Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
night/day, guys/gals, busride, limestone/marble cows, brown/blonde hair

It is nighttime.

I get on the bus.

I sit in the first or second row. I'm concerned about any creepy guys getting on and sexually harrassing me or groping me. I wonder if I should move closer to the front, sit closer to the driver.

Eventually, two women get on. They seem to be seated behind me. They are telling a story- more like the woman on the right- to a child or baby who isn't there.

There are now two guys in the front of the bus.The woman is saying something about cows in the landscape. The guy is like, yeah, right, what cows.

Throughout this time, I'm looking out the window intermitantly. It is night in the bus-but outside, it is day.

We pass by a beautiful creme colored stone. It is natural, organic, rising up from the ground. The landscape outside is natural- but it isn't a desert, or mountainous or wilderness. It is composed of the same material as the one large stone. It is as if long ago their was a sea, or this landscape existed before oceans. It was so old-ancient. The rock is the color of bones, white, yellow, blended into creme. It is organic, alive.

So, when the men are making their running commentary I see that there are now two of these rocks, past the single one, and the bottom half of each one is carved into the shape of cows, four legs, tail, kinda cute. They are huge. Only the bottom half is carved out.

Now I realise that I was facing these women. They are really pretty. The guys were sitting behind me, by the driver. They were making sarcastic comments on what the girls were saying.

The girl on the left had brown hair, medium length and an oval face with classic features, like a roman bust.

The girl on the right had a small, heart shaped face, dark blonde hair, was very pretty with round brown eyes that had an almond shape and were set with the ends pointing up and outwards, slightly and were very curvy, pronounced almond shape. She had a very light and gentle manner.

Both of them had been trying to pluck a hair off my left side of my forehead the whole time- when the girl on the right got it she showed it to me and said to me, look, one side is shiny golden reddish brown almost red and the other side is blonde. So I tried to explain to them why my hair is the color it is.

After this I am in an apartment that I don't know. I hear the upstairs neighbors speaking very clearly, something about drinking Pepsi. Only just slightly muffled. I think great, I can hear them so well then they can hear me better because I think I am loud. I feel I have no privacy from my neighbors, then I wake up.

My interpretation:

A lot of the symbols have contrasts, thats why I wrote the title as I did. Also, being night in the bus rather than out the window, maybe I'm in the dark about something, or seeing my unconscious in a new light, or being shown my conscious way of being differently. I think the landscape is about my unconscious.

The closest type of stone in my dream that the landscape presented is limestone. So some facts about limestone that I found fascinating, especially as Jung said that the stone symbol represents the SELF, maybe I can get clues what my self is like:

10% of the earth's sedimentary rocks are formed of limestone. It forms by direct crystalization from water (seawater) or shells, bones, sand, mud, and skeletons of marine vertebrates. It is composed of dolomite, aragonite and calcite. It forms from the precipitation of calcium carbonate from water. Most limestone is formed with the help of living organisms. Limestone is easily weathered and eroded. When it undergoes metamorphism it becomes marble. Marble is a recrystalized limestone formed when limestone is softened by heat and pressure and has a different mineral composition from limestone. It is used for buildings, cathedrals and other religious monuments (like in ancient Egypt) throughout human history. When weathered it cracks, forms potholes, caves, caverns.

Sorry for the science lesson but I think its relevant to the interpretation. I discovered all this info after the dream. Its interesting that I thought this landscape existed before oceans. Also, the cows seemed more like marble and the single stone like limestone.

Perhaps processing emotions is a big clue for 'formation' of the self...since limestone is formed from sea water (unconscious, emotions), and bones of marine life...shells..very interesting analogy.

my associations with cows is that I think they are cute, valuable animals for a number of reasons, peaceful, chew their cud a lot, make great scenes in farm landscapes.

These cows were not fully formed. I also am not sure about the connection between cows and the limestone. They were incompleted cow sculptures.

The guys on the bus ended up not being as threatening as I thought they'd be but they were annoying.

I don't understand the part about the hair needing to be plucked, why I have a hair growing out of my forehead, temple area, a single hair (like the single rock coming out of the ground) with multi-colors, and why these two ladies needed to pluck it out for me and show it to me.

Also, the contrast between the busride/landscape and the apartment/upstairs neighbor. Maybe nature vs. civilization....needing to be myself more and have space to do so...related to trying to figure out my myers-briggs type?...

Any ideas please,
Thanks so much
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: night/day, guys/gals, busride, limestone/marble cows, brown/blonde hair

May,
Some thoughts to your dream questions follow…

The hair may symbolize the external/ego/persona as perceived by inner feminine aspects. The two colors possibly a comparative analysis of inner and outer aspects.

The contrasts may, again, be relevant to inner, inner Self, and outer, ego/persona, aspects.

Inside the bus, the Self, is lit, perhaps focusing work on inner aspects. The outer Self, the interface with the external, is dim, possibly not seeing the external aspect, ego/persona as it too relates to Self and Self work. In that Self work is in both arenas, internal and external. Also, perhaps a two way street: from the internal is the external; from the external is the internal. They are companions and compliments, each effecting the other. Work focused solely on the internal leaves the external unattended creating an imbalance as the external input, which affects the internal Self work, may remain distorted.

