Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
burning paper, candle

Hi Guys

I would appreciate some help with this dream also - it was lastnight - ther is a lot going on for me at present and maybe this dream can 'shed some light',,,

? location - myself and others have just been to look at a place where we can hold a yoga retreat. It appears to have everything we need, and we need to bring very little extra stuff.
Later, we are gathered around. I am trying to fill in the sheet that we will have to complete to apply to use the place. I am having difficulty, even getting the name of the school right; I forget that the name has changed and I have put in the old name and have to correct it.

Next to me, on my right, is Cassandra, a friend through yoga in real life. She is making candles. She is pouring hot liquid wax to make a very large candle - the scent is beautiful. She asks me or I ask her what the scent is / do I know what the scent is. She tells me - I have not heard of it - I do not know it. She says it is uncommon, rare, little known. I say that she could, should, would do well doing this to support herself (?meaning financially).

As I am trying to fill out the Application sheet it catches alight from a lit candle on the table I am using. I try to put it out but cannot, am struggling to do so. I am thinking these people must think I am pretty hopeless - having trouble filling out the form, then setting it alight, and then not being able to put out the flames. I even use my hand to try to pat it out - but it re-lights. Eventually I have to sprinkle, splash water on it to put out the fire.
Craig, the teacher arrives.

Any thoughts ?
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Brisbane Australia 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

Re: burning paper, candle

Hi Justin,

I have a question about this dream.

Is the lit candle that burns your application sheet one of the candles Cassandra made in the dream?

If yes, I have some thoughts about this particular part of your dream.

Best,
May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35/abroad

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi May

The candle that burnt the application paper was on the table in front of me, Cassandra was on my right - the candle she was making was unlit.
It was not 'her' candle that burnt the paper ,,, nor 'mine' either I think

thanks,,
Justin

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

maybe what you are doing right now to support your self is not fullfilling to you and there is something else you would rather be doinhg what dose Cassandra do for a living?

Re: Re: burning paper, candle

Very insightful Ellen ,,,,

Cassandra has progressed in leaps and bounds in her yoga teacher training ,,,
I am currently not fulfilled at all in my work - and have been postponing my yoga teacher training; on rational reasonning ,, finances etc ,,,,

Can you tell me more ? How did you come to this ?

Justin

Justin,

I am sorry,
that it took so long
for me to get back with you
on this dream!
I don't know justin!!!!!
it just came to me that you were not happy with your current job.

Because you were filling out an application.
I had to wonder.

What dose Cassandra do for a living???????????????? to qualify being in that dream.

Re: Re: burning paper, candle

Thanks Ellen

I know it takes time to get to things, so don't worry

Cassandra main pursuit is yoga teaching ,,, she is well advanced; and I have been 'around the edges' so to speak ,,,
So what you say is really so spot on,
Maybe it is that if I continue to neglect my yoga teacher training I am burning my application ,,,, is that my path; or it is leave medicine and retrurn to yoga full-time. Concerns then are how to support myself, previously was unable to get suitable part-time work in that city. And I do not want to live in that city ,,,, however this is where my teacher is ,,,,
It is hard to see a middle path - am i looking to 'compromise' all the time perhaps ????
Thank you for keeping me on at this dream - I think it is important

Justin

Candles

Hi Justin,

I'm still curious about the candle symbology in your dream.

I'm interested in knowing if there is any relationship between the fact that Cassandra was making candles, and that there were candles in the room.

I'm not sure, but if I had this dream I would wonder why I got an image of someone making candles and then finding candles in the room.....because usually rooms are lit with electric lights..........

I'm wondering ....any ideas where the candles came from or who was their source....

Were there a lot of candles.....

How many were lit.....

Your response would determine the direction this thinking might take.....

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Eternal/Dreamland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi All

thanks for your inputs - I am still looking at this dream - and it seems to be getting (disturbingly) clear.

The candle - seems to be a sacred symbol; illumination; 'the lamp within'.
This is where I am confused - the agreement / contract is being burned by my candle.

I am not sure how many candles in total there were, however it was 'my candle', there was a single candle in front of me - and the appication paper was catching alight on that.the application is like an agreement, of what I would like to do / or what I have agreed to do ,,,,, ie: yoga teacher training; or at least a 'retreat' to this for a while ,,,,, oh boy,,, some large issues to face

However there is an alternate interpretation -

The dream could be interpreted the other way around ,,,, that to fulfill my agreement (my purpose in life) the yoga teacher training/ retreat / application needs to go, be destroyed ???

Any more thoughts, please ?
Justin

I thought a bit more about this

I was having difficulty filling out, completing the application / agreement - yes I am having trouble in my waking life fulfilling what needs to be done to pursue the yoga teacher training.

The symbolism of the paper being burnt by the candle ???? Is it
- destroying or
- an offering or,
- is the application catching alight, as in transfering the flame that burns within ??

Answering this is crucial, as this dream really speaks to my current dilemma - any thoughts appreciated

JC

Ok Justin never mind the candles for now.

How about the application?

One of Jung's techniques was to ask the dreamer why the dream choose a certain symbol over another...and the associations for both.

Why an application form? Why not a registration form?

If I take a class I usually register for it. If I'm applying for something...it is generally big and an entire change of track...like applying for college, grad school, phd program, to participate in a progam in Jungian analysis....to apply for a job....see what I mean?

When I register for something, could be a class, an online group, a newsletter......

What's your take?

Oh! And for me also registration includes acceptance...I don't have to apply, am already accepted, have my foot in the door, proven myself, etc......

Hi Justin,

The unconscious could have chosen any number of yoga friends...why specifically Cassandra???

From Mythography & Wikipedia…Cassandra was given a gift of prophecy however was cursed so everyone who heard her true and accurate foretellings of future events would believe that they were instead hearing lies.

While making the candle, (was it a circle/cylinder shape? making/molding the Self into something beautiful, completing the circle) Cassandra told you something, which you don’t recall. What did you feel during this part of the dream? My sense is this section of the dream was positive...

What don't you believe that could be entirely true? And...how does this affect your application of Self in yoga instructor training?

Sorry,,,more questions than answers.

Many thanks,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Central OH

stats from 7-14-10 to the present