back over and examining the past, possibly a reference to your roots and upbringing, in how and what you bring with you from childhood. In that what is really you and what were you taught that no longer fits in this stage.

Walking in the opposite direction could be indicative of needing to or already engaged in positive actions and growth, away from childhood and toward adulthood.

Your feedback on the interpretation and your dream would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Okay...I'm going to look at this paragraph by paragraph...

I do wish that I could have more freedoms. Like for example, going out into town with some friends. I just don't really get that. Not really because of my mom, but because my friends aren't the type to go hang out for hours.

I do see some of my parents in myself...I think that answers that paragraph...

Yes! The one way door! Latley I have hated growing up! Most of the time I just want to go back to being a little kid. When there was no responsibilty and no worries. Growing up brings way to much of that!

I do feel overwhelmed in growing up. There is so much...Too much to it. Sometimes I want to play pretend games with my past friends again!

I have been doing some 'remembering' lately. I think back to when I was very young and I really want some of that back.

All in all, I do feel as if I had a positive childhood. Nothing bad ever really happened.

I feel as if the over all dream has to do with not wanting to grow up. Which does make sense to the way I have been feeling. There are ups and downs to growing up and the downs feel much heavier than the ups...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 WV

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Steven,
Thank you for your response. As this is a learning forum your response supports our education here. It's only by dreamer feedback we know if our skills or insight progress.

There are days I could do without the level of adult responsiblity required of me. But I must say the positive moments greatly outnumber the negative ones. If it's any encouragement, the older I get the better life is for me. And yes, it can be confusing, even now I sometimes struggle with overload. Learning to listen to the inner Self, the inner voice, will guide and support your journey in ways that will become apparent years from now.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present