The apartment may be an aspect you have yet to fully discover or realize. Possibly masculine intellect overpowers feminine intuitive. Intellect can act as an artificial stimulant, seemingly assisting although actually effecting a block in Self work. The lack of privacy could indicate intellect aids ego in blocking self awareness, self knowledge, in dream interpretation. The intellect effectively silences the intuitive closing off the inner Self from inspection and evaluation by the feminine intuitive.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Re: night/day, guys/gals, busride, limestone/marble cows, brown/blonde hair

Hi May,

night time - this dream may be addressing things of which you are not consciously aware.
Overall, especially given your past dreams, I am not sure if this dream is primarily 'social commentary' (ie the preception of the world with respect to the feminine), or your a reflection of your inner world.
That is the bus is a public entity ,,,, (just like the park in one of your other dreams) and the dream may be commenting on the preceptions 'from inside the bus' ie the preceived reality of the populus on the way things really are (daylight outside). Likely the dream has many levels of meaning, as you know.

The bus seats remind me of the pews in a church.
Cows - the feminine; "yeah sure what feminine, I can's see no feminine out there." ,,,

The stone - arising out of the earth is a symbol of the masculine in Hinduism, and as you rightly say, also of the Self arising out of ,,,,

The aspects of the feminine - the women are somewhat opposites - one blonde (seems asian/ eurasian), one brown (classic western) - the mix of east and west ? the juxtaposition of Eastern and Western aspects?
Hair comes out of our head ,,, ideas, thoughts, the rational mind. The forehead is the location of the 'third eye', the sixth chakra ... so (admixtures of the feminine from both lineages) getting your thoughts out of the way of true insight and knowledge.

There are dreams that describe the way things really are - in the world beyond that which we can see - this dream seems to have aspects of this. Such dreams are a great way to have a clearer more personalised understanding of the mysteries of life. You have looked at how limestone is created ,,, why should we be any different
This is in addition ito the personal relevance the dreams meeanings may have to your inner world.

As always, Iwould appreciate your (digested ,,, ruminated) thoughs ,,, I am thinking about the cows
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Kathy,

Thank you so much for your reply. I really like what you wrote about the apartment being a new aspect/new consciousness that am developing. That really resounated with me. It means all this self work I'm doing to understand my inner life development is starting to pay off, as I discover new aspects of myself and also develop entirely new ones.

Yes, I am probably overintellectualizing in a lot of ways and maybe too focused on the inner world. Kind of like the farmer who plants a seed and then keeps digging up the soil to see if its growing already.....need to stop doing that if that is the case.

I need to reread your response and reply to the rest later. There is a lot there.
Thank you so much Kathy for your help.

May

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your reply. Interestingly the motif of 'East meets West' happens a lot in my dreams, I think this is something worth looking at. In a way, many Eastern cultures have teachings that value being rather than doing, and this feminine way of being maybe be some new development I'm experiencing, rather than just trying to do so much...in both the inner and outer worlds.

The cows are also not fully formed. Interesting that they represent the feminine aspects.... also, maybe I'm ruminating too much on things...and engaging in hair splitting....similar ideas to what Kathy presented in her reply.

The forehead region symbolizes a lot, third eye, intellect, more...

I think there is a lot to your reply and I will need to digest some more and give a considered respones...

Thank you so much,
May

Glad there were some threads to follow in my post - I think ruminating over the dreams is a great way to digest them fully

Justin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Hi Kathy and Justin,

There is so much in your replies and this dream. I just posted some replies and another dream, so I need some time but I will come back to this dream as well.
Thank you both so much. I really appreciate the time and energy you spend in helping me with my dreams. So much. I can't tell you how much and I can't begin to thank you enough. Thank you so much.
Best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/abroad

Hi Kathy and Justin,

Some more thoughts on this dream, especially in light of the one I had two days after; Four Breasts.

Cows are animals who digest their food well, so much so that they chew it all over again , and again. Their digestive process is complex, and anatomically they have several stomachs. The focus of the entire dream was the Cows. The commentary about the Cows was that there weren't any. The Cows were half built.
Thus, their digestive abilities were incomplete.

The Cows were outside the bus, in the landscape, 'out there', and were clearly illuminated..the unconscious is making commentaries on the outer life, not inner life...

In the Four Breasts dream, I'm complaining of diarreha in connection to my travels....inner journey to outer world, and back again to unconscious...diarreha represents the bodies inability to properly digest food and seeks to quickly get rid of it, unproperly digested.

In light of the commonalities between these two dream symbols, I think my unconscious is trying to tell me something regarding my waking life. Something know well about unconsciously, but in my unconscious state is not fully digested, not fully realized, the implications of are not clear, etc, etc.

