Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
father

havent seen father or talked to him in 14 years in my dream dad looked sick sitting in chair i was laying in hospital dr hit me on left side of stomach to see if i was numb enough to cut me to take my kidney i still wasnt numb enough to cut so they started to incubate me(put breathing tube down throat) all i remember

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33,midwest

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: father

Jonele,

The dream may be describing a part of you that has been hurt by a past experience which now repressed have become deep emotional issues that act as a filter (kidney) altering your Self or self perception. That consciously you may have attempted to repress this so deeply you would not feel the pain associated with the experience. Although repressed emotions and experiences don’t stay repressed, they surface in imperceptible ways to negatively affect our lives. Therefore, not numb enough, can’t be forgotten or repressed. Must be uncovered and healed. Intubate (the breathing tube) may be a form of life support, keeping you alive although unconscious. Do you engage in self destructive or risk behaviours to numb the emotional pain, if any, you may feel? Possibly serious childhood experiences. The Dr could be an inner healing aspect that would assist in identifying and assisting the inner Self in resolving, diagnosing then removing, the source of this serious issue.

Please respond with your thoughts and any additional information that might assist in the interpretation. Even if this interpretation doesn’t feel right. Perhaps we can continue to look deeper at this and find an interpretation that seems to fit with you.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

hi kathy,
as a child i was very close to my dad, now that i don't have any contact with him is very painful. i miss him so much. our relatioship went down hill when he married my best friend from high school, michelle. michelle controls my dad and that is why i don't have contact with him. they have been together since we've gratuated high school (1992). for the kidney, my mother had a kidney transplant in 1986 and needs to have another one at this point. do you think this has something to do with the dream of my dad? i understand your reply to my dream, but i am still confused about it. no, i am not self destructive in any way. i have a good life despite the hurt i feel from my dad.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 midwest

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

hey Jonelle,

this dream seems to be really affected by what your mother is going through. Maybe you are substituting your mother for your father in the dream; what you replied to Kathy about your father being under the control of your friend....like your mother fighting the disease, she's being controlled by the disease.
and as far as you being checked out by the doctors, etc. a feeling of helplessness that is beyond your control and you want to do whatever you can, but have to do it by other peoples methods....or else, the whole dream could mean your boyfriend is gay :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30/milwaukee

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

NICE!!!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 midwest

Jonele,

Thank you for your response, additional personal information and patience in receiving this reply. I apologize for the prior unclear interpretation. The additional information you gave is a great help.

The desire to have a relationship with your father may be on life support, so to speak. You may currently be contemplating whether or not you even want to renew this relationship as the pain is still with you. The dream seems to be affirming there is still an inner desire to reconcile as you still care deeply for him. (left being emotions, not numb enough symbolizing still caring & anatomically the kidney is very deep in the body) Perhaps you’re mulling different ways you might approach him or get the desired result (kidney) however you may feel emotionally unable to embark on this attempt to reconcile and heal the relationship possibly due feelings of vulnerability and inner resistance which act to prevent you from speaking out to him (intubate). As your former friend’s influence is the source of your father’s actions of withholding love may be the source of the desire to detach from the situation. The kidney as a dual symbol of purification, filtration, in that this issue needs resolved to remove these negative emotions.

It is a difficult situation and you have my deepest consideration and support. It appears you may have conflicting emotions regarding your father and whether or not you want to reconcile. Who wouldn’t!? Perhaps taking time to reflect on what you really want, to reconcile or heal & leave it in the past and move forward, is what the unconscious is communicating. That these conflicting emotions are a source of emotional pain within your Self and need addressed and healed so you can approach life without the emotional baggage you carry from the experience.

I hope this helps. And again, thank you for responding and for the personal information. Many times the conscious mind recognizes an overall connection but it’s the unconscious that spells it out for us, in symbolic language, in a way that reveals our innermost unconscious thoughts and emotions. The unconscious pulls pieces of events from our waking life due to the emotions and/or thoughts attached to the waking life experience, so dream images are usually symbolic rather than literal That your unconscious chose to utilize your mother’s illness to describe the situation with your father is not uncommon. It represents the pain, fear, history (that it also happened prior), close relationship, etc. And potential for healing.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present