Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
snake

Hello,
My daughter shared an intense & miserable feeling dream with me. Since she did share it I feel obligated to research it a little , very carefully because I do not want to insert anything into her awareness that she may need to discover on her own and I believe since she remembered it so clearly that it is worth writing down (for her too) and doing some "work" with it. She is thirty and moving very far away. It's the opposites for sure going on... great success in the external world but major adjustments and activities going on. This dream was disturbing even tho she does yoga goes to goddess group and is very intelligent...maybe too much "yang"..Her associations about snakes are different of course than mine.. I don't know... She said this huge snake entered her mouth and was plunging inside . She pulled it out and could taste it feel "scales" coming off as she dragged it out...It felt awful. What do you all think? Is it high anxiety forcing her to remove too much she is having to swallow ..forced by the logos world to go where she will be in a new "frontier" ...away from good friends yet away from an awful man...father of her little girl who is never going to interact in a healthy way with either of them so she is very happy she gets to go and take her away from a painful situatiion. Is it s0 obvious or does it send hints.? Should she "befriend" "snakes"...do art about them..become more grounded..get more in touch with her feminine side...what? Should I tell her anything at all. Sharing dreams is a form of trust , right? What questions do I encourage her to ask herself..I have so many reference books and but her age and what she is going thru is holding me back some. any insights would be appreciated. Is it basically just making her body feel.....what is happening to her? Thank You Anna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: snake

Hi Anna

I gather that you have good familiarity with Jung, psychology and 'the path' generally. So I offer this interpretation to do with as you see is best - my feeling is that if a person has shared a dream with us then in some way 'they' are asking / ready to look at the issues raised,,,, just how we do this best needs to be answered individually.

In this case I shall just read and write my impressions ,,, so it may be unfettered and blunt - please accept it as my limitations and not a reflection on yourself or your daughter - here it goes:

Is she a mother's daughter? and is part of this 'for you'.
Have you already drawn your own conclusions? ("Opposites for sure").
Is the daughter 'driven'? ,,, patriarchal influences, seeking balance through yoga and Goddess group ?

Swallowed snake - sexual issues? swallowing something that goes down one way and is not meant to come up (like pelicans, they swallow fish so that the scales slide down) ,,, and she pulled it out ,,, if she had just swallowed it it would have just gone down and had its effect.
- doing something that is 'hard to swallow'.
But what does the snake represent ?
The snake has so many associations, Eastern and Western; in common the issues of rebirth.
Eastern - Kundalini energy, (but this rises and is in the spinal channels).
Western - the 'bite' - a shifting of awareness from unconscious to conscious; childhood -> adulthood; taking responsibility for our own path; seeing how things are in reality and accepting them for what they are.

Is she running away from something that she has to swallow / accept ,,, something that would raise her awareness perhaps?

Jung and yoga - these are my views and experiences as a yogi and as a 'Jungian' - Yoga as often taught in the West does not emphasise 'getting grounded' ,,, there is a lot about 'getting up there' (to the sky) (and our society esp. American is about getting up there, excelling) and little about re-establishing roots to the earth. I mean real roots, not just the airy fairy getting in touch with myself routine ,,, really feeling connected to the earth (Mother Earth). I think this is particularly pertinent to those of us who have felt the influence of patriarchy ,,,, as most yoga is taught by women it is hard to capture the 'masculine side of yoga',,, but all this is off the point I feel.

But back to your daughters dream - is she 'resisting' what is for her own development?

What 'to do' ,,,, (a patriarchal approach ? ,,, just being and allowing - the feminine) - I know what you mean ,,, yet as you know we can only look at things for ourselves, and learn things for ourselves - as a parent it may be necessary to stand aside and let her do what she feels she must - and as a loved one it is really hard - I often think of God the Father standing by and 'letting' his only son go through what he needed to do ! mind boggling when thought about ,,, He could have 'prevented' it all.

Maybe just support (as contrasted to comfort) her and encourage her to reflect on her own dreams and look for recurring themes ,,,

Thanks Anna,
all the best
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: snake

Hello Justin,

Thank you very much for your time you have given for my post!!!!
I can't discuss a lot of detail but you deserve to receive some . I am leaving for the weekend so much to do..
I am going to let her read this when I see her. I would say no to a mother's daughter (Now)in many ways but we can never know for sure the developmental years before 11, yes..I was definitely a "puella"..hestia ...type until my initiation into survival without a man. I am the opposite of my mother thank god for all my studies and counseling.....My daughter has far surpassed my path(strong ego , persona) when I was in the twenties but at the expense of losing the feminine...She works in a patriarchal company as an executive .... ........ My therapist sadly told me because of her history she won't do well in the men department for a long time.
Yes, it's tough to let go and watch them discover insights 'we ' have painfully learned by experience..the best teacher.
She is struggling with having to move very far away. Moving is way up there... If she is in side her a mother's daughter the move will faciltate the needed separation for both of us but I have a full life and she does too. We are not in communion physically or mentally but about once a month. I will add more next week...I got to run...I am very pleased (7 impressed) with your knowledgeable input Justin...
AnnaBanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Re: snake

Thank you for the feedback - there is no need to share / post more than you need / feel is beneficial ,,, the feedback really help me to learn more about the language of the soul / pshche through dream

safe travel
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

stats from 7-14-10 to the present