In a dream after these two I dreamt I was going to the bathroom a lot, but not diarreha, so maybe on some level my unconscious is doing the 'letting go' for me? Processing something that needs to be eliminated from my life? But I think its important for me to understand what it is consciously. Maybe with these dream theme connections in mind I will see other clues in my dreams.

Thanks again and best,
May

Hi May

On the run so need to be brief

That's it ,,,, ruminate on things and they will be absorbed as needed ,,,
The process is also a natural one, and unseen ,,, it happens automatically inside the cow ,,, great image
Not sure if it is true that cows have four stomachs ,,, that number keeps coming up

The tiolet imagery ,, again ,,, letting go of the shit. I think this happens 'naturally' also, and am not so sure we really need to see and understand it all.

thanks for the follow up
JC

Hi May,
You make good points. Ditto to Justin's response & that mulling it over will lead to the meaning(s). Some thoughts on the cows...

Four legs as the foundation of the self work you're involved. A foundation must be in place before soul body work begins. With your info on limestone, particles of dead matter adrift in a sea...dualism possible...

Past issues (dead matter) that reside in the deep unconscious (sea), unformed as yet in the conscious, or not yet come to consciousness. That came to being through social 'learning' & life experiences (pressure & heat) that express in ways yet unseen, or only partially recognized, by the conscious.

As a foundation for self work, four being the number representing wholeness. That which you desire. Working to build the foundation on which the Self will carry the weight of the work. The soul body not yet formed however the work you now engage can eventually lead to that which you seek.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Hi Justin,
Thank you so much for your response. I do agree that at times it's OK to not 'ruminate', but I think in this case, since my unconscious is sending me such long, complex and vivid dreams that maybe I do need to take a much closer look at what's happening in my dreams and how it relates to my waking life. I wrote more about this in my post to Gerard also, if you have a chance you can glance at it.
Thanks so much,
May

Hi Kathy,

Thank you so much for this reply. This is great! I am beginning to build a foundation to do this inner work, my self is starting out... this totally resonates with me. In fact, earlier this morning when I got up I decided to make a drawing of a dream, then I decided to draw all the dream themes that occur around my parent's neighborhood. Once I had a dream that I found a beautiful Oak tree in our neighboor's garage. This morning while drawing I was meditating on what possible meanings this good have. Oak trees take hundred's of years to mature and release acorns, i.e. bear fruit. I know I am 'supposed' to look at the entire dream, but I like to look across dreams to at themes, intuitively somehow this helps me too, so I thought great, I'm going to do well in my development or am doing well. Then I wondered about the garage, and I worried that a garage is not fertile soil. But the Oak tree was doing well. I checked on line in a dictionary for garage and even though we are not 'supposed' to do that......

it said that a garage was a foundational place where we plan, strategize, do all these things that build groundwork, a good solid foundation for the future. Wow! Reading this post confirms to me that that's what the Oak Tree in the Garage means...its not a bad place to be like I was worried about. Also, I had that dream almost ten months ago.....so the foundation building started long ago. Also, dream images show us the direction our psychic growth can go...the potential ...so I feel mine is positive.

I have had some new insights about personality type, but I will post those under the link where we discussed it before, and later..

Thank you so much Kathy!
Take care,
May

Re: Re: Re: night/day, guys/gals, busride, limestone/marble cows, brown/blonde hair

Hi May

yes, once we have this experience we know that dreams do keep unfolding. We begin to be able to trust in a process that is happening even though we may not be consciously aware of it - awesome !

The Oak Tree, I am sure has further symbolism ,,, to spirituality and myth ,,,,

re the linking themes in dreams - yes this is so too ,,, as you have brilliantly and thoughtfully posted to me in my dreams about the negative mother architype ( I shall respond to that in a bit)

yes,
Justin

Hi Justin,

"The tiolet imagery ,, again ,,, letting go of the shit. I think this happens 'naturally' also, and am not so sure we really need to see and understand it all."

I disagree. When dreams bring up imagery it is symbolic of things we do need to look at and understand. A helpful link on this idea:

http://www.jeremytaylor.com/pages/excrement.html

In fact, these very types of dreams are some of the most important to look at, understand, analyze and see where they fit in walking life. Jeremy especially talks about repression and denial...two of our strongest defense mechanisms. The dream uses imagery to make it easier and to show the necessity of understanding such types of imagery. Without the dream perhaps we would remain as we are....unaware, ununderstanding, unchanged....etc.

Why not understand the dream symbols? No matter what they are?

Well, this was one of my concerns with interpretations, so I'm glad I recently found Jeremy's website, which confirms a lot of what I was trying to say before.

It is important to understand our dreams. A dream wouldn't appear without a reason...the reason...understanding...insight...growth & healing. It needs time, analysis, reflection...so on. Repression and denial (not understanding, not reflecting) are the very destructive factors the dream is trying to heal....whether it is a dream about excrement.....or perhaps other symbols.

So, thanks for your help in interpreting my dreams...we are all on a journey to wholeness, and we are all learning.....

My best,
Psyche

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Eternal/Dreamland

stats from 7-14-10 to the present