Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Nightmare

Two guys that my boyfriend knows will be staying with us for “awhile”. They just moved here and need a place to stay. One of them is driving me nuts and giving me attitude. I say, “This mess is making me crazy!” and he says, “Woah! Chill out!” Then there is someone in our house (but it is a three story building) and we are running for our lives. He is a murderer, but a familiar one (from a movie?). After a long struggle, we all run from the house. We get split up. I run as long and far as I can. I don’t know where to go. I have nothing with me. I am in my pajamas with no blanket and no money. I come across some homeless people and ask to use a cell phone. One is mentally ill and hands me a video camera. I am confused. His friend says, “Just use it.” Smiling. I try and it works. I call Dad. He says, “Just come home.” He will come and get me. I call 911. I tell them there is a murderer and give them our address. He asks my name and when I tell him he says that I am the murderer and am wanted for arrest. Next we are all on a boat, a ferry going to Napa (my hometown). I know he is coming. I know he will find us somehow. my boyfriend is with me but can’t help me. I am chosen to sing a song in front of passengers. I know this is a ploy to get me out of my hiding spot on the floor between the seats. They insist and pull me out. There are others doing it too. I go into a room to get ready for the performance. My hair is wet. I comb it out and try to get my bangs to look right. The man comes. There is a fight, and the next few moments are a blur. I get a hanger and straighten out the metal part and give it to my boyfriend to stab him. All of the sudden, The Man is weakened. We wrap him in a sleeping bag and tie it. The tie keeps slipping and we can’t get it to stay tied. He will get out if he can. The police come for us. We go out the front door and surrender. We say, “Please just keep him away from us.” And the cop tells my boyfriend. “You have no respect for human life. You demand respect but you don’t give it. You killed that man!”
I wake up with the feeling of intense fear.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24, Santa Rosa, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: A Nightmare

Hi Lindie

There is always a message in nightmares - something that needs to be addressed. Unfortunately fear often keeps us from facing what needs to be faced - as you wrote you woke up within intense fear.

I think this dream is speaking of inner conflict within you.

Is this to do with your relationship with your boyfriend ? I an not sure. I think it is more internal.
It may have to do with balance of masculine and feminine, however I do not feel this is the main issue.

It seems there is something (significant) that is really bothering you ( ,,, some 'mess driving you crazy").

You may be running from something that you need to address. You may not be consciously aware that you are doing this (was this dream set in the night? were you running in the night?) .
So you are looking for some way back (home). Back home to your true self - you are looking for some way to reconnect (the phone). You know the way to 'call home' however your rational mind doesn't believe these ways will do anything ,,, however irrational the means of 'reconnecting home' seem, the dream shows that they can work.

You are hiding your true self (perhaps through fear), and life (the others) are trying to draw you out - or perhaps you feel that you are currently living your life as a performance ie: not as you really are, because others request / demand it of you.

In your dream that you are repressing (tying up and trying to kill) 'The Man'; he seems separate to the police (authority) - whom you turn to for help in a passive way. What part of you does "The Man" represent ??? What part of your are you repressing ??

I am interested in your thoughts and feelings on my interpretation - your feedback may help to clarify the dream more for you.

wishing you well
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: Re: A Nightmare

WOW! Thank you so much for your reply. I am not sure what part of my true self I may be repressing. In fact, I am persuing my dream of psychology in school right now and I am graduating next month. For the first time in my life, I feel that I am not supressing my true self, but nurturing it.

I don't think this is an issue with my boyfriend. The feeling that I got from the dream was that we were fighting an issue together. We were the only ones fighting "against the world" so to speak.

Also, the "night" question. That is strange that I do not remember if it is day or night! I would assume it is day because I don't remember any darkness in the dream.

As far as trying to connect with my true self...I have started to record and interpret my dreams in the last few months in order to learn about myself. I have not made any deep revelations about my deepest self but a few connections with life situations that come and go. Maybe I am unconsciously repressing what these dreams are trying to tell me. (?)

Thank you so much for taking some time to read my dream and help me to work with it.

Lindie

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: Re: A Nightmare

Hi Lindie

Thank you for getting back - it makes all the difference. What is the point of offering an interpreation if it is way off the mark and of no use. Dreams after all must have a 'purpose' (a very rational notion).

Can I ask what in the interpretaion resonated for you?

From a Junian perspective the characters in dreams be representative of different aspects of youyrselves and can represent and commnet on issues in the outer world as well .... amazing.
So the boyfriend in your dream can represent both the boyfriend in waking life and the masculine aspects of your psyche (animus) all wrapped up in a tale that comments on waking life and inner life.
In the dream you were on the same side which is great.
However ,,, as you titled the dream - Nightmare ,,, it is likely there is something rumbling around that wants attention. Watch for recurring themes in your dreams

Go for it,
Justin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Nightmare

My boyfriend is often a partner in my dreams, but last night I had a dream that I had a 10 year old son. I don't know how I knew he was 10, but I am sure that he was. Also, we were on a quest of some kind, but the details are lost to me now. This is a reoccurring theme: "trying to get somewhere" with a male "sidekick" who is normally my boyfriend but last night was a son of mine (I don't currently have children)...

Interesting...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Nightmare

Hi Lindie

Do you know about the animus (anima for men) ? It may be worth looking at some of the links + info on this site
and perhaps also the concept of wholeness from a Jungian perspective

Justin

stats from 7-14-10 to the present