Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
a chick, a rooming house, a stolen check, my dead grandma and Jon Stewart

I was living ina rooming house, on the second floor.
A girl I know---not too well---was there and she was waiting for the mail. She knew that I was going to be getting a check (I think it was a large amount of money, I'm not sure). As soon as the check came, she snagged it from the mail-box and forged my signature on it and tried to cash it at the office of the rooming house. The owner of the rooming house refused to cash it saying that he knew me and that he knew that I would never trust her.

Then, I went to the first floor of the rooming house and my grandma who had just passed recently was sitting on a couch in the lobby. She looked happy and healthy and better than she had since I could ever remember and she was sitting with a guy. She intoduced me to the older man. He seemed nice. I left the rooming house, knowing I had to get to work.

Once out of the building, I realized that I was back in New York. At work, I told couple of my buddies that I finally met my grandpa, but inside I knew that he wasn't my REAL grandpa. Then, I began to load my work truck when Jon Stewart showed up, looked at me loading my truck and said he liked my work and that I
should download it on an IPod and send it too him and he could get me more money. I seemed kind of happy about it, then realized I don't own an IPod, I'm not exactly sure what an IPod is and, even though I know it has something to do with music, I wondered how I was supposed to download a screenplay onto it and send it to him.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30/milwaukee

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: a chick, a rooming house, a stolen check, my dead grandma and Jon Stewart

Hi Jeff,

This dream may be referring to your attitudes to the feminine - see what you feel, or what it brings up.

Rooming house - some temporary state that you have adopted, or taken on temporarily.
* the girl (part of you feminine aspect, or your anima)
* money - power
,,, you feel she wants it. You feel she is going to steal your 'power' (well what the material world views as power).
In this temporary state of the rooming house (not your True state) you do not trust this feminine aspect of yourself, and likely do not deeply trust women in general.
Where did you learn this? and how deep does it go ?

The next level - where you could go, you find a symbol of Unity (the masculine and feminine) : indeed a symbol of the 'Grand Mother' ,,, depending on your attitudes to your grandma ,,,,

But that is not for you just yet - you have life to live and probably things to learn ('work to be done').

You feel that you are worth more ,,,, a 'higher power' values you more than you are currently value yourself.
(I do not know who Jon Stewart is - what does he represent for you ?; is he a symbol of power or well balanced attitude?)
The iPod may be a symbol of the 'technology' that is required to store and communicate the 'energy' of the transformative process / the music of life. This could mean the technology of any practice that has spiritual meaning to you. However you are lacking this technology / knowledge.

As you know, dreams reflect and comment on aspects of the dreamers psyche, life and development at any given time and need to be interpreted in that light.
I am interested in your thoughts and so your feedback would be helpful to me - it may shed more light on appropriate interpretations

good luck
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: a chick, a rooming house, a stolen check, my dead grandma and Jon Stewart

hey justin,

thanks for the reply. It's hard to say if the dream goes that deep, I'm not sure. The chick who stole my check----I suddenly realized that two important things (I was robbed twice in the last year-----both I believe by women), one of which was in a rooming house I lived in in New York. And I'm starting to think that seeing my grandma was just my subconcious telling me that she is all right (after all, she had died weeks before the dream---and in the dream, she wasn't sick or limited pyshically as I have known her all my life---she looked healthy and happy and it seemed as if she had connected with her husband? (I have always wondered about my Grandpa because he died before I was born-----maybe the feeling of not thinking he was my real grandpa in the dream was myt mind telling me that he was a different person in real life? I'm not sure. He seemed friendly and warm and loving in the dream and he and my grandma had divorced a LONG time ago...) Jon Stewart is a celebrity on Comedy Central; I have been a big fan of his comedy from when he was just starting his career and when he finally started getting movie roles and his own television show, I remember being real excited for him....the same way he was talking about "my work" (which I'm wondering is either my stand-up comedy or my screenwriting is the same way I used to think of his work before he made it big...maybe I'm having a hard time lately, and I'm just trying to give myself a pat on the back and trying to tell myself to stop being too self-critical?
The Ipod? I have NO idea. Maybe you're right. Either way, thanks for the input.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30/milwaukee

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Re: Re: a chick, a rooming house, a stolen check, my dead grandma and Jon Stewart

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your response and thoughts - both about my interpretation and how the dream fits for you, which after all is what it is all about.

keep mulling the dream over and often, evenafter years other meanings emerge ,,, in those 'ah ha' momnets

best wishes
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

stats from 7-14-10 to the present