Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dead friend driving

I had a dream that i was shopping and my friend drove by me and parked a car. I went over to her told her how good she looked and was amazed she was driving. She showed me her leg, which had been swollen, was a normal size. When I tried to get in hte car with her she wouldn't let me in she just smiled and I woke-up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36yrs. NC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} fem.

Re: dead friend driving

Hi Denise,

Although it’s best to have some background information about the dreamer and what comes to mind about the dream images (plus what happened the day before the dream), here are a couple of ideas that might relate to your dream’s meaning.

If the death of your friend was recent, then your dream could be a sort of looking at the truths of life and death in order to bring some comfort to you. She is well, “restored”, “able to get around” on another plane perhaps, but you’re still on the earthly plane and can’t join her (won’t let you in the car).

Dreams related to death often contain this idea that some part of the psyche lives on after death in some way, but just how is the big question! If you were close to your friend and she died recently, the dream may a simple expression of comfort and strength coming from deep inside, saying that “she’s OK”, and that sadness at her passing can exist along with happiness in knowing that she’s at rest.

Hi Denise

As you may know dreams speak to the dreamer, and not the person interpreting. Dreams are likely commenting on aspects of both your outer, waking life and inner life - you need to put the dream into context - if you feedback then a clearer picture may emerge.

Also these shorter dreams can require quite a deal of work on the dreamers part to get to the meaning - it is probably worth keeping a dream journal to see the themes that repeat so you can get a better idea of what you inner self is trying to convey.

Some thoughts _
Have you recently come to some improved resolution with yourself ? ,, this may have to do with how you relate to yourself or how you think about yourself, or how you feeel you move about in the world.
This prrocess may not have gone as far as you would like - why did you want to get into her car?
Any thoughts about the swollen leg ?

Your thoughts?
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

ps

Hi Denise

Why did you title the post - dead friend driving ???

JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Denise,

Often, our dream images are lost or hidden and respects aspects of ourselves, or characteristics in our inner life, important parts of the Self that our unconcious is longing to connect us with.

Have you been searching for something important in your inner or outer waking life? Is there a part of you or your life that you thought was 'dead' or long gone, or that you wanted to put to rest? Maybe it is trying to connect with you again...get your attention..

Maybe it was a part of you that you thought was 'dead' and also injured, but as you saw your friend's leg; "it had returned to normal". Does any of this fit with your waking life experiences or inner life searching in regards to aspects of your personality and your relationship to your self?

That your friend wouldn't let you into her car...maybe you need to acknowledge this part of you...but not let it (this part of you) 'take you for a ride', or 'carry you away'?

If this interpretation resonates with you, perhaps there is a part of you you were denying and yet by doing so you felt something missing and went 'shopping' searching for it, and when you found it you found out it wasn't so bad, but that you had to just acknowlege with without letting it control or take over your whole psyche...i.e. 'not let me get into the car.'

I say all this because generally dreams are trying to help us heal all the lost parts of our personality...to show our ego that what we think is 'I' isn't all that there is, that there was a time when we were very young we had a sense of wholeness and deep connection to our entire SELF, but as ego development expanded, we lost touch with those other uniting parts of ourself and our unconscious holds their energy for us, waiting for a reunification. Losing parts of self can also come when those parts are rejected by our families or societies, or as a result of trauma, or loss.

Hope you find what you are looking for. Hope this helps. It would help me to know to if my interpretation is in anyway resonating with you. Good luck.

Best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Denise,

I meant to write repressed, not respect, parts of ourselves in the beginning of my reply.

May

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Denise,

Here is a common theme of your dream...your friend who passed away won't let you get too close to her..either to sit next to her on her bed, or in her car in the passenger seat next to her...

Maybe there is part of you that you are unable to get close to.. maybe something in your waking life is showing you what is happening in your inner life.

Please let me know if these interpretations resonated with you. This will help me become better at dream interpretation.

Thanks,
May

stats from 7-14-10 to the present